WoW for complete MMORPG beginners

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aruntisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aruntisa
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I was a complete MMORPG beginner. I don't even read game manuals so how screwed was I? anyway I learned a few things that are super obvious to anyone here but might be useful to someone starting MMORPGs with world of warcraft. 1. After you roll up your character, they start you in a newbie zone. In a newbie zone, the monsters (hereinafter known as mobs, for MOBiles) do not attack you even if you run through them, so you can pick on something and beat it up without worrying about its buddy nearby. 2. Nobody wants anything you find in a newbie zone after killing something, it is all crap with pretty pictures to be sold to the vendor. Don't even bother keeping the large variety of healing or mana restoration items unless you make a stack of one type. Space optimization is vital to avoid leaving stuff on the table so just sell everything. 2a. All vendors buy anything from you all at the same price. Stupid, I know. The closest vendor to Ogrimmar airport has absolutely incredible "flow" due to incoming peeps unloading. He should drive a gold mercedes, not have just a few sticks of wooden furniture and a fire in his living room. 3. Take as many missions as you are able in the newbie village. After you level up, re-check around about for more yellow marks. If someone has 3 missions take them all. You can always drop a mission and at least for the first 20 hours of play you can always get it agan by going back. 4. Don't sweat whether or not some item you pickup and can wear or wield is better than something you have. Until you are level 15 it really doesn't make much difference whether some bit of equipment is a point or more better. In fact, you can pretty much do the first 6 levels naked if you fancy showing off, especially if you are a cloth wearing magic user. 5. If your pack gets full and you want to pick something up, just chuck out (drag to desktop) whatever looks like it would be worthless or whatever is not stacked and looks worthless. Usually body parts are worthless. 6. For the first 10 levels there is no need to kill random creatures you find unless it is part of a quest. Quest experience levels you up faster than mob experience. If you see a new bunch of creatures, just note where they are, because if you haven't got a quest to kill X of them, you surely soon will have.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

24950951.jpg.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points