Why do people say the PS3 is no success?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
[QUOTE="pjoasil"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="krazyboikei"]

Oh yea I may sound like a fanboy, but it makes me chuckle to see 360 owners who were bashing sony's $500-$600 system as too expensive a few months ago say the 360elite $479 is "awesome."  I really can't see the reasoning behind it, why do they think it's so great? it only has a bigger hdd, hdmi, and a new color scheme... and still no hd-dvd...

x-2tha-z

It's great for many reasons. You pay $600 for a PS3 with HDMI and 60GB hard drive. Elite 360 has a hard drive twice the size (120GB) and HDMI for $479. The difference is $121.

That $121 you saved buying a elite 360 could be spent on two games. Unlike the PS3 there are actually some games worth buying on 360.

No matter how you look at it the 360 is the better buy. I was going to buy a PS3 but all the games I want for it are coming to 360 anyway. Now that Devil May Cry is on 360 anything's possible. How long until FFXIII and MGS4 are anounced for 360?

You're right about no HD-DVD though. Point is, most people don't have HDTV's so they don't care. Those who do can always buy the add on. That's what I did.

The 60 g Ps3 is still a better buy then the elite.

The only thing you are getting with the elite is an HDMI port which doesn't matter because you don't have a HD-DVD drive built in. You get a 120 hard drive but do the math. When you go to transfer your 20 g HDD to the 120g HDD, you loss 20g so you only have 100g left. After that you can't even use your old 20g HDD anymore unless you have 2 xbox live accounts. I guess you have to throw that away or trade it in for peanuts.

With the PS3 you can buy an external 160 harddrive for cheaper (169 dollars)  and still be able to access your 60g hard drive from the dash for a grand total of 220gigs. Don't forget built in Blue ray and WiFi.

In the long run You will spend more on the XBox 360 then the PS3 with add-ons. This is how Microsoft got rich in the software business!!!

Why doesn't HDMI matter? Because there's no built in HD-DVD drive? Where's the logic in that? I'm sorry but that's a very stupid comment. I'd put it in my sig but I can't be bothered and find it quite cruel.

You don't transfer 20GB to your hard drive. You're transfering data so you aren't losing gigs of space. That's more flawed logic.

Yes you can buy external hard drives for your PS3 but that's just adding more cost to an already expensive console. You can use these hard drives with 360's too BTW.

I know 360 isn't Wi-Fi as standard with a built in HD-DVD player but you have the option for it instead of being forced to buy it like you are with Sony.

You're right. Microsoft did get rich in the software business just like Sony got rich with hardware. Maybe that's why they're forcing you to buy a Blu-Ray player in your PS3 and giving away Blu-Ray movies. They aren't much use without a HDTV and maybe if you have the player and movie you might just buy one of their brand new and over-priced HDTV's.

Don't tell me you're all too blind to see that?

P.S I love it how you defended everything except the PS3's games. Isn't that what a games console is supposed to be about?

Best FPS, offroad racer, and RPG on a console? The games don't need defending
Bannsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Bannsai
Member since 2005 • 36 Posts

360 is not cheap. why? heres why:

first i ill need a console to play on. i dont want to pay mutch so ill pick core system and one mem card. but i want to atleast play with friends online so 4 years of gold live (Until the new xbox comes out). now ill sum up the cost in SEK. Thats what i have to pay anyway :(

Core System - 2699 SEK

Memory card 64mb - 379 SEK

4x 12months xboxlive - 549 x 4 = 2196 SEK

Total: 5274 SEK = 755USD 20 cents

soo for 1000 SEK i get and ps3 that has 60gb HDD, wireless controller, Wifi, blu-ray(great for games so you dont have to swap DVDs) and also PS3 games thends to have lower price tags here as well. this 360 set up have no back compability at all. the euro ps3 have atleast some. not mutch thoe :( the thing the 360 has is the games. but most games are gonna be multi platfrom so you dont miss many games. the only games you miss are first party developed games. halo, fabel, killzone etc... most of 360 exlkusive titles end up on pc later on. I have had 360 and Iam one of those that hate smal fees here and there. It always end up being more money spent in the long run. the 360 is now totaly dead. sold it to a poor friend of mine while it was still working almost perfect.

just one last thing. the guy that said the bony is forcing blu-ray on us ps3 oweners. i dissagre. i hate disk swaping! BR is good for the games soo they can be BIG. yes you can compress on dvd but you can do that on BR aswell. and all that is compressed needs to be unpacked before being used.

