Why? Just answer me Why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

magus334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 magus334
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts

Ok I was reading a few reviews and I see many games get bashed because it doesnt have online multiplayer. Since when every game have to have online multiplayer? To me a adventure game or a platformer shouldnt have online, because with complaining fan boys the developer ends up throwing a crappy online mode on a game that shouldnt have it in the first place. That's like adding online gameplay to Heavenly Sword or GoW. Bottom line not every game should have online and reviewers need to realize this.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
What game are you talking about? I actually see the opposite, people complaining about multiplayer in Dead Space 2, BioShock 2, etc...
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
some games just feel like they *should* have online. what games are you referring to??
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
What game are you talking about? I actually see the opposite, people complaining about multiplayer in Dead Space 2, BioShock 2, etc...MethodManFTW
you should best; it's the game in your avy and sig. And I wholeheartedly protest against online multiplayer in Vanquish or other non-multiplayer type games. but AC:B multiplayer seems to be shaping up very good...
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It's a double edged sword. Some game outlets criticize a game like Ninja Gaiden 2 (360 version) for not having online multiplayer but games like James Bond Blood Stone get slammed for having crappy online. Gametrailers did that to those games. I don't get it either but it is something to stop trade ins.
magus334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 magus334
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts
some games just feel like they *should* have online. what games are you referring to??starwarsjunky
games like Unleash 2, GoW, didnt see the need for online on uncharted 2...games like that.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]What game are you talking about? I actually see the opposite, people complaining about multiplayer in Dead Space 2, BioShock 2, etc...funsohng
you should best; it's the game in your avy and sig. And I wholeheartedly protest against online multiplayer in Vanquish or other non-multiplayer type games. but AC:B multiplayer seems to be shaping up very good...

I haven't seen one person that said Vanquish should have multiplayer.. And if they did they never played the game or would want a totally crap game.. Can't have bullet time in a multiplayer game... and 8v8 with people power sliding all over the place would be fun for about a minute... Vanquish without its awesome mechanics would be pretty lame. But yeah, what I have seen of AC:B's MP looks awesome, I've only seen one game mode tho.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]some games just feel like they *should* have online. what games are you referring to??magus334
games like Unleash 2, GoW, didnt see the need for online on uncharted 2...games like that.

Where is one review that said God of War or Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 needed multiplayer? I want to go to their site and laugh at them.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]What game are you talking about? I actually see the opposite, people complaining about multiplayer in Dead Space 2, BioShock 2, etc...MethodManFTW

I haven't seen one person that said Vanquish should have multiplayer.. And if they did they never played the game or would want a totally crap game.. Can't have bullet time in a multiplayer game... and 8v8 with people power sliding all over the place would be fun for about a minute... Vanquish without its awesome mechanics would be pretty lame. But yeah, what I have seen of AC:B's MP looks awesome, I've only seen one game mode tho.

idk about GS, but other places I go, there's a lot of discussion on that, and yeah, clearly they haven't played the game.
TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts

Ok I was reading a few reviews and I see many games get bashed because it doesnt have online multiplayer. Since when every game have to have online multiplayer? To me a adventure game or a platformer shouldnt have online, because with complaining fan boys the developer ends up throwing a crappy online mode on a game that shouldnt have it in the first place. That's like adding online gameplay to Heavenly Sword or GoW. Bottom line not every game should have online and reviewers need to realize this.

magus334
Online multiplayer helps to increase the replayability value of a game . Take Uncharted 2 for instance . After you've played through the stellar single player over 4 times , and platinum'd the game , you're bound to find very little to return back to it had the great multiplayer not been there . Developers implement online multiplayer to lengthen the replayability of their games . And I personally love how they're working hard to do so . It shows that they want our money to be well spent . :)
The_Wii_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 The_Wii_Lover
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts

i agree with u i mean take me for an example. I have a PS3 and i can only buy a game once a month so i always try to find a game that can keep me busy the whole month and most of the time it's the multiplayer included in games that can do that ( GOW3, AC II and Fallout are exception because they have a lengthy and lovely single player mode) so then i go to buy COD instead of Vanquish or The Force Unleashed 2(i can always buy them when they hit the 30$ mark)

