whats with all the hate for call of duty world at war

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snakewiseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Snakewiseman
Member since 2009 • 1287 Posts

Why does everyone give call of duty world at war such a hard time the gameplay is better online than cod 4 mod warfare

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
false
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
falsemrmusicman247
QFT...
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I don't play it online, but I know this much: When you go from a game with awesome weapons and a faster pace to one with crappier weapons and a more sluggish pace its hard to willingly move forward. I was really disappointed with WaW. I loved the weapons and constant action in COD4. The weapons in WaW fire slow and aren't very powerful. And it kind of lags in places as far as action goes. Plus, COD4 was such a great game its kinda hard to show something like that up. Especially with another stupid WWII drama. I did like the sniper scenes, though. ;)
Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Modern is generally more fun to people.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Because everybody is sick and tired of WW2

The market is over saturated with WW2 shooters

mdmilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 mdmilius
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

Like others, I am just tired of the WWII games. That, and I think that COD4 is simply a superior product in every way (gameplay, story, multiplayer, etc).

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

World War II is as dead as communism in the eyes of Treyarch. :roll:

I want somene to see what I did there.

Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Yannakos
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

COD alone has about 4 WW 1 + 2 games, it is really starting to become "been there done that".

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

Why does everyone give call of duty world at war such a hard time the gameplay is better online than cod 4 mod warfare

Snakewiseman

I actually agree that W@W is better. I need more plot than bad guys wanting to do bad things and they need to be stopped. WWII itself is a better story and gives me a better feeling of fighting in a war with a squad. Online they took what MW had and added to it. Although everyone is right when they say "WWII has been done...a lot...like lot lot lot." everytime its done, it has a better story/plot than the MW approach and it has more than one point of view. MW's plot?: "omg terrorists doing evil for the sake of being evil!". I just can't get into that.

Too many of the guns on MW feel the same to me and 3 bullets from any gun do the same thing. W@W doesn't have a single "i win" gun, unlike MW's M16, M4 etc. You don't even need a sniper rifle unless you are so far away you can't be seen, just toss on a red dot with ANY gun and fire off 2-3 bullets at a time and it does the job. The fact that guns reload slower, fire rate is much more different and they don't do as much damage, gives it more strategy. For example, grab an AK or G3 point it at any range fire and its going to hit perfectly where the aim is, if you miss its ok because it takes less than a split second to reload. W@W you can't just pick up a rifle and fire 3 shots from down town, you will probably miss since the aim won't be dead on, and if you have to reload and you are in a hot area, its probably going to cost you your life.

Honestly I think people like MW because its easier to kill people. Maps are dull, buildings (and everything for that matter) are very square and it doesn't have that "war" feel to me. It looks like you are in someones backyard or ghost town, but warzone...not by a long shot. W@W maps looks like the $***'s been hitting the fan for a while.

Lt_Raven82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lt_Raven82
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Game play is much more solid on cod4 and also dont know bout anyone else but im STILL sick of WWII games...

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"][QUOTE="Snakewiseman"]

I actually agree that W@W is better. I need more plot than bad guys wanting to do bad things and they need to be stopped. WWII itself is a better story and gives me a better feeling of fighting in a war with a squad. Online they took what MW had and added to it. Although everyone is right when they say "WWII has been done...a lot...like lot lot lot." everytime its done, it has a better story/plot than the MW approach and it has more than one point of view. MW's plot?: "omg terrorists doing evil for the sake of being evil!". I just can't get into that. Too many of the guns on MW feel the same to me and 3 bullets from any gun do the same thing. W@W doesn't have a single "i win" gun, unlike MW's M16, M4 etc. You don't even need a sniper rifle unless you are so far away you can't be seen, just toss on a red dot with ANY gun and fire off 2-3 bullets at a time and it does the job. Single player in MW is so short (but still good) that its impossible to become attached to any of the action. By the time you know whats going on, the mission is over. I like the fact that weps fire differently and handle differently in W@W. No, they don't do as much damage but at least thats dependant on your range, unlike MW. The fact that guns reload slower, fire rate is much more different and they don't do as much damage, gives it more strategy. For example, grab an AK or G3 point it at any range fire and its going to hit perfectly where the aim is, if you miss its ok because it takes less than a split second to reload. W@W you can't just pick up a rifle and fire 3 shots from down town, you will probably miss since the aim won't be dead on, and if you have to reload and you are in a hot area, its probably going to cost you your life. Honestly I think people like MW because its easier to kill people. Maps are dull, buildings (and everything for that matter) are very square and it doesn't have that "war" feel to me. It looks like you are in someones backyard or ghost town, but warzone...not by a long shot. W@W maps looks like the $***'s been hitting the fan for a while. MW looks like an old Walmart thats been closed down, or a ghetto thats been evicted. Maybe thats the look that they were shooting for since its "Modern". One thing that I think they really should add to their games from now on are destructive environments. They shoot for that "realistic" feel, but a pineapple at a wall should kinda put a dent in the thing, since bullets can travel through it and all.

