Will region 2 game play on my Australian Ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninokeiko61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ninokeiko61
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

Hi all I live in Australia and have a new Ps3 console.

I was told that all games worldwide are region free

I am currently in Japan and just had delivered by Amazon a game called Railfan Brown Line.

I saw on the back it says For Japan Only, and also has the region 2 logo, I am now worried it will not work on my Australian Ps3 ?

Is this the case ?

Thanks again. Nino

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
blu-ray games should all be region free but the best thing to do is pop it in and see if it works for yourself
webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts

All PS3 games are region free, however blu-rays movies are not.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

PS3 games are region free. I have bought games from Hong Kong and it works on my Australian console.

Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 Tomrock101
Member since 2008 • 858 Posts

All ps3 games are region free :)

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Even if the games weren't region free, that logo wouldn't make any sense. In Blu-ray terminology region 2 is Europe/Africa/Southwest Asia/Australia. Japan is region 1.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

PS3 games are region free.

amak8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 amak8901
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi guys,

I have a ps3 from Australia and have recently moved to Romania. I wanted to buy GTA5 and it said Region 2 on the back. The guy at the shop told me that it wouldn't work on my console. I just wanted to make sure, if i buy the game, it would work as they won't accept a refund if it doesn't work. I have bought games from ozgameshop.com and they work fine from the UK, but not sure if i buy from Romania.

So if someone could please help me, i would really appreciate it. :D

thank you.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Not all PS3 games are region free. Almost all. Sony does not enforce region coding for games, leaving it up to publishers to decide. The only region locked PS3 game most people know about it Persona 4 Arena, published by Atlus.

Most PS3 game boxes do display region code numbers, but you can usually ignore it.

The game you bought, ninokeiko61, Railfan: Chicago Transit Authority Brown Line, is not region locked and plays just fine on any PS3 system. Enjoy!

@amak8901 - Grand Theft Auto V on PS3 is not region locked. For more information about GTA V, see this link:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200155736-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Supported-Languages-and-Region-Lock-Information

Cuzmov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Cuzmov
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@amak8901: The guy that told you that has no clue what he is talking about. It WILL work and not only that, the DLC will as well. I live in Romania, I buy my games from Romanian stores and so far, every online pass or voucher has worked on my Australian PSN account. When I imported a US game, the voucher didn't work because of the region difference. So I guess Australia has the same serial numbers as Romania.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11  Edited By RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Apparently all PS3 games are not region locked (apart from Persona 4 Arena) but I can't speak all of them, I can however, speak for GTA V which I purchased online from Hong Kong in fear that the Australian version may have been censored in some way and it worked perfeclty and it even came with the bonus Blimp DLC code (to use DLC codes from other countries, you will have to set up another PSN account and lie saying that you live in that country, once downloaded, you should be able to use it in your primary PSN account).

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

the game should work fine. note that however the game would probably be in japanese and might not have english text.