wireless headphones for the psp go?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

I know the psp go has bluetooth, so does that mean it supports wireless headphones? If so, any suggestions as to which brand(s) I should consider? This could be the determining factor if I get a psp 3000 or a psp go because I HATE wires.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

The Go does support bluetooth headphones that support A2DP fuctionality. I use my go with wireless bluetooth headphones. IMO the best I pair I have come across are the Motorola S9HD. They offer the earplugs that I really like and dont hurt after prolong use. The downside is that they dont have enough bass for my liking, and they cost me 80 dollars on sale but retail for 100 USD (probably a lot less now). The best budget pair (and the one I will get again if my S9HD break) is the rocketfish RF-MAB2. They have the best range; I can go literally across my house through 5 walls and it will be just as clear while the S9HD break up when im walking outside once every 5-10 minutes for 30secs. And the RFs have the best bass I have encountered, and the sound quality is better also. The only downside for them which is a major flaw for me is that they are not comfortable for more than 30 minutes. Now that may be just me but its something that bothered me more than anything else.

I Love my Go, i have it paired with my car stereo also. So i think its the best value for what youre looking for

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Nice breakdown, Dmann. It's nice to see posts that aren't monosyllabic consisting of grunts and hoots in a reply.

If you don't mind wired stuff, I favor the Philips "Extended Bass" buds. Fantastic low-end synthing and psycho-acoustic trickery make them really nice for explosions, and are comfy for long-term usage. Generally in the $35-$40 (US) range, and worth every penny.

Wireless is the ****, though. What a cool perk. My trouble is, I'd lose the dang things. That's what happened with my fancy Bluetooth earpiece for my phone... $70 lost in the blink of an eye! But I'm a foolish monkey, y'see... You'll probably do a lot better.

:D

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I dont know, but it should work.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 damann22

I dont know, but it should work.

JohnnyWPSP

Thanks for that exciting imput Johnny, you really swayed me toward the go.

I forgot to say a few things last night as well.

You do lose a lot of battery life with the bluetooth on, i think it drains it 30% faster even. Also streaming anything from music audio/video audio/ or game audio has a bit of a lag on it. For music its negligible since its constant, and for movies it may be a bit annoying for some movies and ok on others. But the worst is for games. I will use it as a headset for FTB3 but I sacrifice so much quality that I just use the mic on my go with regular headphones. Any dont even trying playing rockband unplugged or dj max fever, the lag throws you off so much that you have to time your responses a split second faster.

Overall I think its a great investment if you have a decent pair of headphones and like listening to music without wires. After using it I use the bluetooth whenever im out on campus or even around my house cleaning.

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

Thanks everyone for replying. I tried both of the psps at best buy and I like the feel of the 3000 much better. After playing on the psp go for 5 minutes my right thumb was hurting and my hands were cramping. The psp 3000 is much more comfortable to play on. I got a psp 3000 and a 16 gb memory card for about the same price as the go, so I'm good to go! Guess I'll be wearing wired headphones after all.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 damann22

Well did you try the Go without the security holder and just the unit alone? If not then you really didnt hold the Go. I think that the Go feels much better because the weight is better.

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eejus
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

I held both the Go and 3000 at best buy before I upgraded from my 1000. I didn't like how the Go compared to the 3000 but I ended up getting the Go because of it's other features as well as I was also thinking of getting an iPod for music and movies due to the size compared to the 3000 but the Go is a PSP as well as it is small like the iPod, so I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get the Go. Well, the first time I played it I realized that the feel in the store was obstructed by the security housing it was in. I think MOST posters that say the Go doesn't feel right are people that have only tried it in a store for a few minutes with the security housing on it or people that haven't even held it at all and will say anything to dis the Go because it doesn't play their precious UMD which are outdated IMO. I also went with the Go because I already had a Bluetooth headset at the time and found that I could use them with the Go.