Why is everyone selling thier psp's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Got_Made

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Got_Made
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
Everyday i come on to these forums someones selling thier psp and asking how much they should sell it for. I dont get it, whats wrong with the psp at the moment?
Mad_Cat123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mad_Cat123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I sold mine because at the time there wasnt very much games out for it or games that i liked, and people with 360 and ps3 i presume they spend most time on them and not the psp, which is odd cause its the other way round for me :?
PlyrChicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PlyrChicho
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts
mmmm...i dont know...maybe cause the ds is better??...is just my humble opinion don't take it from the wrong side...or they just want to buy a ps3....
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
I actually had a psp back when it first came out, but after a few months there were no games so I sold it.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I actually had a psp back when it first came out, but after a few months there were no games so I sold it.nivet14
I did the same thing. I bought it at launch and had it for about six months before I got rid of it, but I just bought a new one and a 4GB memory stick yesterday. There's a ton more that you can do with it now versus two years ago. It's still lacking in the games department but I got my DS for that. I'm more interested in the Multimedia stuff.
Ojstillfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Ojstillfly
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts
Cause they're not very smart
DARKCHOAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DARKCHOAS
Member since 2003 • 2100 Posts

WOW, I have two still. My launch one and an updated one for all current games.

-zonkey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -zonkey-
Member since 2007 • 411 Posts
everyone complains about the lack of good games for it.  i disagree with this though.
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

The games suck (besides SM's PIRATES) but i am still hold on to mine for D&D Tatics after i beat that mine will be for sale also heck you can buy a Wii for 250$ and a PSP for 200$

Ardrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ardrid
Member since 2005 • 889 Posts

The games suck (besides SM's PIRATES) but i am still hold on to mine for D&D Tatics after i beat that mine will be for sale also heck you can buy a Wii for 250$ and a PSP for 200$

lge777

Clearly you either have poor taste, ridiculously choosy, or another typical DS fanboy. In either case, there are plenty of excellent games on PSP. Oh, btw, you might want to keep up on current pricing before you spew your nonsense.

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts

different people have different taste Some say the PSP has few great game but if you really look there's a good selection of games out. Reviews see the psp and either compare it to the ps2 (in terms of graphic, control, and gameplay) or other hand-held (load times and battery life) instead of looking at the system and judging it on it's own merits.

People selling it may just not see the value in it ...... just look at those who sold it only to get it again a few months later. If you got it take the time to enjoy the games and features the PSP offers.

Avatar image for WuzCrackinHomie
WuzCrackinHomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WuzCrackinHomie
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
The PSP, BTW!!!, is very PIMPOLITOUS i dunno wtf you guys are talkin bout....sellin a psp? what sick mind would even think about that. My friend sold his psp for 230$ with 1 game cause it was broken.......ohh btw i feel bad for the sorry guy who bout it, yea....it needed 134$ of repairments. Thats how i roll! The good ol' days rite?!
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
I'm not selling it I love that thing sooo much
fpsmastaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fpsmastaps2
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts
Yeah i really love mine, Id never sell it. And i think i got mine at the right time because good games are out, so far i got Metalslug anthology, MMPU and MOHH
Avatar image for WuzCrackinHomie
WuzCrackinHomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WuzCrackinHomie
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
I know why people are selling there psp.....*looks around the room suspicously*.......*Whispers*......................................."Because, they want too!"
fpsmastaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fpsmastaps2
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts
lol i mean i can understand not many games are appealing. I mean as of right now, i have no clue what game to buy next. No other game appeals to me.
Got_Made

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Got_Made
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

I know why people are selling there psp.....*looks around the room suspicously*.......*Whispers*......................................."Because, they want too!"WuzCrackinHomie

Yeah no sh*t ''because they want to'' but why do they want to.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

um 40$ per game is alot to pay and considering they load the shelves with a bunch of crap games and all the good go unplayed.  SO y wouldn't they sell it i almost was about to.

but i get my games so cheap its like i'm pirating or something :twisted: lol

4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts

mmmm...i dont know...maybe cause the ds is better??...is just my humble opinion don't take it from the wrong side...or they just want to buy a ps3....PlyrChicho