If you want a 360 goahead and buy one (i did and regret that i did.). Iam now happy with my ps3 and are looking forward to more great games. need to play the ones i have first before getting new ones.

Corps FTW =P

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

I think Sony doesn't have what it takes as they did with the PS2. I don't think people are bashing the PS3 because it's "the popular thing to do". I honestly think they made some mistakes that people are voicing, so come out of the state of denial.

1. Sony DIDN'T make a developer friendly console (Developers are having a hard time developing for the system) No it's not the developers fault, it's Sony's fault for being stuborn and expecting the developers to figure it out weather they like it or not. That's not a good strategy if you want people to develop for your system successfully. (You as the gamer/customer lose out)

2. Sony DOESN"T have a successfull online service (That's what you get when you expect things to be for free)

3. Sony's price is just OUTRAGEOUS (Most people don't have HDTV's let alone able to spend $600 on a video game console, most HDTV's are around the same price as a friggin PS3)

4. Sony should've gave their customers realistic options when choosing a system (Microsoft let it's customers CHOOSE weather they wanted to have the HD DVD player or not to help keep the price down, besides stuffing new and UNNECESSARY technology down their throats)

5. Most of the PS3's technology will go UNUSED because it's difficult to develop for and it'll INCREASE development time and cost. (Most titles that will take advantage of the PS3's capability will be 1st party titles)

6. Most PS3 games just aren't up to par with the Xbox 360 because Microsoft has a powerfull "developer friendly console".  (Which saves TIME and MONEY and has also been praised by MANY developers)

To sum it all up these are my opinions and I'm no fanboy of the 360 although I love the way Microsoft has been going about things, I just hate to see such a strong company like Sony who helped build the gaming industry drop the ball. I still stand firm that Microsoft and Nintendo will pull out victorious especially after a 360 price drop. Hopefully Sony will drop their price at the right time to help savor what's left of a failing system.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#104 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I think Sony doesn't have what it takes as they did with the PS2. I don't think people are bashing the PS3 because it's "the popular thing to do". I honestly think they made some mistakes that people are voicing, so come out of the state of denial.

1. Sony DIDN'T make a developer friendly console (Developers are having a hard time developing for the system) No it's not the developers fault, it's Sony's fault for being stuborn and expecting the developers to figure it out weather they like it or not. That's not a good strategy if you want people to develop for your system successfully. (You as the gamer/customer lose out)

2. Sony DOESN"T have a successfull online service (That's what you get when you expect things to be for free)

3. Sony's price is just OUTRAGEOUS (Most people don't have HDTV's let alone able to spend $600 on a video game console, most HDTV's are around the same price as a friggin PS3)

4. Sony should've gave their customers realistic options when choosing a system (Microsoft let it's customers CHOOSE weather they wanted to have the HD DVD player or not to help keep the price down, besides stuffing new and UNNECESSARY technology down their throats)

5. Most of the PS3's technology will go UNUSED because it's difficult to develop for and it'll INCREASE development time and cost. (Most titles that will take advantage of the PS3's capability will be 1st party titles)

6. Most PS3 games just aren't up to par with the Xbox 360 because Microsoft has a powerfull "developer friendly console".  (Which saves TIME and MONEY and has also been praised by MANY developers)

To sum it all up these are my opinions and I'm no fanboy of the 360 although I love the way Microsoft has been going about things, I just hate to see such a strong company like Sony who helped build the gaming industry drop the ball. I still stand firm that Microsoft and Nintendo will pull out victorious especially after a 360 price drop. Hopefully Sony will drop their price at the right time to help savor what's left of a failing system.

gamer082009

Very good arguement. Well presented and to the point.

I think the problem is a lot of people are just blind where Sony is conserned. They'll put up with all there mistakes, bad consoles and everything else just because it has Playstation in the name.

You're all scared of change. Look at the reaction to the "boomerang" controller. All you fanboys flipped out when they changed the design of the controller you've been using since 1997.

I'm no fanboy either. I own a PS1 and 2 and I used to have a PSP but I sold it because it was a piece of crap. I'm simply open to more than one console and I know what I like best.

