Why doesnt God of War 3 get the hype it deserves!?!?!?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sebas117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sebas117
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

So GoW2 left us with a mind bobbling (lol) cliffhanger, and GoW 3 is gonna be epic but I barely see anyone talking about it. IMO I think it deserves the hype MW2 got and actually live up to it unlinke MW2!

P.S.

MW2 fans dont bash at me =D

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Comes out in March. Expect the flood of threads to come out then.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I think God of War III gets the hype it deserves, and then 10 times that amount on top of it. I'm sick of hearing about the game already, and it's still months away from release.
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

Ultrabeatdown55

Boom

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

We're too busy with MW2.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

We're too busy with MW2.

1bigsmoke55
Says the guy with MW2... everything.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
IDK. To me I am not hyped at all about the game. I am sure the game will be great but I care about other games alot more next year.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
More people need do need to be hyped for it; after playing the amazing demo and because of the high quality of the previous games, I have very high hopes for this game. Anyone who thinks this game will be mediocre needs to try the GoW III demo.
Avatar image for ParisHilton1Fan
ParisHilton1Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ParisHilton1Fan
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

Did he just say mind bobbling?

Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ultrabeatdown55

ParisHilton1Fan
Yes and he thought it was humorous...
aerial6790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 aerial6790
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts
They're still working on it,it's just to build the anticipation.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

More people need do need to be hyped for it; after playing the amazing demo and because of the high quality of the previous games, I have very high hopes for this game. Anyone who thinks this game will be mediocre needs to try the GoW III demo.StealthMonkey4

could you send the code my way since it works on more than one system?

92GreenYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 92GreenYJ
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts
I would probably be excited for GOW3 if I had actually payed 1 or 2 last gen. Somehow never managed to get to them though even though they definitely seem like my kind of game. Guess I better add the GOW collection to my Games to get list
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

So GoW2 left us with a mind bobbling (lol) cliffhanger, and GoW 3 is gonna be epic but I barely see anyone talking about it. IMO I think it deserves the hype MW2 got and actually live up to it unlinke MW2!

P.S.

sebas117
far from deadline, plus it will get 9.5 either way overall critic score if not higher, so the game got enough hype
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Ultrabeatdown55
It doesn't have anything to do with that, its more because unlike Activision who spent more advertising the game than they spent making it, Sony has been shoving it down consumers throat nonstop. Hype is directly proportioned to how much the publisher hypes it.
smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

We're too busy with MW2.

1bigsmoke55

True that.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

Not getting the hype it deserves? I've seen tons of GoW threads over the last few weeks, especially since the demo became available. The GoW threads aren't going to stop anytime soon either. I think the game is getting plenty of hype. Maybe too much. I'm hyped about the game, but I'm starting to get tired of hearing about it.

comeon123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 comeon123987
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

I hate people who they talk about one game for months.

Its okay to talk about the game in forums, but not every ten minutes.

I mean I can't wait for GoW3, but its not time for people to get crazy

===================================================================================

Assassin's Creed 2

Offical SiteFaceBookTwitterTrailerIGN:BloodLines

IGN: Assassin's Creed 2YoutubePSN:Review

Hard News 11/13Ubisoft InterviewVideo Game Award ShowHard News 11/06

Amazing Footage Fan VideoFan CommercialFan Trailer

Click links please to keep Assassin's Creed 2 alive and join the official community with all kinds of rewards

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
It's four months away, yet. It'll get major hype when it's within a month from release.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Because Bayonetta is going to be million times better bring it on
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"]Because Bayonetta is going to be million times better bring it on

lol I agree with this. I'm a lot more hyped for Bayonetta than I am GoW. Played both Bayonetta demos and enjoyed them both more than the GoW III demo. I've always preferred DMC to GoW though so I guess I'm not surprised I like Bayonetta more.
sebas117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sebas117
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts
[QUOTE="ParisHilton1Fan"]

Ultrabeatdown55

I saw it in a funny movie lol
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

I think it has a legit shot at 10/10.....

But let's not start that..