P.S; MGS4 is the pinnacle of games with great single player and multiplayer. Also Uncharted 2 and GTA IV.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]It's a double edged sword. Some game outlets criticize a game like Ninja Gaiden 2 (360 version) for not having online multiplayer but games like James Bond Blood Stone get slammed for having crappy online. Gametrailers did that to those games. I don't get it either but it is something to stop trade ins.

Not really, they stuff online into every game, especially every FPS, but its futile. Because the reality is, people aren't going to stop playing the online juggernauts like Call of Duty and Halo to play these games. Yet ironically, being fully aware of this themselves, the audience demands every possible game have online play; knowing their not going to play it.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

No one will ever hear me complain about no online in games. the only online i think i enjoyed console wise was the co-op in re5. and i could have done with out that. For me games like uncharted 2 ect are for SP exp. and i feel that often times when a devloper tries to do both SP and MP, one or the other suffers for it, some times both. i prefere a devloper put all there time and resources in to one or the other. Im a bit worried about the next batman game haveing online for just that reason. batman AA was a great game and it had no online, the devs put there effort completly in to the sp and as far as im concerned it payed of wounderfully. Of course you have games like UC2 that has a great SP even though it also has MP. But still for me, i prefere one or the other. what seems a wast to me is some of those FPS's that have such a short SP campaign,Why bother with SP if its only going to be 4 or 5 hours and all you do after is update the MP maps ect. Just make it a MP game and have a huge MP game right from the get go.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I agree not every game needs MP, And I hate when devs add MP and it feels tacked on, but some games like U2, people including me hated the idea and thought it would never work and ruin the SP but ND did a great job, and I've heard a alot of great things about AC:B which is a game that I didn't think would work with MP. So if the devs take there time and put the effort in they can make it work without feeling tacked on. But nothing will keep players coming back for more like the FPS genre and games like Halo, CoD, BattleField.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
More games should be none online, and long hours.... cuz online multiplayer getting over rated.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Yeah, I remember when everyone was complaining how Uncharted/GOW3/Infamous didn't have multiplayer, not every game would suit having it.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]some games just feel like they *should* have online. what games are you referring to??magus334

i dont recall reading any reviews that said god of war or force unleashed needed multiplayer :?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I sure understand why they add MP. There are tons of people commenting "this is a rent for me" on all games that lack an online component. People seem to believe that an online mode adds an endless amount of extra playing time. That's not true IMO. I play all games until Im bored and want to play something new. And I usuallyget bored with the online parta lot quicker than I was bored by the SP.

annoyingdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 annoyingdevil
Member since 2010 • 1222 Posts

I cant think of any games that get critizied for not other online besides games that really need online and that mosty motion sports

eg.

sports champions

damn ping pong would be so epic online

sorry for refrence to the wii but wii sports resort need online and it didnt get it

so to be honest its mostly sports games that need online

some games will never get online

eg. prince of persia games because they dont have a lot of characters

and vanquish dosent need online i played the challenge demo on psn it was good

so to conclude

the best games for online are:

fps

sports

racing

fighting

so i think that if adventure games need online then they just need co operative

the only good platformer with online is little big planet and a few others

Foxdies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Foxdies
Member since 2010 • 233 Posts

its not always necessary in every genre, but if done right, its a nice add...for example, gotta love the uncharted multiplayer...

and as for god of war, id love to see an online component of that, co op would be awesome..

it all kind of depends i guess...good devs can put in a good multi too, the more mediocre devs with more mediocre games should sometimes only concentrate on the singleplayer instead of wasting time on a crappy multiplayer just to have it in there.. but if you look at games like gta4 or uncharted 2, those are games with great singleplayers with great multiplayers on top, so no harm done there :p