Who agrees that final fantasy just died after 10

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sephm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sephm
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

I dont know lately iv been very disappointed from Square-Enix which should be called (Square Soft)

the thing is that after final fantasy 10. Final Fantasy became really crap because of the new battle system that just ruins what final fantasy is originally about.:? seeing this new one for the ps3 FF13 just doesnt attract me. Well the graphics is amazing as always but u know the battle system is gonna be the same as final fantasy 12 which i think therye gonna keep it like this even for the other final fantasy's that for the upcoming ones in the future. Thats for the battle system but what about the story. Whats up with Square-Enix they just forget how to tell stories???. FF12 did not atract me cuz the story was pretty crap it was like starwars / Lord of the rings.........WTF!!!!?????. And now the main charcter for Final Fantasy 13 is a girl????!!. Im not being a sexicst or anything but...... A GIRL.... ohh great ur making now some new **** its not creative its PLAIN STUPID. And for the ppl who are reading this just to let u know im not a hater for Final Fantasy. In fact i love Final Fantasy more then any game but im just hoping that this one wont be a disappointment because therye was one Final Fantasy what made Square-Enix as it is today which is no doubt. The greatest game ever made that and metal gear which is FINAL FANTASY 7. Now i have shared my opinion about Final Fantasy 13 i want to hear yours:D.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
FFX was ok, FFX-2 Was HORRIBLE. i'm not a huge RPG fan but i did enjoy playing FFVIII.
mutill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mutill
Member since 2005 • 458 Posts

Yeah, the game quality and characters have lowered a lot. I mean come on, where have u seen a FF protagonist pose like this:

Vaan

Lol...

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
nah i dont think it died i just think it downgraded its still a great series but not as great as it use to be
tabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tabben
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

And now the main charcter for Final Fantasy 13 is a girl????!!. Im not being a sexicst or anything but...... A GIRL.... ohh great ur making now some new **** its not creative its PLAIN STUPID.sephm

A girl?... Its Madness!

incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
i honestly think it died before 10 cause i didnt like 10
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
I think it's still amazing...i think the team who was working on 12 who had worked on the others wanted to try something new (with the storyline and characters) from the save the world from big bad dude cliche and it kind of backfired on them, but battle system wise i believe it was an improvement. It wasnt optimized, but Final Fantasy isnt about to turn based battle system. It's about the best RPG experience possible, and today random battles and such just aren't the optimal experience one can get from an RPG. The new battle system in 13 sounds AMAZING from how they've changed mp cost and such and...i just can't wait...
Strife037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Strife037
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

well im lookin forward to 13, i also believe that 12 was a dud, boring characters, and even more boring story... i like the traditional battle system more and the summon system of X was the freakin bomb. I like Lightning as the main char, shes seems badass. So even if they go with the new battle system ill prolly enjoy it, as long as they put more work into the story this time around..

Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts

The thought of a woman being the main character in a Final Fantasy is so inconcievable, correct?! Question, what makes it so "plainly" "stupid"? You say you dont want to come off as sexist, yet thats exactly what you accomplish. . .

And FF13 will not be using the SAME EXACT battle system as FF12, it is a variation of it, mixed in with another idea.(from what I have heard)

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
It died after FF7 for me.
oldscratch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 oldscratch82
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
The flagship FF team responsible for 6,7,8 and 10 have not made a game since 10..this is why. The real talent is making 13 and versus 13. So I'm pretty excited for it. Crisis Core proved to me that they can still make a moving and amazing experience.
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
I liked FF XII a lot, though I have gotten sick of the constant spin-offs that have been coming since FF X. As for the main character of XIII being a girl, I don't see the problem (and you DO sound sexist). Personally, I thought of Ashe as being the main character of XII... However much Square tried to position Vaan as the main character, he just seemed irrelevant to the story, always taking a backseat to Ashe. So it doesn't seem like that big of a leap to me.
Kaine666_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Kaine666_2
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts

[QUOTE="sephm"]And now the main charcter for Final Fantasy 13 is a girl????!!. Im not being a sexicst or anything but...... A GIRL.... ohh great ur making now some new **** its not creative its PLAIN STUPID.tabben

A girl?... Its Madness!

