Which should be my first PS4 game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Which should be my first PS4 game? (33 votes)

Killzone: Shadow Fall 39%
Battlefield 4 21%
Call of Duty: Ghost 6%
other (specify) 27%

I need a little help deciding which game to make my first PS4 purchase when I pick up my system next week. I have 3 top choices for which games i'm interested in until the next exclusives launch later.

So based on you guys opinions and experience in all 3 games listed, which do you recommend I pick up first?

• 
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Even though I'm a COD fan I would say you can't go wrong with either BF4 or KZ:Shadow Fall. There has been some noticeable changes to COD, but at the core it's the same game I've been playing since 2007.

It's still a great game but it's something that you can wait to get once it hits the bargain-ben.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

I would go with BF4 for online play. COD is great and the maps are much larger than previous games but it still plays and feels the same as always. BF4 when it works well is pretty awesome. I haven't tried the story yet. The china rising maps are pretty cool. Killzone looks great, I played the first hour or so and was very happy with everything I had seen. I will definitely go back to it. I played the Multiplayer for only a little bit but what i saw was very interesting but not quite the scale of BF4. I think you'll be happy with all of them but for me BF4 has spent the most time in my drive.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Battlefield 4

I couldn't choose so I got both.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

None of those, if those were my only choices.

There's nothing really worth spending your $60 on just yet. Best I would suggest is joing PS Plus (if you haven't already) and download the few free games on there right now.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Whatever you want... but since you want opinions, I'd personally play an exclusive first, just because. I plan on having Infamous: Second Son being my first PS4 game. Of those games you listed, I only plan on playing Killzone. But I'm not hugely into online FPS anymore, so you might be better off with Cod of BF, depending on the type of experience you prefer.

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rockinpapa
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

In my opinion FPS games aren't the ones you would want to grab first for your console, and I would grab AC4, but if you really want a good FPS then BF4. Good luck!

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

It really depends on what genre you enjoy and how you want to play it. If you want online multi-player play and enjoy FPS then the best option is BF4. This will keep you entertained and ensure you get your monies worth if you enjoy this type of thing.

For predominant offline play then if you enjoy sports games FIFA 14 or NBA 2k14 are excellent entries and will keep you going, or if you want something with more exploring and open world try AC4.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

I would hold off until Infamous Second Son, but if you're really intent on one of those 3 I'd reccommend Killzone. While the single player isnt anything special the use of abilities and perks in the multiplayer can make for a lot of fun! Out of all the three fps mp shooters out at launch I personally had the most with Killzone's.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

tomb raider or thief

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Assassin's Creed IV mate

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Assassin Creed 4 Black Flag first. The water and effects is awesome on the PS4, and it's a beautiful large open world with plenty of things to do. Then recommend Thief. I picked up both BF4 and COD Ghosts, pretty disappointed in them both. They don't feel really next gen to me. They are fun (when BF4 works 10% of the time), but they won't WOW you.

danirobin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danirobin7
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Bought Battlefield 4 just to test out the new system power. Regret I did. I should have bought Killzone: Shadow Fall instead

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Definitely go for Assassin's Creed first a brilliant game. Then killzone.

metaldeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 metaldeth
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I hope to pick mine up next week as well. KZ: Shadow Fall will be the one I pick up with it.

Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

Killzone's certainly my most played PS4 game.

Eisen_Howl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eisen_Howl
Member since 2014 • 83 Posts

If you're looking for "DAT NEXT GEN" feel, go for Killzone: Shadowfall.

Mind you, if you are an avid PC gamer with an awesome PC rig, you're probably won't be blown away. But if you've been mainly a console gamer, the game will blow you away and would most likely have your jaw drop from the moment you boot up the game.

My jaw was dropped throughout most of my play through - with the exception of certain levels.

But don't expect a stellar game all throughout the campaign, it'll be a hit on a lot of parts; and a miss on some minor parts.

And in all honesty, a LOT of the complaints of the game - such as not enough directions on what to do - is really an awful complaint. I enjoyed the fact that they DIDN'T let me know what i had to do all the time, it let me explore the carefully crafted world the designers created; and the world is quite bloody beautiful.

....with exception to certain levels. I just can't stress that enough.

Please, private message me when you understand what levels im referring to, i'd love to chit chat about how rushed those few levels felt like.

But this is DEFINITELY a game you WANT to show off to your friends and be proud to see their jaws drop.

Just my two-cents.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ac4 and resogun were my favorite games on the ps4

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Battlefield 4

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I would say either Killzone Shadowfall or Tomb Raider. Perhaps Tomb Raider preferably.