Why doesn't the PS2 have a forum?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crunchy-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crunchy-Black
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

Is it because it would generate too much talk? Given the intense 120 million user base, is that why Gamespot chose not to have one? Even though the General and off-topic boards have multiple million posts I don't see why this would be a problem though. When do you guys think the PS2 will start to die off? With that many units sold it definately has a market that's almost 10 times of any other console. However all the classic PS2 series such as Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid are moving onto the PS3. But that aside, why is there no PS2 forum? It almost feels like Gamespot is trying to let it die but not giving it it's own place for discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I guess they expected them to migrate here
Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts
because ps2 owners should get out of the stone age and buy a ps3. its the same with xbox.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
They started the Legacy Platforms forum for older consoles. I'm not sure if I think it is a good idea or not, but it's what GameSpot have done. So I guess you have to deal with it. You could go looking for a PS2 union if it is that important to you?
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
They stuck it in with the stupid mess of a "Legacy Platforms" forum...no idea why.
Crunchy-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crunchy-Black

PS2 still has a very strong following though, that's why games are still being developed. There's so many people who are still buying them because they are cheap and there's a huge database of games which also happen to be cheap AND good (if you're not into the whole next-gen graphics BS) and that's what really keeps developers making games for them still. I mean cmon the PS2 outputs better graphics than the Wii. It's still a very popular console so I don't understand why Gamespot wouldn't have a PS2 forum.

phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 phoenyx9
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts
Yeah, it's part of the legacy forum now. I think it's a bad idea, I also have a ps3 and x360 but still used to post in the ps2 forum.
Crunchy-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crunchy-Black
I'm a PS3 owner myself, but my girlfriend has a PS2 that I just recently bought for her. She loves it. But I just don't think the PS2, given it's the highest selling console of all time that is still getting sales and new games developed for really deserved to be slapped into a legacy forum with XBOX and Atari 2400's.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I also noticed recently i'm not allowed to post in PS 2 forums anymore :(

Is the forum closed ???

yanks1112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 yanks1112
Member since 2005 • 867 Posts

I'm sorry. I really like my PS3 and everything but the PS2 is not dead.

I can see maybe in a year from now but there are still games being released for it.

Is it because people are not buying Burnout and they are buying Twisted Metal instead? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Just because Micro killed the Box early, doesn't mean Sony will do the same.

Sony even stated they have not planned on dropping support for the PS2 yet.

Limonadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 Limonadi
Member since 2006 • 982 Posts
i cant find PC-forum also..
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

because ps2 owners should get out of the stone age and buy a ps3. its the same with xbox.patsfan4liferjn

If that would happen then sony would be larger than microsoft... there have been over 200,000,000 ps2's sold since it was released...

huriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 huriona
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts
Because some genius @ Gamespot decided the forum directory was too cluttered. Like many of you said the PS2 is far from being a "legacy" console. It's really a bad decision. There was a thread in the Feedback and Site enhancements board about this issue. I'd suggest more people post in there to let them know how you feel; maybe they will reconsider their decision.
UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 UnlivedPhalanx
Member since 2005 • 5433 Posts
If you'd like to see something added to the site or feel the site lacks in an area, you can use our "Site Feedback and Enhancement" forum but please do not rant on the PS3 boards.