I'll buy a PS3 one day. I'm just waiting for Sony to give me a reason. Look at 360's games for this year and look at the PS3's. No competition and if Sony doesn't lower the price they aren't going to have a good 2007.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

gamer082009

I don't know who you think is in denial. Bashing denotes a certain tone being used when discussing a subject. It is fine to be disappointed or unhappy with Sony because of the choices they have made. That is not what is being represented on this forum. Posts such as "Teh PS3 is teh suxors" or "Teh PS3 is teh megaflop" etc... is blatent fanboyism and bashing. Look at any anti sony thread and find an intelligent well thought out statement at their disappointment with Sony, or how they believe Sony is making mistakes. All are just name calling intellectually challenged dribble that a mentally challenged monkey could produce. I have no problem with anyone relaying their dislike of how one establishment is conducting business, but to just bash a company for no good reason is just mindless and ignorant don't you think?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10635 Posts
the ps3 is not much of a success. the reason people say this (and I agree) because they have a VERY limited library still. The only game that is coming to PS3 that will be awesome is GTAIV. and that game isnt even an exclusive anymore. Alot of people will buy the game on the xbox360 since its the exact same game. Sony needs to develop some games for the blue-ray and the six-axis specifically. If they want they can make games ALOT bigger than a dual-layer DVD that the 360 has been using. and M$ says they only plan on using HD-DVD for movies. We'll see............ and now the Ace Combat series going to M$ too....... I see PS3 being 2nd place this gen. They have ALOT of work to do, just to compete with the 360 and its head start (that is building it looks).Talldude80
u say sony needs 2 develop games utilizing the six-axis and the blu-ray technology but u utter crap like gta 4 is the only game that looks promising on the ps3??!?!?!? umm hello!!!!!!!!!!!! doesn't lair, heavenly sword, and warhawk (exclusive ps3 games that'll utilize both blu-ray and the six-axis controller) but hey since they r new IP's so they don't matter even though sony past software projects won them 3rd place in "the best software developers of 06'" and since that the past projects that they hyped (resistance and motorstorm) did pretty well not perfect but good (heck in my eyes really good) but yeah u r right, they need more games / sarcasm is a b*#$h lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
I can't say why it is getting slammed right now, but I do know I have no problem finding them in stores, but can't seem to find a wii anywhere. Hell, I had a way way harder time finding myself a black Nintendo DS. In fact gamestop was the only place that didn't have a ps3 in stock. But thats to be expected from a store that only sales games. When the wii first came out I was knocking it, but not now. I want zelda.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ermacness
[QUOTE="krazyboikei"]

Oh yea I may sound like a fanboy, but it makes me chuckle to see 360 owners who were bashing sony's $500-$600 system as too expensive a few months ago say the 360elite $479 is "awesome." I really can't see the reasoning behind it, why do they think it's so great? it only has a bigger hdd, hdmi, and a new color scheme... and still no hd-dvd...

x-2tha-z

It's great for many reasons. You pay $600 for a PS3 with HDMI and 60GB hard drive. Elite 360 has a hard drive twice the size (120GB) and HDMI for $479. The difference is $121.

That $121 you saved buying a elite 360 could be spent on two games. Unlike the PS3 there are actually some games worth buying on 360.

No matter how you look at it the 360 is the better buy. I was going to buy a PS3 but all the games I want for it are coming to 360 anyway. Now that Devil May Cry is on 360 anything's possible. How long until FFXIII and MGS4 are anounced for 360?

You're right about no HD-DVD though. Point is, most people don't have HDTV's so they don't care. Those who do can always buy the add on. That's what I did.

but see thats just it, now the elite do come with a 120 gig hdd but if u want more(god i hope u don't) then guess what???!!! ur stuck, but with a ps3 they don't need an elite 2 increase the hdd just go out and get a bigger hdd thats all!!!!!!!!! and i am sorry but if u believe that the elite is a better buy over the ps3 60 gig then my friend u r sadly mistaken. Built-in wi-fi, blu-ray player (a winning format may i add) chargeable controller out of the box c,mon just the 1st 2 options put the elite 2 rest and sony do have a promising line up of games coming later on this year
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

Anyone else agree?xXSCREWSTONEXx

I kind of agree with you, but I can't really say I would buy a system to just play one game. Motorstorm is an amazing game, but it is not a system seller. GTA IV, Halo, MGS and FF series are the system sellers.

