whats up wtih 1 gold trophy games

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lgb1978
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

i cant stand games that only give u one gold trophy i cant stand bronze trophies and i don't even try to platinum games that have 50 bronze and 1 gold i was planing to get infamous but just found out it only has one gold what bs i guess i will end up with prototype and not infamous unless prototype does the same thing and give u only 1 gold trophy

they should at least set a standard as to how many trophies a game can have i see some game with 60+ others with 20total trophies and its the crapy games that give you more than 5 gold trophies like wwe wrestlemania legends 7 gold and good or great games like resident evil 5 or fallout 3 that only give you 1 or 2 trophies

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
do trophies really matter that much? :|
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Maybe the "crap Games" have more gold trophies to sell more to those guys that actually care about them while good Games can be sold without? xD Well, anyway, I don't see any fairness in the whole trophy system at all. I got all gold trophies in the genesis collection faster than my first bronze in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 xD

lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lgb1978

do trophies really matter that much? :|Doolz2024

icant stand games with tons of bronze and little silver or gold

i dont like going for bronze i just want gold so i dont play games with 60 bronze 4 silver and 1 gold

i wanted to play bioshock but didn't just cause it has 60 bronze and 2 gold

but i know they dont mean much and am just being dumb about it so go easy on me if your going to bash me for my opinion

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]do trophies really matter that much? :|lgb1978

i dont like going for bronze i just want gold so i dont play games with 60 bronze 4 silver and 1 gold

but i know they dont mean much and am just being dumb about it so go easy on me if your going to bash me for my opinion

i didn't bash your opinion. I simply asked a question. :|
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

lgb1978

You don't play good games just because you don't inform yourself enough? Bioshock has 3 gold. Or aren't 3 gold enough? How much gold does a Game need to be buy-worthy?

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
There's a set value for retail games. As long as the total value adds up to that value it doesn't matter how many of which trophies there are.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

i cant stand games that only give u one gold trophy i cant stand bronze trophies and i don't even try to platinum games that have 50 bronze and 1 gold i was planing to get infamous but just found out it only has one gold what bs i guess i will end up with prototype and not infamous unless prototype does the same thing and give u only 1 gold trophy

they should at least set a standard as to how many trophies a game can have i see some game with 60+ others with 20total trophies and its the crapy games that give you more than 5 gold trophies like wwe wrestlemania legends 7 gold and good or great games like resident evil 5 or fallout 3 that only give you 1 or 2 trophies

lgb1978

I could be wrong, but I think you answered your own question. I get the feeling that each game gets a certain number of point, similar to acheivement points, and developers can distribute those points however they want. In the case of the PS3, those points are interpreted as trophies. So a Bronze trophy may be worth a certain range of points, the silver a higher range, and gold the highest range. So a game may have a TON of trophies, but 97% of them will be bronze, and relatively easy to get. Or the game may have fewer trophies and instead offer more silver and gold trophies.

Again, I could be wrong, but I am pretty certain that getting a platinum, regardless of the game you get it on, will raise your Trophy level the same amount. Just like how every 360 game gets the same number of points.

lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lgb1978

[QUOTE="lgb1978"]

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]do trophies really matter that much? :|Doolz2024

i didn't bash your opinion. I simply asked a question. :|

sorry bro i know you were not bashing me i just stated that thinking others were going to start bashing me for being a gold trophy whore lol

lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lgb1978

[QUOTE="lgb1978"]

ArchoNils2

You don't play good games just because you don't inform yourself enough? Bioshock has 3 gold. Or aren't 3 gold enough? How much gold does a Game need to be buy-worthy?

your right bioshock has 3 gold the thing i don't like is to many bronze trophies

and i know that trophies should notbe the reason you buy or not buy a game its just me

killzone2 has lots of bronze not like bioshock but i still bought itand love thegame have no regrets

Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
Uh platinum is better lol. Not playing games for the distribution of Bronze, Silver, and Gold trophies is pretty ridiculous. But then again you probably save a lot of money :P
vg_plr77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vg_plr77
Member since 2009 • 114 Posts

what doolz said. Trophies are just for fun, but the gaming experience is what counts. do yourself a favor and purchase your games without worries of trophies and you will get to enjoy all that there is to be had in gaming:D

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
meh, doesn't bother me.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

i dont think people should buy games for the sake of trophies...:?