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
because its god of war and last chapter on the series. we all know its going to be awesome, specially from the demo, and its still too ssoon to talk about it, coming feb next year ull see a flood of threads
el_taco_loco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 el_taco_loco
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts

P.S.

sebas117

Calm down you God of War Groupie! Are you upset because not everyone is infatuated with GOW3?

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

[QUOTE="sebas117"]

P.S.

el_taco_loco

Calm down you God of War Groupie! Are you upset because not everyone is infatuated with GOW3?

God Of War Groupie? he's just asking a question. no reason to bash.

Kid-Skull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kid-Skull
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

because hype is the quickest road to disappointment. besides bayonetta is going topwnsauce god of war in more ways than one. lol!

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
i was never that big of a GoW fan in the first place... I'll pick up gow3 eventually, but i'm not going to try to squeeze out any excitement for it... becasue there isn't any.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

because hype is the quickest road to disappointment. besides bayonetta is going topwnsauce god of war in more ways than one. lol!

Kid-Skull

as much as i am excited for bayonetta, and i already paid in full and pre-ordered it, i doubt it will be better than gow3, thats ur opinion, and i guess this is mine but i HIGHLY doubt it will be better than gow3....it is going to be awesome, probably better than dmc4 which was 'meh' to me and i dont doubt it will a awesome game, but goin as far as sayin better than gow3, that made me laugh i played the demo for both and i was more sucked into gow than bayonetta

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Did someone just seriously make a thread complaining about how "little" hype God of War III is getting?

...seriously?

Eh... anyway, I'm Scianix-Black, and I support these messages:

Kid-Skull

[QUOTE="funsohng"]Because Bayonetta is going to be million times better bring it onTexas2089
lol I agree with this. I'm a lot more hyped for Bayonetta than I am GoW. Played both Bayonetta demos and enjoyed them both more than the GoW III demo. I've always preferred DMC to GoW though so I guess I'm not surprised I like Bayonetta more.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Hype is good so that devs would really work on their project well... the bad part is when it doesn't meet its high expectations... it tends to ruin the game...

Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ultrabeatdown55
[QUOTE="Kid-Skull"]

JoKeR_421
as much as i am excited for bayonetta, and i already paid in full and pre-ordered it, i doubt it will be better than gow3, thats ur opinion, and i guess this is mine but i HIGHLY doubt it will be better than gow3

I agree.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="funsohng"]Because Bayonetta is going to be million times better bring it on

i really wish u were joking but i guess u arent.....anws for me gow3>>>>>>>>>>dmc, bayonetta, dont know how u can compare dmc and bayonetta, i personally do not like them
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

Dude, it's still ****ing November for Christ's sake ... the game doesn't come out for another three months.

THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

We're too busy with MW2.

1bigsmoke55
haha for now we are young grasshopper, for now we are...
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

We're too busy with Uncharted 2.

1bigsmoke55
Fixed. :)
randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

its getting a gud amount of hype right now and itll prolly get a mountain load of hype the month leading up to its release. i dont think its getting MW2 kinda hype because its a single player console exclusive so it dosent reach as big an audience as MW2 which is a multiplat with single and multiplayer gameplay

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

well seeing as how it doesnt come out until March next year id say wait until around then....hey it took till right around E3 for U2 to get more of its hype up...a lot of the games are the same way...maybe we'll see something at VGAs this year....and if its big as the demo at E3...it will get some hype up...right now a lot of people are on Gran Turismo 5, MAG and Heavy Rain....but after those are out....guaranteed youre going to see OMG GUYS GOW3 COMES OUT NEXT FRIGGIN MONTH MAN YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then 25% of those people get modded for having all caps

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Judging from the demo, it looks like more of the same from the first two games, with prettier graphics. Action games continue to evolve, you can't just splash some HD graphics on the same old gameplay and expect 10/10.

It had better get a whole lot more impressive between the demo and the release product to get my $60.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

Because Bayonetta is going to be million times better bring it onfunsohng

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHhahahahahhahahah

jokes over.

JMattM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JMattM
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

Judging from the demo, it looks like more of the same from the first two games, with prettier graphics. Action games continue to evolve, you can't just splash some HD graphics on the same old gameplay and expect 10/10.