I still don't own a next generation console yet, but I am planning on buying on this summer. PS3 has been only out for 5 months or less, and it is doing very well. Although, some people might find that price is little steep, it is a console that will have a huge success in 2 years or less.

A lot of people complain about ps3 because these two things:

1. They simply can't afford it, and they really wanted to get ps3.

2. A lot of 3rd party developers are going for multi-platform release, so people believe that both blu-ray and PS3 are unnecessary.

However, I think differently. While, it is true that more 3rd part develoeprs are going to release their games on both ps3, and xbox 360 that doesn't mean it will always be that way for next 3-4 years. Ps3 will pick up a lot of exclusive games like Killzone, Heavenly sword, God of War III, and Lair. You can't compare ps3 to xbox 360. Xbox 360 was released one year b4 ps3 was released. By end of 2009, we will start to see things will be very different. (of course, Sony will have to drop the ps3 price b4 then)

This is just my personal opinion, but by end of 2009, sony will drop the price of 60 GB down to at least 400-500 dollars.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ermacness

Oh yea I may sound like a fanboy, but it makes me chuckle to see 360 owners who were bashing sony's $500-$600 system as too expensive a few months ago say the 360elite $479 is "awesome." I really can't see the reasoning behind it, why do they think it's so great? it only has a bigger hdd, hdmi, and a new color scheme... and still no hd-dvd...

x-2tha-z

The only thing you are getting with the elite is an HDMI port which doesn't matter because you don't have a HD-DVD drive built in. You get a 120 hard drive but do the math. When you go to transfer your 20 g HDD to the 120g HDD, you loss 20g so you only have 100g left. After that you can't even use your old 20g HDD anymore unless you have 2 xbox live accounts. I guess you have to throw that away or trade it in for peanuts.

With the PS3 you can buy an external 160 harddrive for cheaper (169 dollars) and still be able to access your 60g hard drive from the dash for a grand total of 220gigs. Don't forget built in Blue ray and WiFi.

In the long run You will spend more on the XBox 360 then the PS3 with add-ons. This is how Microsoft got rich in the software business!!!

Why doesn't HDMI matter? Because there's no built in HD-DVD drive? Where's the logic in that? I'm sorry but that's a very stupid comment. I'd put it in my sig but I can't be bothered and find it quite cruel.

You don't transfer 20GB to your hard drive. You're transfering data so you aren't losing gigs of space. That's more flawed logic.

Yes you can buy external hard drives for your PS3 but that's just adding more cost to an already expensive console. You can use these hard drives with 360's too BTW.

I know 360 isn't Wi-Fi as standard with a built in HD-DVD player but you have the option for it instead of being forced to buy it like you are with Sony.

You're right. Microsoft did get rich in the software business just like Sony got rich with hardware. Maybe that's why they're forcing you to buy a Blu-Ray player in your PS3 and giving away Blu-Ray movies. They aren't much use without a HDTV and maybe if you have the player and movie you might just buy one of their brand new and over-priced HDTV's.

P.S I love it how you defended everything except the PS3's games. Isn't that what a games console is supposed to be about?

ummm WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe with the blu-ray player yes but wi-fi isn't really forced down ur throat cuz u do have that ability 2 go hard wired if u want 2 but what the ps3 does is that if u do want 2 go wireless then u can do that w/o having 2 come out with 100$ out of pocket 2 do so so the wi-fi was a real smart move and the blu-ray player was 2 heck that's 1 of the main reasons y blu-ray is taking off so nicely
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ermacness
[QUOTE="gamer082009"]

I think Sony doesn't have what it takes as they did with the PS2. I don't think people are bashing the PS3 because it's "the popular thing to do". I honestly think they made some mistakes that people are voicing, so come out of the state of denial.