Madness?!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!

sorry had to get that in

CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
I love 10, 12 blew hard. I even enjoyed X-2 more than 12 to be honest =/
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NuKkU

I love 10, 12 blew hard. I even enjoyed X-2 more than 12 to be honest =/CTUDude

yea me too lol

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
12 really didn't do it for me. There wasn't enough of a sense of danger in the story and Vaan was more of a passenger of events rather than the Catalyst. No more random battles was a relief. FF13/ Versus will probably be my last game so it better be good.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NuKkU

12 really didn't do it for me. There wasn't enough of a sense of danger in the story and Vaan was more of a passenger of events rather than the Catalyst. No more random battles was a relief. FF13/ Versus will probably be my last game so it better be good.JustWiicredible

i liked random battles :(

JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JustWiicredible

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]12 really didn't do it for me. There wasn't enough of a sense of danger in the story and Vaan was more of a passenger of events rather than the Catalyst. No more random battles was a relief. FF13/ Versus will probably be my last game so it better be good.NuKkU

theres always one. :)
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="CTUDude"]I love 10, 12 blew hard. I even enjoyed X-2 more than 12 to be honest =/NuKkU

yea me too lol

really? ew. x-2 was garbage in comparison to 12
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
i think it died after ff9 my self. ff10 was ok just not nearly what the past games were.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]12 really didn't do it for me. There wasn't enough of a sense of danger in the story and Vaan was more of a passenger of events rather than the Catalyst. No more random battles was a relief. FF13/ Versus will probably be my last game so it better be good.NuKkU

i like them to.
CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="NuKkU"]

[QUOTE="CTUDude"]I love 10, 12 blew hard. I even enjoyed X-2 more than 12 to be honest =/supa_badman

yea me too lol

really? ew. x-2 was garbage in comparison to 12

New Game + along with the different costumes. Multiple endings, finishes off the story to one of the better final fantasies. What's not to love?

I hated 12 because of it's olden European look and feel. Vaan is a sissy btw~

JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JustWiicredible
[QUOTE="NuKkU"]

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]12 really didn't do it for me. There wasn't enough of a sense of danger in the story and Vaan was more of a passenger of events rather than the Catalyst. No more random battles was a relief. FF13/ Versus will probably be my last game so it better be good.Wild_Card

i like them to.

i wish i never said anything now but the probs with random battles was that every once in a while usually when your near a the end of a long level and low on supplies some great mother of a enemy or a swarm of annoying mothers would appear and kill u. At least with the new system your aware of whats comming and you can plan your journey as you walk it.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NuKkU
[QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]12 really didn't do it for me. There wasn't enough of a sense of danger in the story and Vaan was more of a passenger of events rather than the Catalyst. No more random battles was a relief. FF13/ Versus will probably be my last game so it better be good.JustWiicredible

i like them to.

i wish i never said anything now but the probs with random battles was that every once in a while usually when your near a the end of a long level and low on supplies some great mother of a enemy or a swarm of annoying mothers would appear and kill u. At least with the new system your aware of whats comming and you can plan your journey as you walk it.

im always prepared lol but anyways u can always escape thats easy

JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JustWiicredible
[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

i like them to.

some enemies especially in the earlier game have first attack(attack from behind)and or are unnable to run away from.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NuKkU
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]12 really didn't do it for me. There wasn't enough of a sense of danger in the story and Vaan was more of a passenger of events rather than the Catalyst. No more random battles was a relief. FF13/ Versus will probably be my last game so it better be good.JustWiicredible

i like them to.

some enemies especially in the earlier game have first attack(attack from behind)and or are unnable to run away from.

if u level up properely that wont happen

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
I disagree. Final Fantasy X was great, but Final Fantasy X-2 battle system was much better than X. Final Fantasy XII battle system is better than all the previous Final Fantasys. Sur the story wasn't memorable, but the battle system more than made up for it. I can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII Versus.
nighthawk260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nighthawk260
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

You summed it up for me.

I always keep a little hope that the next one will be better but they let me down again again hopefully this time will be different.

Should I just abandon hope now and not even give XIII a chance?

codalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 codalloo
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts

[QUOTE="CTUDude"]I love 10, 12 blew hard. I even enjoyed X-2 more than 12 to be honest =/NuKkU

yea me too lol

Same here, I really didn't enjoy XII, I'm hoping FFXIII will be better since they've upgraded the battle system, but X was my favourite Final Fantasy game to date.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NuKkU
[QUOTE="NuKkU"]

[QUOTE="CTUDude"]I love 10, 12 blew hard. I even enjoyed X-2 more than 12 to be honest =/codalloo

yea me too lol

Same here, I really didn't enjoy XII, I'm hoping FFXIII will be better since they've upgraded the battle system, but X was my favourite Final Fantasy game to date.