Man...... I didn't read any of that, but I sure hope you got your point across. lol
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
yeah I've got a thing for over-ranting. I'll see if i can't sum it up.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nephilim83
yeah I've got a thing for over-ranting. I'll see if i can't sum it up.Ninja_Zombie83
lol, its cool. Its nice to see somebody with a little passion from time to time! W@W rants FTW!!
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

COD4 plays better than W@W. But they are almost the same game, only the modern weapons seem to have a smaller spread. Which to me make the game funner, and seems to play better.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
cod 4 lasted me like forever cod5 lasted like maybe a month :?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
So Infinity Ward takes CoD to a new direction with huge success. Then Treyarch make us realize just how tired and bored we were with World War 2. I don't care that it's taking place from the Japan side of things... yea, it's a different set of stories, but so what? It's still WW2, and at least this gamer (and I'm sure more among you) are sick and tired of it already. Seriously, we get it... america kicked copious amounts of ass and we beat a legitimate villain back then. But it's time to move on from that already. :|
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts
Both get equal amounts of love from me.
kezlehan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kezlehan
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
I preferred COD4 just because it was something different. Obviously it's the same shooting and killing everyone and what not, but different environments and different time period makes it a break of fresh air. COD W@W was back to the same WW2 time and setting. Boring. Sure the online is great fun, but it just feels to much of the same for me.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

People got tired of WWII shooters.

aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

I don't think people hate WAW. it's just that Modern warfare is more fun.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I don't dislike World at War, but COD 4 is a lot better IMO. It hosts better graphics, gameplay and the multiplayer is much better.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

mw was the best online shooter during its prime..

treyarch makes bad games.. w@w was a complete copy of mw only put in a ww2 setting..

the spamming of nades during single player annoyed people beyond belief.. online was par at best.. zombie mode was boring to a lot, and fun to others..

overall it just wasn't a good game..

people tend to overlook the important things that make a game good or not, when it has coop or when they enjoy some bonus feature that was put into it..

fritter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fritter7
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts

samuraiguns
O I C WHUT U DID THAR. And I agree with what you did there :D Hopefully Treyarch will stick with the rumors and make something about Vietnam / Cold war. So then they'll be doing communism INSTEAD of WWII (yeah I know that was communism too :P)
Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
WaW Have betty, i like betty more than claymore. Plus MW is strange... how can i snipe someone with the RPD by doing 1 shot at a time feel strange (with the iron sight + handle)
Nodashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Nodashi
Member since 2003 • 1124 Posts

The weapons feel better.

That and I like new games for a full game price, not a mod for other game I already have. WaW is not different enought to be a new game, they milked their cow too much.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
I liked the online for WAW because i felt it was more tactical due to slow weapons.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="fritter7"][QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

O I C WHUT U DID THAR. And I agree with what you did there :D Hopefully Treyarch will stick with the rumors and make something about Vietnam / Cold war. So then they'll be doing communism INSTEAD of WWII (yeah I know that was communism too :P)

How could you make a hectic, action-packed FPS about the Cold War? Spies and informants didn't really get to play with heavy calilbur machine guns. They had to be descrete (so no big explosions), and they were almost always alone. Cold War = fail. IMO (lets leave the cold war to Big Boss) ;)
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts

^ The Korean War and Vietnam fit under the Cold War Era.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#31 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="fritter7"][QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

How could you make a hectic, action-packed FPS about the Cold War? Spies and informants didn't really get to play with heavy calilbur machine guns. They had to be descrete (so no big explosions), and they were almost always alone. Cold War = fail. IMO (lets leave the cold war to Big Boss) ;)

Somebody's never heard of the (good) Splinter Cell games, apparently.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Snakewiseman
This has most likely been said before. But I will say it again. The whole World War 2 thing is so played out. (Thats one of the main reasons why CoD4 was so much more popular. Because it wasn't WWII) WAW plays some what like Modern Warfare. That and the fact that infinaty ward developed modern warfare so well. And all lot of people including myself think treyarch is not as good of a developer.
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

its just that thing in the back of your head that you know that tryarch is milking a franchise and putting out a game that doesn't live up to the franchise, still a decent game but its not call of duty 4.

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts
I don't hate it; I don't even own it. This thread has made me think that I'll be careful when buying a WW Shooter. I'd like to see a Civil War game with a "Short Campaign Mode"; where you choose which side uses Muskets, and which side gets M16s
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
Both get equal amounts of love from me. yellerbelly
QFT.