1. Sony DIDN'T make a developer friendly console (Developers are having a hard time developing for the system) No it's not the developers fault, it's Sony's fault for being stuborn and expecting the developers to figure it out weather they like it or not. That's not a good strategy if you want people to develop for your system successfully. (You as the gamer/customer lose out)

3. Sony's price is just OUTRAGEOUS (Most people don't have HDTV's let alone able to spend $600 on a video game console, most HDTV's are around the same price as a friggin PS3)

4. Sony should've gave their customers realistic options when choosing a system (Microsoft let it's customers CHOOSE weather they wanted to have the HD DVD player or not to help keep the price down, besides stuffing new and UNNECESSARY technology down their throats)

5. Most of the PS3's technology will go UNUSED because it's difficult to develop for and it'll INCREASE development time and cost. (Most titles that will take advantage of the PS3's capability will be 1st party titles)

6. Most PS3 games just aren't up to par with the Xbox 360 because Microsoft has a powerfull "developer friendly console". (Which saves TIME and MONEY and has also been praised by MANY developers)

To sum it all up these are my opinions and I'm no fanboy of the 360 although I love the way Microsoft has been going about things, I just hate to see such a strong company like Sony who helped build the gaming industry drop the ball. I still stand firm that Microsoft and Nintendo will pull out victorious especially after a 360 price drop. Hopefully Sony will drop their price at the right time to help savor what's left of a failing system.

x-2tha-z

Very good arguement. Well presented and to the point.

I think the problem is a lot of people are just blind where Sony is conserned. They'll put up with all there mistakes, bad consoles and everything else just because it has Playstation in the name.

You're all scared of change. Look at the reaction to the "boomerang" controller. All you fanboys flipped out when they changed the design of the controller you've been using since 1997.

I'm no fanboy either. I own a PS1 and 2 and I used to have a PSP but I sold it because it was a piece of crap. I'm simply open to more than one console and I know what I like best.

I'll buy a PS3 one day. I'm just waiting for Sony to give me a reason. Look at 360's games for this year and look at the PS3's. No competition and if Sony doesn't lower the price they aren't going to have a good 2007.

ok??!?!?!!? look at the games the only games that is xbox exclusive that looks promising is halo 3 and mass effect and maybe forza 2 but on the ps3 end we have lair, heavenly sword, warhawk, and mgs4 let alone motorstorm and tekken 6 so sony is still looking good in the exclusive department
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

gamer082009

Ok, you are really funny. You say all these things, and you are not admitting yourself as a fanboy? If you are going to talk about things that are so not true, then at least you can be a man and say out loud like, "Yes, I am a fanboy."

What do you really know about Video gamings? What makes you think sony is a difficult system to develop for? What, did you read that from GS, ign article? Just because 2-3 developers said, "Oh it's to hard to make games for ps3!" Have you actually made a game for ps3 b4? Oh.... no.

Sony ps3 price is not outrageous, or overpriced. After all, I rather buy 60 GB ps3 version, then Xbox 360 Elite.

To be honest, your arguments are so just aobut the same  through 1 to 6. You bascially restated everything with different words. It is all about Oh, ps3 is hard to develop, Oh ps3 is expensive, Oh, ps3 is not user friendly. Oh, did I mention hard to develope for?

Sir, this is for your own good. If you can't make an arguement without something to back it up, then dont' talk about it.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
I'm saving up like crazy, I don't have a PS3 yet, but I really want one, I think it's kind of a trend, every console gets tons of negative reactions, Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3, it seems to be very little about actual content more about people don't liking a brand.
azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts

Sony will own this generation.

Quote me. 

azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#115 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts

Sony will own this generation.

Quote me for when I'm right.

azuroc
Wicker_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Wicker_Man
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

What I find incredibly funny is people saying they'll buy an Xbox Elite because it has HDMI, but won't pay 20 bucks more for a PS3 with blu-ray cause they dont have HDTV. Well then why do they need HDMI? Component video cable does the job on your standard TV. Secondly, HDTV may be expensive right now, but it will surely become the standard TV transmission in 1-2 years.

Sony is telling the truth when they say the PS3 is a piece of technology that will be supported for a decade without getting obsolete after all. Microsoft, on the other hand, has already unveiled their plans for the 360 successor.

punisher2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 punisher2k8
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts
PS3 is amazing! whoever says otherwise is blind.
punisher2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 punisher2k8
Member since 2005 • 484 Posts

gamer082009
wow your so WRONG its unbelivable.... you clearly need to learn the facts before you post ;)  It has been stated that developers find the PS3 easier to make games for than xbox360
Gimp_Shard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Gimp_Shard
Member since 2006 • 104 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer082009"]

hcho3

Ok, you are really funny. You say all these things, and you are not admitting yourself as a fanboy? If you are going to talk about things that are so not true, then at least you can be a man and say out loud like, "Yes, I am a fanboy."

