Would you want Santa Monica to work on Heavenly Sword 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Seeing as how they're the guys working on God of War III, would you like to see them do the Heavenly Sword sequel since Sony still owns the IP?

I think they could do it. I'm not particularily familiar with their work, but they've got two huge installments to live up to with GoWIII and I'm sure they realize this. That being said, when they're done with that game, I'm willing to bet they could pull something equally amazing off with Nariko.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
No.. because they didn't make the first one.. Ninja Theory did.. i'd rather an entirely new IP.
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts
There both hack n slash so it wouldnt matter they would be the same or one would better and the other would be a faiulre in sales
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
No.. because they didn't make the first one.. Ninja Theory did.. i'd rather an entirely new IP.americahellyeah
A lot of people with Elfen Lied sigs and avatars popping up recently. Can't say I blame you, best anime I've had the pleasure of watching. Personally I wouldn't care for a HS2. I'd rather see Santa Monica do something new and not busy themselves working on a sequel to a disappointment.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]No.. because they didn't make the first one.. Ninja Theory did.. i'd rather an entirely new IP.Silent-Hal
A lot of people with Elfen Lied sigs and avatars popping up recently. Can't say I blame you, best anime I've had the pleasure of watching. Personally I wouldn't care for a HS2. I'd rather see Santa Monica do something new and not busy themselves working on a sequel to a disappointment.

Elfen Lied is amazing.. its a shame its so short.. It wasn't that i was disappointed with the first game, i rather enjoyed it, i just thought it ended so well why spoil it...
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Scianix-Black

Prequel sequel :D

Or a completely different heroine. I mean, it could work.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 americahellyeah

Prequel sequel :D

Or a completely different heroine. I mean, it could work.

Scianix-Black
I'd rather they just left the HS IP alone.. and give us gamers what we really want.. HARDCORE NUDITY!!! :P
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scianix-Black

:shock:

I think you might have something there..

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts
It was really fun and made good use of the Sixaxis, but short and seriously underhyped. It came and went like a fart in the wind and was compared to GOW a bit much. Still, a sequel would be cool.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
nah... can't say the first one wasn't good, but i don't think pursuing a sequel for such an unpopular title has a justifiable reward. I don't think it's worth the risk for ninja theory (or whoever would allegedly pick this title up) to invest into something that underachieved in it's first installment (in terms of sales and all that). cool for fans, but unwise for devs and i doubt Sony will want to publish something like that, especially these days; remember HS was a pretty high end game.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

wait i didn't really answer your question:

I would like to see a sequel, even if i think thye should make one, and i have no idea if Santa Monica studios would make it better (you would hope they would), and that's only IF they in fact take the project out of ninja's hands

also, i'm getting a sense that you have a craving for female leads... and i'm getting a vibe you're not one of those "i support woman's rights" kind of guys :P

(edit due to html formations)
Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
No.. because they didn't make the first one.. Ninja Theory did.. i'd rather an entirely new IP.americahellyeah
I agree with americahellyeah, but really, I can see the resemblance HS has with GoW III, they should make it
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
As long as they don't just make it God of War with a female character. I really liked the first Heavenly Sword other than the fact that it was too short with little replay value. I'm sure SM could do a nice job with it though.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
I would say if they did it then it would be a success. I want them to make a prequel, but nothing else.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scianix-Black

wait i didn't really answer your question:

I would like to see a sequel, even if i think thye should make one, and i have no idea if Santa Monica studios would make it better (you would hope they would), and that's only IF they in fact take the project out of ninja's hands

also, i'm getting a sense that you have a craving for female leads... and i'm getting a vibe you're not one of those "i support woman's rights" kind of guys :P

(edit due to html formations)Rakuho

lol, Women's rights.. yeah, I guess you could say that.

I don't know, I just find female leads to be more interesting than male ones, but the male ones, when done right, are some of the best around (i.e. Drake).

Sendmn23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Sendmn23
Member since 2005 • 645 Posts

Thats a tough one to answer...... the first God of war is David Jaffe's creative brain child. He left the God of War team after the first installment. Then Cory Balrog who was a concept artist for the first game took over as creative Director. I thought he wasn't going to do a good job, but he did, and to boot was able to make a game that in my opinion surpassed its predeccesor in every way imaginable. Cory was hand picked by David Jaffe before he left which was a good sign for any fan of GOD of War. Then not to long into the preproduction of God of War 3 Corey Balrog just up and left the company...... so now I have no Idea who the heck is working on three. I can already tell the tone has changed with newest trailers, and I hope they don't screw it up.

As far as Santa Monica studios working on Heavenly sword while the thought is nice. I just don't think it would amount to anything possitive. Ninja Theory did a great job on such a short game because they had a passion for what they were working on. If there is no passion from the developer I think that the game ultimately will fall flat and fail...... thats my gist of the situation.

gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gedo
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts
I really want to see a heavenly sword two the first one was amazing despite sales. Well, it did sell well but not as high as sony hoped. Just put in Kai or another character with a different timeline. I do like girls as heroines, it's a lot better than seeing a greasy muscled bald guy with a ninja costume.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
No, definitely not. I loved the first game and it had a very nice ending. I'd hate if they tried stretching a great game into a series and running it into the ground. Not every great game needs a sequel.
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"]No.. because they didn't make the first one.. Ninja Theory did.. i'd rather an entirely new IP.americahellyeah

Elfen Lied is amazing.. its a shame its so short.. It wasn't that i was disappointed with the first game, i rather enjoyed it, i just thought it ended so well why spoil it...

For me HS is a Leyended
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
I would be interested in a prequel / sequel. Just make the game a little longer this time.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

Regardless of who makes it, I want the series to continue. The series isn't about Nariko, but the sword itself and all the controversey around it, therefore, I feel the story is unfinshed, regardless of how the first game ended.

Ninja Theory held a focus group before officially announcing they will not continue the series, and some of the ideas they kicked around were pretty sweet.

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
OMG yes, heavenly sword is a gem! I love that game. Actually Ninja Theory or Santa Monica, just get me a HS2!