When gaming gets real. Sad day folks in gaming..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100344-Boy-in-Chile-Kills-Brother-for-Turning-On-PlayStation

I just don't ....

True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
Obviously this goes further than the turning on of a simple console...when you willing to murder your own brother over it, just a terrible thing to do
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah its not about a console, its about something else.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
Wow. I get mad at my toddler for setting his juice cup on top of the darn thing but that's about it. My brother is welcome to come over and turn it on all he wants. Heck, you guys can all come and turn it on for me. We'll all take turns.... This is just ridiculous. The guys obviously had serious issues before he even had a Playstation. All it takes is that one small action to finally make a crazy person snap. Sadly people automatically blame the console they own, the game they were playing, the CD they were listening to, or the cartoon they watched the most instead of getting to the real root of the problem.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

a few years back a man beat his son to death when the kid switched off his Xbox360 while he's playing. i'm sure some of you remember that case...

i'm not saying gaming will induce violence. but i do believe there's a connection and some - many - gamers are taking their hobby way too seriously.

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

Well that wasn't very... knife

Avatar image for Visible_ninja69
Visible_ninja69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Visible_ninja69
Member since 2008 • 1214 Posts

God that sucks. Its so sad hearing kids die the most unreasonable death ever

CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CDuG
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

There was a link on that same page that said something about a Chinese study saying that 80% of prisoners are gamers. But I'd say that's a convenient stat considering probably 80% of people are gamers. Blaming games and consoles for crap is ridiculous. People who are going to snap are going to do it regardless. Why do the rest of us have to be pigeonholed because of it? What was the excuse in the dark ages when we were drowning and burning people left and right? We have a violent and disturbing history that's been here well before video games. The only thing that's changed is we're held mroe accountable since we're globally connected. If anything that's making us less violent. Would we all line up to burn people alive with different religious beliefs if we knew we'd all be on CNN and youtube afterwards? Not likely.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
you know, this is definitely NOT the right conclusion that i should draw from this article, but I'm so effing glad i don't have any siblings :lol: but on a serious note... this is truly a heinous act... obviously, the "intent" behind this crime goes much deeper than something as insignificant as a mere game console (I hope), but regardless of what the underlying reason was, for a game console to be the trigger for something like this is pathetic and extremely sad (but not so unusual, if you think about it).
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Game over I guess lol.GrandJury
I laughed at your quote. I guess I'm a horrible person. :(
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

It only does homicide.

(Too much?)

Floppy_Jim

jesus, at least let them bury the kid before making such jokes :lol:

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Even as a minor.. he only gets 5 years?
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Haha ive been here. Im 26 and my brother is 25. He pissed me off one time when i told him i felt the PS3 was getting to hot and would like it to cool down. Well i step out the room and soon as i come back hes turned on the PS# completely disrespecting my wishes in my own house. I got a little mad yea, but i didn't stab him. I turned it off and told him like a child i said NO! Of course this started an argument and some words did fly :)

I couldn't imagine losing control over anything to get to that point, but thats human nature. We get blinded by rage to the point were rational thought is gone for that moment.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Game over I guess lol.ExoticAnimal
I laughed at your quote. I guess I'm a horrible person. :(

yes you are. but not just because of that :P
Death-X-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Death-X-
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
Too bad.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Haha!! Owned!

Where is my heart :(

MrJono789
BATMAN!
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Very sad indeed.

A few of the comments that some users in this thread made are also sad.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Wha a sad story that is, there is no way I would murder my own flesh and blood over anything.

deezoTHEgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deezoTHEgreat
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

Wow thats crazy. Me and four brothers live together and we share a PS3 and we never had any problems even remotely close to this.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

There was a link on that same page that said something about a Chinese study saying that 80% of prisoners are gamers. But I'd say that's a convenient stat considering probably 80% of people are gamers. Blaming games and consoles for crap is ridiculous. People who are going to snap are going to do it regardless. Why do the rest of us have to be pigeonholed because of it? What was the excuse in the dark ages when we were drowning and burning people left and right? We have a violent and disturbing history that's been here well before video games. The only thing that's changed is we're held mroe accountable since we're globally connected. If anything that's making us less violent. Would we all line up to burn people alive with different religious beliefs if we knew we'd all be on CNN and youtube afterwards? Not likely.