What do you really know about Video gamings? What makes you think sony is a difficult system to develop for? What, did you read that from GS, ign article? Just because 2-3 developers said, "Oh it's to hard to make games for ps3!" Have you actually made a game for ps3 b4? Oh.... no.

Sony ps3 price is not outrageous, or overpriced. After all, I rather buy 60 GB ps3 version, then Xbox 360 Elite.

To be honest, your arguments are so just aobut the same  through 1 to 6. You bascially restated everything with different words. It is all about Oh, ps3 is hard to develop, Oh ps3 is expensive, Oh, ps3 is not user friendly. Oh, did I mention hard to develope for?

Sir, this is for your own good. If you can't make an arguement without something to back it up, then dont' talk about it.

Not to bash you or anything but if you did some reading yourself (don't have to be a developer) you would realize that PS3 is more difficult to develop for then X360 is. Let me put it this way... X360 has 3 general use processors (similar to your PC) and people have been developing software for PCs for ages now so the transition is not very difficult. PS3 has this new thing called the Cell processor and it's one of a kind... non of the PCs use this technology (AFAIK) and the learning curve is very high on how to utilize the SPEs to get the best performance out of the cell.... the potentiall is there but it will take time to harness it.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

PS3 is amazing! whoever says otherwise is blind.punisher2k8

ill agree the PS3 will be awesome. They just over hyped it so much that there was no way in hell they could live up to it on day one or possibly year one. Itll come into its own though, just like the 360 did.Once People know how to work with the Cell. THEN the real console war begins

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#121 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
The reason people are dissin' the system is because of the price. So they complain on how they can't afford it, so people mind as well think it sucks since they can't buy one. Thats how I see it at least.ilikemilk007
I totally agree. The 360 is still having rings of death (neighbors just died) and over heating issues but people are treating it like the holy grail and with the new elite system coming it is only $20.00 cheaper and it still doesn't have an HD DVD drive or wifi built in. At least for the money you get 3 PS systems (1,2,3) free online play and a hi-def player. Which equals good purchase decission.
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer082009"]

I think Sony doesn't have what it takes as they did with the PS2. I don't think people are bashing the PS3 because it's "the popular thing to do". I honestly think they made some mistakes that people are voicing, so come out of the state of denial.

1. Sony DIDN'T make a developer friendly console (Developers are having a hard time developing for the system) No it's not the developers fault, it's Sony's fault for being stuborn and expecting the developers to figure it out weather they like it or not. That's not a good strategy if you want people to develop for your system successfully. (You as the gamer/customer lose out)

3. Sony's price is just OUTRAGEOUS (Most people don't have HDTV's let alone able to spend $600 on a video game console, most HDTV's are around the same price as a friggin PS3)

4. Sony should've gave their customers realistic options when choosing a system (Microsoft let it's customers CHOOSE weather they wanted to have the HD DVD player or not to help keep the price down, besides stuffing new and UNNECESSARY technology down their throats)

5. Most of the PS3's technology will go UNUSED because it's difficult to develop for and it'll INCREASE development time and cost. (Most titles that will take advantage of the PS3's capability will be 1st party titles)

6. Most PS3 games just aren't up to par with the Xbox 360 because Microsoft has a powerfull "developer friendly console". (Which saves TIME and MONEY and has also been praised by MANY developers)

To sum it all up these are my opinions and I'm no fanboy of the 360 although I love the way Microsoft has been going about things, I just hate to see such a strong company like Sony who helped build the gaming industry drop the ball. I still stand firm that Microsoft and Nintendo will pull out victorious especially after a 360 price drop. Hopefully Sony will drop their price at the right time to help savor what's left of a failing system.

punisher2k8
wow your so WRONG its unbelivable.... you clearly need to learn the facts before you post ;) It has been stated that developers find the PS3 easier to make games for than xbox360

Try again bud, The cell architechture is more difficult to program for, plain and simple. What John Carmack says is fact... its like if a ninja turtle told you "this Pizza is horrible" would you disagree? No
bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 bluegender
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts

Your last statement is something people just dont understand...
Lets say you are selling me a brand new truck for 25k dollars
The guy next you is selling me the same truck, without power windows, XM radio, the cool GPS system, or the extra 2 cup holders for 20k dollars.