I have PSP & DS I bought the PSP 1st but was curious about the hype for the DS. DS is not better the games on these 2 portables are different PSP games are more like console version of games while the DS has games like pick & play. Right now I'm playing my PSP more because of Innocent Life while I pick up my DS when I'm multi tasking like talking on the phone & stuff bec. most of the games doesn't require that much attention . 

pcktlnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 pcktlnt
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

I have owned both PSP and DS. I sold off the DS. I enjoy the games for the PSP more anyway. Plus I like the screen size. For the DS, most games felt girly or kiddish so I couldn't really get into it. The only thing I can say good about the DS, you can play one handed. So...good for when you break or lose your hand or something. :P

JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
Alot of people bought their PSP's for Metal Gear over the holidays. Either they are done with it or are disappointed by it and have nothing else to play since aside from maybe Ratchet and Puzzle Quest (which casuals have never heard of) there is nothing worth while to play this year.
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts

I agree, I also had a PSP and a DS. When I decided to sell one of them, it was NO comparison. I'm a Nintendo fan, but the DS games were a big disappointment. Most felt like they were thrown together in a day, glitches, crappy (or no) storylines, clumsy controls. I had more fun playing GBA games with it. And yeah, DS seemed to be geared more towards the younger audience. PSP games, and the system itself, is kind of pricey though. And I don't like this different versions crap, they shouldn't sell it until they're ready to sell it, buyers shouldn't have to worry what 'version' they have. Other than that though, the PSP is great.garey017

DS games in general are worse in quality than PSP games but they have that Mario guy. His games are pretty good. I'd be surprised through PSP 1's lifespan if it will get a game as good as Mario Kart DS. IMO even new Super Mario Bros. has been better than the PSP's entire library. They also have that puppy simulator that is still selling like wildfire. It's sick WTH lol...go Nintendogs. 

DurhamNC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 DurhamNC
Member since 2006 • 1139 Posts

Dracula X, FF AE 1 and 2, DnD Tactics, R6V, Silent Hill, ES Travels:  Oblivion, Crisis Core -- and these are just the games that come to mind, coming out in the next while. 

Puzzle Quest, Lumines, Rachet and Clank, Daxter, MGS, SoComm 2:  there are lots of good games out.  

I can't imagine selling my PSP.  Even if I didn't have any games currently I was into playing, it's still a PSP:  RSS, video, music -- the only thing it doesn't do is make me coffee.  

Avatar image for Xx_King_Beef_xX
Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xx_King_Beef_xX
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts

I actually had a psp back when it first came out, but after a few months there were no games so I sold it.nivet14

And you're here because??

Ryan0_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ryan0_1
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts
Even if ppl are selling them, Ebay is selling them like crazy.(so ppl want them) And dont belive every post on this forum most are done by 12 year olds. And it looks like the psp is getting better every year. There are so many Great games coming out this year its great to have a psp.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Falsity of the antecedent; clearly not everyone is selling theirs, so you proceed from a false premise. Your sample selection, put simply, sucks.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

The PSP that is so routinely maligned by the gaming community has really come into its own with a growing library of increasingly savvy original titles and welcome "remasters" of existing product.

That's what Tycho from Penny Arcade had to say about the PSP, and I've been using that quote to express my own feelings for the PSP as well. Everyone says it sucks, it has no games, its only good for homebrew, and what have you, but thats not true at all. There are maybe 30 games I'd buy for PSP if I had the money, and thats just the ones that are already released.

liamabob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 liamabob
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

mmmm...i dont know...maybe cause the ds is better??...is just my humble opinion don't take it from the wrong side...or they just want to buy a ps3....PlyrChicho

yup... it got me my PS3

TooStoned420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TooStoned420
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts

I have owned both PSP and DS. I sold off the DS. I enjoy the games for the PSP more anyway. Plus I like the screen size. For the DS, most games felt girly or kiddish so I couldn't really get into it. The only thing I can say good about the DS, you can play one handed. So...good for when you break or lose your hand or something. :P

Your aN IDIOT smh

pcktlnt
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
The same people who are selling their PSP's now will be the same ones here back in November talking about how they regret doing it, just like last year.
iwishiwasrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 iwishiwasrich
Member since 2006 • 616 Posts

lge777

oo you can buy a ps2 for 130 and a will for 250. most games on ps2 are under 20 and they are really good game where wii has $50 game and pretty much only wii sport to play with. wii controlers are $60 and ps2 is $25. ps2 has eyetoy which can do pretty much all wii can and also the cheapest webcam on the market. they eyetoy also has a workout game for people who want to workout right and not just full around with the wii thinking they will get skinny.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

People get bored of a gadget eventually, like it or not. I'm hoping more games will come out for the PSP soon so I have a justification to buy one. I like portables, but after two years or so you get tired of having the same hardware and want the excitement of owning something new.