X was my 2nd favorite VII will always be my favorite its basically what got me so big in gaming

JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JustWiicredible
[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

i like them to.

Don't get me started on the overleveling debate!!! i've spent months of my life sitting on enemy spawn points just so i can get to the next area then dump on the boss from a great hight. i don't think thats what the devs had in mind.
coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts
ff i like. 7-10, 3 and 12 on the ds.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NuKkU
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="JustWiicredible"][QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

i like them to.

Don't get me started on the overleveling debate!!! i've spent months of my life sitting on enemy spawn points just so i can get to the next area then dump on the boss from a great hight. i don't think thats what the devs had in mind.

u dont really have to level up that much in final fantasies i mean some final fantasies u dont even have to level up once if u good i think wild arms is the only RPG where u have to level up alot

codalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 codalloo
[QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

yea me too lol

X was my 2nd favorite VII will always be my favorite its basically what got me so big in gaming

I really enjoyed VII as well, i just really liked Wakka and Tidus:P but I have to admit Cloud and Sephiroth are the coolest characters.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NuKkU
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

[QUOTE="CTUDude"]I love 10, 12 blew hard. I even enjoyed X-2 more than 12 to be honest =/codalloo

yea me too lol

I really enjoyed VII as well, i just really liked Wakka and Tidus:P but I have to admit Cloud and Sephiroth are the coolest characters.

hey theres another person who likes wakka i think me and u are the only people that like wakka lol

codalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 codalloo
[QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

yea me too lol

hey theres another person who likes wakka i think me and u are the only people that like wakka lol

WHAT?! Who wouldn't like Wakka, he uses a blitzball as a weapon, that's awesome!
Lucid_JS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lucid_JS
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

IMO FFX was no where nearely as good as FF7.

I thought FF12 battle system was intresting.. Set the gambits right and auto lvling.

eh, as long as 13 can bring back amazing stories then I would be happy.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NuKkU
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

yea me too lol

WHAT?! Who wouldn't like Wakka, he uses a blitzball as a weapon, that's awesome!

trust me theres alot of people that hate on wakka

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts
the first FF i played was FFXII...
codalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 codalloo
[QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

yea me too lol

Well, they're all dorks, Wakka FTW. At least we like Wakka, I like the way you think.
Spindoc_SEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spindoc_SEI
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts
Wakka is the best damage dealer, whether he's leveled to his path, the whole grid, or maxed stats.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NuKkU
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

yea me too lol

Well, they're all dorks, Wakka FTW. At least we like Wakka, I like the way you think.

lol

javelin121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 javelin121
Member since 2008 • 477 Posts

The only good final fantasy's after 7 to me were war of the lions, and crisis core.

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts

Yeah, the game quality and characters have lowered a lot. I mean come on, where have u seen a FF protagonist pose like this:

Vaan

Lol...

mutill

yeah vaan pretty much made me quit playing FFXII, don't forget his super awesome english accent that HURTS your ears.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#45 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Have you played it? I haven't.
Strife037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Strife037
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="codalloo"][QUOTE="NuKkU"]

yea me too lol

i hated wakka... he was good for the story, but fighting with a blitz ball and stuff was just stupid... eh to each his own....

supernintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 supernintendo
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts

[QUOTE="sephm"]And now the main charcter for Final Fantasy 13 is a girl????!!. Im not being a sexicst or anything but...... A GIRL.... ohh great ur making now some new **** its not creative its PLAIN STUPID.tabben

A girl?... Its Madness!

Madness? THIS IS SQUARE SOFT!
UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts

Vaan

Lol...

mutill

Lol i just felt dirty and uncomfortable by looking at that picture.

hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#49 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
the 12th installment i think was awsome. They obviously had to implement a new battle system when so many rpgs were moving on from the traditional. 7, 8, and 10's story were really dramatic and personal, i guess thats why u guys liked it where as 9's wasnt very good, and 12 was complicated and had alot of characters to get personal. But i enjoyed 12, excellent game.
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
It died after 7, 9 was a glimmer of hope but it wasn't great.