CDuG

Either it was satan or god that told them to do it :lol:

Video games are the easiest thing to point at because it's misunderstood and demonized. Just as how Rock n' Roll used to be.

People snap/kill regardless. It's the finger pointers constantly voiding resposibility that are the real problem here. People get away with too much and people are far too lazy and incompetent to solve the actual issue at hand.

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

even though i get mad when somebody touch my ps3 i would never take it this far.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Not fair really.

The bastard used Commando. How the HELLdo you beat Commando?

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Not fair really.

supa_badman

Yeah, and he probably stabbed him from the kitchen too, the freaking noob.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

Not fair really.

supa_badman
:lol: I bet he had marathon and lightweight too.
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts
Yeah its not about a console, its about something else. Sepewrath
Obviously, the kid must have had some mental illness of some sort, I dont think it was all about the console.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Yet another wasted life and potential...

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Kinda reminds me of that kid that was totally invested in WoW or MW2 or something online, and when his parents told him that he had to turn it off because he needed to do homework (grades were slipping and such) he ran away and died from hypothermia. This was like a year ago in a Canadian winter, the 'tard. But anyways, some people do take their gaming to such an extreme. I game, and I game a lot, but I don't get stupid over it.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Kinda reminds me of that kid that was totally invested in WoW or MW2 or something online, and when his parents told him that he had to turn it off because he needed to do homework (grades were slipping and such) he ran away and died from hypothermia. This was like a year ago in a Canadian winter, the 'tard. But anyways, some people do take their gaming to such an extreme. I game, and I game a lot, but I don't get stupid over it.

Khadaj32
I get stupid hyphy over gaming.
CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CDuG

Khadaj32

Yeah. You know what though? He actually was mentally handicapped. And he was like 11.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

Well the one who got killed was obviously trying to play Rogue Warrior and the other brother just was looking out for the one who was trying something stupid.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#35 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Which is why mental people shouldn't play games in the first place...

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#36 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Well the one who got killed was obviously trying to play Rogue Warrior and the other brother just was looking out for the one who was trying something stupid.

Megaman5364

I think it went a bit further than "just looking out for" him :P

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

CDuG
yes because the chinese goverment never dabbles in propaganda and flat out lies "rolls eyes"
Avatar image for nicolasprieur95
nicolasprieur95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nicolasprieur95
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts
what a retard
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

a few years back a man beat his son to death when the kid switched off his Xbox360 while he's playing. i'm sure some of you remember that case...

i'm not saying gaming will induce violence. but i do believe there's a connection and some - many - gamers are taking their hobby way too seriously.

Yeah people need to calm things down ae. I mean that case was not the consoles fault, it was the people, addicted to it. Thats the only thing i can see here. And the fact that he stabbed his brother, that just shows that the guy is messed up. Ofcourse the media will love this story as its a way to put down console gaming and say its the problem when actually it really isnt. Its the peoples, not the consoles problem. They need to take a step back and have a look at their lives if they even think about doing a thing like that.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

CDuG

Yeah. You know what though? He actually was mentally handicapped. And he was like 11.

No he wasn't, he was a fully healthy 15 year old :? I would get you an article, but I forget the kid's name.
EarnMyRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EarnMyRespect
Member since 2009 • 306 Posts

That is just sad to be honest..

Cant really say much. I mean, I've heard of these stories before and its all the same reaction - wtf.

CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CDuG

[QUOTE="CDuG"]

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

supa_badman

No he wasn't, he was a fully healthy 15 year old :? I would get you an article, but I forget the kid's name.

Are you sure? I swear the kid was younger than that and he had a mental problem. I'm gonna have to look for this later too. If I'm wrong then my bad but I was pretty sure that was the case.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

I keeps it real. Brother was a noob sniper anyways.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I love how the article's last sentence is "Why blame the PS3" when no blame actually occured throughout the article. The article itself seemed as if it was written by a child.