WhyTH Does So Many People LIke Patapon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts

Just give me a good answer what so good is on the game. because I find that the game s.... like a..! :p

I mean if you look to IGN's must have games... Patapon is on the list!? There are a lot better game than patapon IMO.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Its not a game that everybody would like, but its innovative and pretty cool.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

"PATAPON, PATAPON, PATAPATAPATAPON"

This ishow Patapon haters describe the game, even if they never played it.

thedemon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 thedemon44
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

I tried the game... it had nothing for me. I have no idea what people see in the game.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

not everyone likes it, but personally I hate it I have no idea why people like it

@tekken220

PATA PATA PATA PON, advance, PON PON PATA PON, Attack, where is the fun in that??

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

i love it

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
I agree OP, it's annoying and boring. The gameplay concept might have supported a decent flash game, but a full-blown PSP game with a sequel? No.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Let me guess, you'd rather have a game where you run around and mindlessly kill people for no inherent reason?

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Oh Mein Got WOW anothur poorly spelt swinging thread-time from eatern europe I am hoping you believe me frum guy! XD

LOLS Cat! Pass the V8 & Zima so that I seem swinging americanski! I am loving your postwhoring ways, so just tell me for you? XD Ok?

OK.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
IDK why. It's their opinion though.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rubedisky

tekken220

Euhm tekken 220, I already did play it! and the game was very frustrating xD. so...

kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
I LOVE Patapon.
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#13 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

I saw a friend of mine playing it so i tried it. Lasted only 10 min. I never touch the game again.

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

tekken220

Well it's what comes to mind every time I think of the game too... And I loved it :P

boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

Just give me a good answer what so good is on the game. because I find that the game s.... like a..! :p

I mean if you look to IGN's must have games... Patapon is on the list!? There are a lot better game than patapon IMO.

rubedisky

not just "on the list" but "on top of the list". Patapon2 is actually IGN's best PSP game of all time.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

i love it

damann22

Me too. It is actually one of the few games I won´t trade. Patapon 1 was pretty easy to complete but the sequel has proven itself too bee hard and I have yet to complete it.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

I've never been motivated to try it but now I have mixed ideas about it...maybe I'll try it but I don't know, it doesn't seem like a game I could get into

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

How does one describe theevolution of taste and how it is culturedover the years?

If we all liked the same thing, looked the same way, dressed in similar fashion, well, then I suppose we would be living out some Orwellian nightmare. Wouldn't you say that to be the case? Diversity is what makes life interesting, at least to me. And while I appreciate getting on "SOCOM" and making new ventilation holes in the side of some punter's cranium, I couldn't live on a game like that alone.

I bought "Patapon" on a whim when I found it used for $12.99 (must have been a banner week at work to blow my bread like that). I took the game home and it sat on my shelf along with a few other titles I had stocked for a rainy day and eventually, it found it's way into my PSP. I'm not a music game fan although I played "REZ", then "Frequency", "Amplitude", and eventually became pretty good at "Guitar Hero" simply because my roommate and other friends were playing those games so I'm more than familiar with the formula. But "Patapon" breaks out of those conventional music formulas in ways that make the game fresh even though it's rhythm-based in nature. There are strategic elements to your attacks as far as which warriors and other support units and where you set them in your formation, and I must say that the artwork is fairly unique on the platform, and evokes "Samurai Jack" impressions that make me smile like a baby with gas. Combine that with the infectious theme, and to me you have a very fresh, different game to play for when shooting people in the mellon gets old.

Not everyone likes Vanilla ice cream. That's why there's chocolate, strawberry, and the like. If you don't like vanilla then no problem, just step down the counter and I'm sure someone will be glad to serve you some strawberry. There's nothing wrong with the game or the people who play it any more than there's something deficient about a SOCOM player...

... although if you listen to the racist, homophobic nonsense on the headset being tossed around, you might come to a slightly different conclusion...