It had better get a whole lot more impressive between the demo and the release product to get my $60.

ItsEvolution

Agreed!

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

JMattM

Agreed!

Completely disagree.

GoW3 won't bring anything new you say? How about actual living, moving levels? That E3 video wasn't for show, the levels you're on are actual moving, climbing Titan himself was the ground where you fought the enemies and it influenced your gameplay as well, which game has that function going on? Exactly. If anything, that aspect will revolutionize design levels.

How about using actual large enemies as ride-able combatants as well as platforming elements? I guess every game has that feature as well...

God of War 3 is one of those games that do not need to 'evolve' as you might think. How many FPS games have involved in last 15 years since PC DOOM and Quake days? 2-3? My thoughts exactly. But all of a sudden God of War III isn't bringing anything new, my goodness...

I could care less, I want to play Kratos story once again and for my pleasure at least, I don't need any groundbreaking changes. GOW is superb as it is.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

[QUOTE="JMattM"]

[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

Agreed!

Completely disagree.

GoW3 won't bring anything new you say? How about actual living, moving levels? That E3 video wasn't for show, the levels you're on are actual moving, climbing Titan himself was the ground where you fought the enemies and it influenced your gameplay as well, which game has that function going on? Exactly. If anything, that aspect will revolutionize design levels.

How about using actual large enemies as ride-able combatants as well as platforming elements? I guess every game has that feature as well...

God of War 3 is one of those games that do not need to 'evolve' as you might think. How many FPS games have involved in last 15 years since PC DOOM and Quake days? 2-3? My thoughts exactly. But all of a sudden God of War III isn't bringing anything new, my goodness...

I could care less, I want to play Kratos story once again and for my pleasure at least, I don't need any groundbreaking changes. GOW is superb as it is.

well, if the moving levels are scripted, it really doesnt make any difference if it isnt.... they are going to have to get through tons of test play, and if they make it out right, yeah, it's going to be unique and amazing
Avatar image for ParisHilton1Fan
ParisHilton1Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ParisHilton1Fan
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="ParisHilton1Fan"]

sebas117

I saw it in a funny movie lol

If you were referring to Blades of Glory he actually says "mind bottling".

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts

Sokol4ever

Agreed wholeheartedly. All this talk about how GoW3 is somehow deficient for not being revolutionary and too much like the last two games is honestly mind boggling to me. Have people forgotten what a "sequel" is? This is the third and final game in the main trilogy of the series. They are not going to radically alter the series at this late point. Don't fix what isn't broken, just polish it and make it even better. Hold off until it's cheap if you must, but I'm glad that Sony is making a God of War game, for God of War fans. We sent a clear message, "we want more Kratos" and that's what we are getting. Sony has made no bones about the fact that this is simply more God of War, bigger, gorier, meaner, and even more epic. So I fail to see why anyone expected anything else, because no one, not one person, involved with the development of the game has ever given you any reason to expect anything more. So those expectations that the game isn't meeting, are of your own construction if you feel that way.

Their has been no failure to meet some standard or measurement of quality. We got what we overwhelmingly asked for, simple as that. If it isn't for you, more power to you, don't buy it. But don't expect to send a message, because I assure you that you will be greatly outnumbered. This game will be a resounding success because it is what it is, not in spite of it.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Scianix-Black

lol, I never realized so many people were complaining about GOWIII not bringing anything new or innovative to the table.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Meh. I'm getting it and I'm sure it will be a fun game, but I'm not that excited over it. I haven't even played the first two games and judging from the demo I can still tell it will be more of the same.

I am getting the Ultimate Edition though. I am a sucker for limited editions of games.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Scianix-Black

Why are you buying a game you don't seem to care for?

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Like with most games, hype will increase as the release date gets closer. There will be a GoW3 sticky up in a couple months here and on SW, I'm sure.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Why are you buying a game you don't seem to care for?

Scianix-Black

I do care for it. I'm just not super excited about it. I have always wanted to play the GoW games, so I bought the GoW Collection and will get the Ultimate Edition. If the originals don't blow my mind then I can always just cancel the order or switch to the normal edition.