At the time, I have 30k dollars I am willing to spend (big piggy bank), and well... i dont really need those extra 2 cup holders since the cab only seats 3, i dont really need the GPS system... i could just look it up on mapquest, and i dont really need XM radio since I dont spend that long driving back and forth. However all those look pretty darn cool. So I buy the 20k dollar truck...
Now i have 10k dollars left over, and all those upgrade will cost me around 6k dollars (...its a really big cup holder). So.... at the time the deal was kinda bad.. i mean i lost 1k dollars theoretically.
2 weeks later my paycheck comes in and its 700 dollars, 2 weeks after than i get my next pay check and its another 700 dollars... and one more week, another 700.....
So now i have my truck, Ive been able to use it for a a little over a month now, and I get to work at the same time, on the same roads as my friend, who bought the 25k dollar model does. Of course he has all those cool toys.

So I decide, alright, i better keep up with the neighbors and grab myself those toys... Check my savings, i have 10k, plus the 2,100 from the weeks between... Now i have 12,100 dollars to spend. So i buy those cool cup holders, XM radio, and i decide i dont really need the GPS system still... So i only spend around 5k, now i have 7k left... Now maybe someday ill want that GPS system... maybe Ill buy one thats more expensive...
...but you know what, my truck goes the same speed, gets me to were i gotta be, and i have 7k in my hand.... (granted i might get lost)

Money in hand goes further than a toy.
Sure i might spend 100 dollars more on the 360 after i buy some upgrades... but you know what, I buy them when and if i want them, and in the time between, i have 100 dollars in my hand

Throw in gas,insurance ( if you are young adult like myself insurance is expensive ),repairs and etc ,you will end up spending the same amount that the guy who payed 25k on his truck maybe not right then and there but it will add up to around the same amount over time,so all that money that you saved will end up being spent in the end,there is just no way around that.

gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#124 gamefan
Member since 2002 • 363 Posts

People want the ps3 to fail so badly they'll lie to parents by saying the 360 is better than ps3 which is their own opinion and not fact. The very sad part is ps3 is going to be in 360 spot in less than 2 years, and 360 will get old before ps3 does.....it's a promise.

pjoasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 pjoasil
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts

Oh yea I may sound like a fanboy, but it makes me chuckle to see 360 owners who were bashing sony's $500-$600 system as too expensive a few months ago say the 360elite $479 is "awesome."  I really can't see the reasoning behind it, why do they think it's so great? it only has a bigger hdd, hdmi, and a new color scheme... and still no hd-dvd...

x-2tha-z

With the PS3 you can buy an external 160 harddrive for cheaper (169 dollars)  and still be able to access your 60g hard drive from the dash for a grand total of 220gigs. Don't forget built in Blue ray and WiFi.

HDMI doesn't matter with the 360 because HDMI is made to run software like HD-DVD and Blue -ray, not DVDs. You can run low grade HD on DVDs just fine with component. So its not a stupid statement, its in educated one.

You stated that the 360 gives you the option to upgrade with wifi, and HD-DVD drive, but the point is that if you do choose to upgrade, you will spend more money then you would if you just got it from the start.

This gen everything is going to, or already has wifi, whether its a stereo reciever, HD TV, phones, blue-tooths, laptops. Its stupid to not have that already built in. Its like not putting a camera in a cell phone. This should be standard. Microsoft making the elite and not adding these options is a slap in the face to consumers.

Now having Blue-ray in my PS3 is an investment. I'm not being forced into anything because I did my homework before I bought a PS3. I predict that Blue-ray will take over DVD just like DVD took over VHS. If you look at the trend history is repeating itself. HD-DVD is already dead without all the major studios backing it except paramount and warner brothers. Therefore their library will be seriously limited.

If you don't have an HD TV and you are playing you XBox360 on standard definition, you are missing alot.

I have both the xbox 360  and the PS3 sitting side buy side and even though the PS3 doesn't have alot of games yet, I still feel like it has more promise. The 360 is over 1 year old and the only games that were impressive was gears of war, saints row,and oblivion. Every other game was crap and I just played to get achievement points.