... But the world of games is wide and varied, and I say thank the powers that it is, and that we have such a vast multitude of flavors to find and combine out there as consumers.

Right?

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

Pedantryy~♫~♫~is a beatifull thingg~~ ♫ :o Pedantry~~♫~~♫~la la laaa

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Played both games, and was stopped in my tracks both times because the juju command is far to unforgiving
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

i rented patapon and i had a good time playing it for week. and I liked the demo of the sequel. people like it because its a unique game. there are not many games like patapon. why do people like any type of game? everyone has different taste. Read the reviews, try the demo, decide for yourself. end of thread....

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

I think it's a great game, but you kind of have to move along before it gets fun because thats when the customizing starts getting really fun

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
I have it and I think it's alright, it's not to bad but I think it's overrated.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I personally didn't like it, but I'm not gonna bash people for enjoying it. The game has a cool concept, but I just couldn't get into it is all.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rubedisky
[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

How does one describe theevolution of taste and how it is culturedover the years?

If we all liked the same thing, looked the same way, dressed in similar fashion, well, then I suppose we would be living out some Orwellian nightmare. Wouldn't you say that to be the case? Diversity is what makes life interesting, at least to me. And while I appreciate getting on "SOCOM" and making new ventilation holes in the side of some punter's cranium, I couldn't live on a game like that alone.

I bought "Patapon" on a whim when I found it used for $12.99 (must have been a banner week at work to blow my bread like that). I took the game home and it sat on my shelf along with a few other titles I had stocked for a rainy day and eventually, it found it's way into my PSP. I'm not a music game fan although I played "REZ", then "Frequency", "Amplitude", and eventually became pretty good at "Guitar Hero" simply because my roommate and other friends were playing those games so I'm more than familiar with the formula. But "Patapon" breaks out of those conventional music formulas in ways that make the game fresh even though it's rhythm-based in nature. There are strategic elements to your attacks as far as which warriors and other support units and where you set them in your formation, and I must say that the artwork is fairly unique on the platform, and evokes "Samurai Jack" impressions that make me smile like a baby with gas. Combine that with the infectious theme, and to me you have a very fresh, different game to play for when shooting people in the mellon gets old.

Not everyone likes Vanilla ice cream. That's why there's chocolate, strawberry, and the like. If you don't like vanilla then no problem, just step down the counter and I'm sure someone will be glad to serve you some strawberry. There's nothing wrong with the game or the people who play it any more than there's something deficient about a SOCOM player...

... although if you listen to the racist, homophobic nonsense on the headset being tossed around, you might come to a slightly different conclusion...

... But the world of games is wide and varied, and I say thank the powers that it is, and that we have such a vast multitude of flavors to find and combine out there as consumers.

Right?

you should make your own book xD ;)
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rubedisky

i rented patapon and i had a good time playing it for week. and I liked the demo of the sequel. people like it because its a unique game. there are not many games like patapon. why do people like any type of game? everyone has different taste. Read the reviews, try the demo, decide for yourself. end of thread....

Talldude80
again I already tried the game out and you need a mod to delete a thread.
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I have played Patapon before and I didn't like it. It felt pretty boring and I got tired of it very quickly. The idea that the game is trying to bring is innovative, though.

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#28 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

Personally i love patapon! Why does it matter to you if people like it anyway? :roll:

More_Dakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#29 More_Dakka
Member since 2007 • 1625 Posts

I've played and liked the original Patapon- it wasn't bad. The aesthetic was charming- equipping and setting up your army tended to be fun as well.

The main problems were that spells were way too hard to pull off, the unfortunately necessary extensive replaying of hunting levels was a major turn off, and the game's rythym was sometimes inconsistent- leading toa fewmajor control issues.

These problems were the main reasons that Patapon is unquestionably in the 'love it or hate it' territory.

Suffice to say- I still liked Patapon. But not enough to have any interest in replaying it or buying the sequel.