Will i get trophies if....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

I have inFamous and uncharted and i haven't opened either yet. Since PSN is down, if i were to play them, would i still get trophies ?

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

Yup. When PSN is up and running, you'll be able to sync the trophies you've got from those games.

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Yes on Infamous and no on Uncharted since trophies were patched in.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#4 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I have inFamous and uncharted and i haven't opened either yet. Since PSN is down, if i were to play them, would i still get trophies ?

RedxSniper
Infamous had trophies since its launch, however uncharted, on the other hand, had its thophies implemented later, since you havent played uncharted yet, you wont be able to update and thus will not get trophies. but you will get them on infamous, if a game has trophies, you can gain trophies regardless if you are connected to the internet or not, when you gain a trophy its stored in your hard drive, psn only syncs your hard drive with your account to show your trophies to the world.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
Any trophies you get at any time will be synced perfectly any other time (except for trophies that require you to do tasks online, of course).
RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RedxSniper

So there are no updates to inFamous that are gonna prevent me from enjoying the games' fullest capacity?

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts

So there are no updates to inFamous that are gonna prevent me from enjoying the games' fullest capacity?

RedxSniper
Oh, I see what you mean. No not really, I'm sure there were some updates they applied that may have fixed some glitches. Yet I extremely doubt you would even be able to tell the differences between two different playthroughs of the game, if one of them had the updates. Same with Uncharted.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lightleggy

RedxSniper
there are updates for infamous, but they dont add trophies, the trophies come default with the game, you will be able to gain trophies. the updates just fixed some glitches (that rarely occurred, even back then) and they also added a new power called "gigawatt blades" but dont worry, you can start playing now, when PSN goes online again you will be able to update your games and enjoy all the fixes and extra content they might add.
degenxerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 degenxerate
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts

I have a similar question except its for trophys i already have. I had Trophys for 3d dot game heroes on my PSN account but i got them on my other ps3. When i started playing on my newer ps3 last night since i wasnt on PSN it seemed to delete all the trophys i already had and started over again at 1%. Will that fix when i get back on or will it be broken now since it atready started over and gave me some trophys i already had?

Also its weird but the game did update even though i wasnt on PSN it still went to the screen downloading update, downloaded, and installed. Bayonetta did the same thing.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lightleggy

I have a similar question except its for trophys i already have. I had Trophys for 3d dot game heroes on my PSN account but i got them on my other ps3. When i started playing on my newer ps3 last night since i wasnt on PSN it seemed to delete all the trophys i already had and started over again at 1%. Will that fix when i get back on or will it be broken now since it atready started over and gave me some trophys i already had?

Also its weird but the game did update even though i wasnt on PSN it still went to the screen downloading update, downloaded, and installed. Bayonetta did the same thing.

degenxerate
dont worry, all the trophies you have obtained are there, if you synced your trophies to your PSN account in your other ps3, its there, its just that since you got your new ps3 when psn was down, your ps3 has not connected to psn, and thus has not downloaded the info of your psn account which holds all your synced trophies. once PSN is back, all you gotta do is check your profile and all the trophies you've earned, including the new ones from infamous and uncharted will be there. as for uncharted and infamous update..yeah, silly me, the updates of a game are not stored in PSN servers, they are stored in independent servers.
RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RedxSniper
Thank you for the help
3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

[QUOTE="RedxSniper"]

lightleggy

Infamous had trophies since its launch, however uncharted, on the other hand, had its thophies implemented later, since you havent played uncharted yet, you wont be able to update and thus will not get trophies. but you will get them on infamous, if a game has trophies, you can gain trophies regardless if you are connected to the internet or not, when you gain a trophy its stored in your hard drive, psn only syncs your hard drive with your account to show your trophies to the world.

OOOOOOOOOOO so thats why every one else has trophies for Uncharted and I don't!!!! (I bought the game when it first came out before the update, beat the game and traded it in.

djseebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 djseebee
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

yeah trophies are long stand, it belongs to the game , u can get it without PSN, but u need PSN for sync to rapter and here

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
you can still earn trophies, you just can't sync them untill PSN is back up