Frankly, I don't get why you'd buy a used PSP (or any device with an optical drive, for that matter) when new ones are now only $170. Saving $30 or so doesn't seem worth it when you consider that you can't return it if a dead pixel crops up or something.

AP_Nataku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AP_Nataku
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts

I can replay MGS: PO for endless times ever since i bought and kept it till now. Don't know why i never get bored of it.

And i tried The SM Pirate game. Don't wanna bash it but....SM and pirates are just not my style i guess.

PSP is getting better. Keep it for the sake of it being COOL and it being better in the future.

PSPZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PSPZero
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

I think its either of these reasons:

1. They want PS3, Wii, Xbox360, or DS

2. Not interested in PSP

3. Non-Homebrewable psp, and its useless to them

Christian2891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Christian2891
Member since 2003 • 41 Posts

i think that i might sell mine here pretty quick.

i bought it because i was debating between a game console or some mp3 player with a larger capacity (10-20GB).

the PSP seemed like a reasonable middle ground, but after i've had it for a few weeks now, and i've finished of LCS, i don't really want to buy a memory stick, since the PSP is too delicate and bulky (IMO) to be very portable.  

TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts

The PSP that is so routinely maligned by the gaming community has really come into its own with a growing library of increasingly savvy original titles and welcome "remasters" of existing product.

That's what Tycho from Penny Arcade had to say about the PSP, and I've been using that quote to express my own feelings for the PSP as well. Everyone says it sucks, it has no games, its only good for homebrew, and what have you, but thats not true at all. There are maybe 30 games I'd buy for PSP if I had the money, and thats just the ones that are already released.

somesthetic

Yea, it seems that many of the people who are crying out that the PSP doesn't have any good games are basing their information off of a few months after release. I don't think they ever looked at the games that came out since then, and they 'think' they haven't gotten any better. Honestly though, the PSP is the best system I've ever owned, and I've owned Atari, NES, Sega, Super NES, PS1, PS2, n64, Gameboy Color, etc...and nothing compares to the PSP IMO.

I own 62 games, and there are another 15-20 that I plan on owning eventually. I've played both the DS and PSP quite a bit though, and the DS just isn't very fun. I can name off 100+ decent/great games for the PSP, but the ONLY games I've heard a DS owner list off are: Mario Kart, Mario, New Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Dogs, FFIII, and maybe two or three others. :| I'm kind of shocked...as I could at least pick a few others I'd find interesting on the system, but apparently those couple of games alone give the DS the title of having a ton of great games...while the PSP only has a few?... Am I missing something here? Since when is less more? I'd take anyone of my PSP games over any DS title offered, thank you very much :P

Also, I've been to a number of forums where I hear a large number of people who are crying out that they wish they didn't sell their PSP... even some people who are stocking up on a large PSP games but don't own the PSP yet. lol.  I say do the research first before making a decision guys...that's what I did, and I've been enjoying my PSP ever since.  The DS just wasn't for me...I want console quality games on the go, and I think that is where Nintendo lags behind.

Plush93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Plush93
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
I sold mine because I barely used it as I like my PS3 a lot more.
AdolChristin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AdolChristin
Member since 2005 • 975 Posts

I sold mine because at the time there wasnt very much games out for it or games that i liked, and people with 360 and ps3 i presume they spend most time on them and not the psp, which is odd cause its the other way round for me :?Mad_Cat123

I think it just depends on the person, their beliefs, following other gamer's thoughts, amount of released titles (Same goes with the Playstation 3 right now), and to many is "what is a good/bad game".

I also believe that if a person (for example myself) doesn't want to get rid of games anymore and wants to collect, then their numbers increase. I kicked myself in the *** for getting rid of Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Kartia: The World of Fate, my Nintendo 64 that had Goldeneye, and probably a dozen-ish others. I was upset with my Opa who got rid of Persona...I thought that the game was pretty cool.Â