The point is the Xbox 360 has alot of games but not alot of quality and variety (too many shooters). In fact the only exclusive game to look foward to is halo 3 all the way in DEcember. I'll be playing Lair, Heavenly sword, Killzone2 in the mean time while my 360 collects dust.

Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#126 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
ps3 isn't a success because it hasn't sold more then the 360 DUH! that's what most people would say. It's selling bad and they can find it on the shelves. I guess good supply is selling bad. Makes a lot of sense. Anyways, I think it has been a huge success so far.
pjoasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 pjoasil

GameArtGuy

With the PS3 you can buy an external 160 harddrive for cheaper (169 dollars) and still be able to access your 60g hard drive from the dash for a grand total of 220gigs. Don't forget built in Blue ray and WiFi.

Your last statement is something people just dont understand... Lets say you are selling me a brand new truck for 25k dollars The guy next you is selling me the same truck, without power windows, XM radio, the cool GPS system, or the extra 2 cup holders for 20k dollars. At the time, I have 30k dollars I am willing to spend (big piggy bank), and well... i dont really need those extra 2 cup holders since the cab only seats 3, i dont really need the GPS system... i could just look it up on mapquest, and i dont really need XM radio since I dont spend that long driving back and forth. However all those look pretty darn cool. So I buy the 20k dollar truck... Now i have 10k dollars left over, and all those upgrade will cost me around 6k dollars (...its a really big cup holder). So.... at the time the deal was kinda bad.. i mean i lost 1k dollars theoretically. 2 weeks later my paycheck comes in and its 700 dollars, 2 weeks after than i get my next pay check and its another 700 dollars... and one more week, another 700..... So now i have my truck, Ive been able to use it for a a little over a month now, and I get to work at the same time, on the same roads as my friend, who bought the 25k dollar model does. Of course he has all those cool toys. So I decide, alright, i better keep up with the neighbors and grab myself those toys... Check my savings, i have 10k, plus the 2,100 from the weeks between... Now i have 12,100 dollars to spend. So i buy those cool cup holders, XM radio, and i decide i dont really need the GPS system still... So i only spend around 5k, now i have 7k left... Now maybe someday ill want that GPS system... maybe Ill buy one thats more expensive... ...but you know what, my truck goes the same speed, gets me to were i gotta be, and i have 7k in my hand.... (granted i might get lost) Money in hand goes further than a toy. Sure i might spend 100 dollars more on the 360 after i buy some upgrades... but you know what, I buy them when and if i want them, and in the time between, i have 100 dollars in my hand

Wow, that went right over my head!

The point is that if you buy hardware for the future, you will spend less in the long run. If you buy add-on after add-on, you will spend more in the long run. the Xbox elite came out because Microsoft knows that their 20g 360 is obsolete compared to the PS3 and they didn't bother to put a HD-DVD drive in because that format has lost to Blue-ray. Its obvious.

Microsoft is marketing you well, that is why you can't see that you are spending more.

pjoasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 pjoasil

ps3 isn't a success because it hasn't sold more then the 360 DUH! that's what most people would say. It's selling bad and they can find it on the shelves. I guess good supply is selling bad. Makes a lot of sense. Anyways, I think it has been a huge success so far.Wii26

PS3 outsold Xbox 360 in japan in 1 month. Xbox 360 was out in japan for 1 whole year. FACT.

PS3 is selling at a faster RATE then the 360 Worldwide.FACT

Xbox 360 isn't even outselling the PS2. FACT.

Xbox 360 does have more units in the US then the PS3, but that is only because it has been out for 1 year.

Xbox 360 does have the largest user base at the moment out of the 3 consoles, but the Wii will surpass the 360 in sells by june at this rate, and PS3 will match the 360 by christmas. I think the 360 is in trouble. Its good right now but in 2008, I think not. 

Fireboy78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Fireboy78
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts
I am agree with Pjoasil. :D
satanyoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130 satanyoka
Member since 2006 • 157 Posts
It's funny how people keep using the same argument about PS3 not bieng developer friendly. If you care to remember SCE developed something called 'Playstation Edge'. It's to familiarise developers with the Cell architecture.