Avatar image for railroberto2007
railroberto2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 railroberto2007
Member since 2007 • 1405 Posts

There's a set value for retail games. As long as the total value adds up to that value it doesn't matter how many of which trophies there are.emitsu97

hmmmm well legends of wrestlmania has 1 plat and 7 gold

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Wahhh...:cry: With that mentality your going to miss alot of great games. So lets just strip away all the bronze and silver ones and only have gold trophies. You should go play Hanna Montana's game I hear you can get a platinum in 5 hours.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
How about get over the meaningless little icons and actually play your games for fun, (ie, what games where intended to be played for)
KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

It is such a shame that you are going to miss out on so many quality games because they have lots of "bronze" trophies.

Not going to play bioshock because it only has 2 gold and 60 bronze? Ok bud! You are going to be missing out on one of the best FPS ever .... for perhaps the dumbest reason ever.

Next you wont buy inFamous because there is only 1 gold? LOL, I hope its one of the best games ever made so that you can miss out on it because it lacks gold trophies....lol

popdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 popdude
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts

well, the 4 hidden trophies are supposedly gold, so 5 aint so bad right?

oh, and if you really need more gold that badly then why dont you pick up Terminator Salvation,(all 12 trophies are gold)

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1128 Posts

All games have the same weight in trophy value (until additional content is added through DLC) so if they have more bronze and less gold there are more trophies overall that add to the same total. Better games tend to have more varied goals that implement the trophy system in more interesting ways; this results in tons of bronzes and less golds and such.

For a trophy whore, this is better, seriously. Because the weight of each game is the same, getting all the trophies in any game will always pump your level the same amount. However, since games with tons of bronzes have more trophies than games with tons of golds do, the actual number of trophies you have will be increased more. That is argueably the most compared number as far as e-peens go, raw trophy amount. So play good games with trophies and have fun getting them.

woofie13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 woofie13
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts
I totally agree, lack of trophies shouldn't undermine a game, trophies mattering that much is pathetic. they don't even do anything..
lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lgb1978

How about get over the meaningless little icons and actually play your games for fun, (ie, what games where intended to be played for)PoisoN_Facecam0

the funny thing is i started to go for trophies just to get more replay value so that i don't buy new games until i platinum what i have

right now all i play is kilzone 2 and resistance 2 just need competitive trophies on both

i have gta4 but don't play it just didn't like the game

i beat midnight club la story (not worth going after the only gold trophy)

street fighter 4 but let a friend borrow it for soul caliber 4 so didn't play it much

and the rest have no trophies (madden 09, nba2k9)

fifa 09 just added trophies but i suck at the game so i don't even play it anymore (going to trade it in)

TwinzwillPWNu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TwinzwillPWNu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

lgb1978

WOW how stupid are you...i didnt have a account for gamespot but reading this made me make one so i can reply to how stupid you are...why wouldnt u play a game just because it has 1 gold and 50 bronze trophys...if you want a gold trophy i suggest you do something better in real life then trying to get a virtual trpohy..... idiot -_-

Echo-Base

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Echo-Base
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

what does it matter if a game gives "x" ammount of bronze, silver, or gold trophies. You should buy the game to play the game. trophies and achievements are meant to help replay value and give people bragging rights. but if you were a normal person, you would be buying games because they look, whats the word? oh right, FUN.

Infamous, few gold trophies, looks freakin' fun. Fallout 3, i'm on my 2nd play through because it's A FUN GAME, but it takes a while to get trophies. but WHO CARES? Play the games to play the games, not just to brag about having trophies for bad games.

lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lgb1978

well, the 4 hidden trophies are supposedly gold, so 5 aint so bad right?

oh, and if you really need more gold that badly then why dont you pick up Terminator Salvation,(all 12 trophies are gold)

popdude

how did u find out about the hidden trophies

i do want terminator salvation but if the game ends up dropping the ball and be another movie game gone bad i wont play it

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

lgb1978
so did you buy MGS4?
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

[QUOTE="lgb1978"]

TwinzwillPWNu

WOW how stupid are you...i didnt have a account for gamespot but reading this made me make one so i can reply to how stupid you are...why wouldnt u play a game just because it has 1 gold and 50 bronze trophys...if you want a gold trophy i suggest you do something better in real life then trying to get a virtual trpohy..... idiot -_-

lol congratz on creating an account :P
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

i play games for the games, not the trophies. if a digital pat on the back is all you want, then maybe you should'nt be gaming..

seriously ":cry: they dont haves enough gold troffeees"

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Skipping out of great games because of trophies is ludicrous. Did you start gaming on the PS3 or what? People never needed some lame reward system to make a game worth playing before, so I don't understand why it should make so big of a difference now.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Do trophys really matter that much to you.... I find that pathetic. It does not make the game better or worse.

lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lgb1978

[TwinzwillPWNu

if you just made your account why does it say u started back in oct of 2008

i love how your going to call someone stupidor idiot just cause they have an opiion trophy or no trophy if i miss out on a good game just cause i dont like the trophies that'smy loss not yours there is no need to talk down to someonejust because of their opinion about trophies in games plus your not the one buying the games for me so if am going to spend my hard earned money i get to choose what i like and dont like i understand trophies dont mean anything and that's not what makes a game good or bad but each person has their own reasons to buy or not to buy a game

i dont always let trophies stop me from buying something i like i have madden 09 nba2k9 still play them and does games will never get trophies

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]How about get over the meaningless little icons and actually play your games for fun, (ie, what games where intended to be played for)lgb1978

the funny thing is i started to go for trophies just to get more replay value so that i don't buy new games until i platinum what i have

right now all i play is kilzone 2 and resistance 2 just need competitive trophies on both

street fighter 4 but let a friend borrow it for soul caliber 4 so didn't play it much

fifa 09 just added trophies but i suck at the game so i don't even play it anymore (going to trade it in)

so not only are you a "trophy whore" but you're a lazy trophy whore.. thats just great :roll: just play the games for fun, don't just buy or play games based on the trophies.. they're meaningless little icons that ruin gaming..
lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lgb1978

one game that i have plans to geteven if it has zero gold trophies is fight night round 4

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

It is kind of annoying, but I don't let it dictate which games I do/do no get. Re5 only having 1 gold was a little ridiculous, especially considering small PSN games like Astro Tripper and Manchi Isshu (whatever that japanese games is called) have 2 golds. I think disc games should have at least 3 Gold's. bronze trophies are usually simple and boring to get. Gold's at least give a little feeling of accomplishment.

Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

Platinum is more important to me than gold..and since all retail games have it i don't care if it has a ton of bronze. Whats annoying is when ppl rub it in your face that they have more trophies than u but they have less platinum..

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="lgb1978"]

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]How about get over the meaningless little icons and actually play your games for fun, (ie, what games where intended to be played for)PoisoN_Facecam0

so not only are you a "trophy whore" but you're a lazy trophy whore.. thats just great :roll: just play the games for fun, don't just buy or play games based on the trophies.. they're meaningless little icons that ruin gaming..

I wouldn't classify him as a trophy whore, simply going for platinums doesn't make someone a trophy whore. Some people like getting everything done. Like he said, it's giving him a lot more replay value before he goes and spends $60 on another game. Nothing wrong with that. Plus, he's only doing for the game that he actually likes, so it's not like he's playing just for the trophies

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

lgb1978

omg who cares about how many gold trophies it gives u its all about the gameplay trophies just extend the replayability

tri4ce5dude5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tri4ce5dude5
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

Dude get over it trophys dont make the games the coolness and action do.... and anyways the reason of little gold is because they make hard challengges but not the most... they make alot of bronze because there are many easy things to do... and plantinum is the ultimate challenge
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
This is what I am talking about.When people take trophies way to far.
lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lgb1978

It is kind of annoying, but I don't let it dictate which games I do/do no get. Re5 only having 1 gold was a little ridiculous, especially considering small PSN games like Astro Tripper and Manchi Isshu (whatever that japanese games is called) have 2 golds. I think disc games should have at least 3 Gold's. bronze trophies are usually simple and boring to get. Gold's at least give a little feeling of accomplishment.

BPoole96

that is why i want more gold trophies (am not saying the should give them away like in wwe wrestlemania legends) but when a dlc game has more gold than a game like resident evil its sad

me using bioshock as an example of not wanting to play it due to trophies well i played the game for xbox360 didn't like it and i didn't care when it came out for the ps3 so the trophies was the only thing that would have gotten me to play that game i know its a great game and has a good story but was not into it when i played it for the xbox 360 but if i would have been into that game since the xbox360 then i would prob would have bought it for the 360 and not eventry the ps3 version

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i guess they do, till this day i dont understand why ppl dont get games if they dont support trophies or have only one gold or no gold trophies. i think ppl missin on alot of good games if they go towards a game like that, i only go after the trophies once i beat the game close 100%, on all modes or unlocked almost everythin and only thing that would make me go back to that game again is probably try to go for the trophies even though id play the game for its story or gameplay anyways
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#42 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Im amazed people buy games solely for what trophies they can get.. doesn't the games quality have anything to do with it? I own 11 PS3 games, only 2 of them have trophey support. Trophies are a bonus, your buying the game, not just the trophies.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Well each game has a set number of points that they can spend in trophies. So if you have like 7 trophies then they might all the gold but since there is like45-55 they have to distribute the trophies to each criteria that they want.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

...this is too convenient and too easy..

bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 bullschwitz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

You are actually going to depict which games you buy by the distribution of their trophys?

You sir, are an idiot.

agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts

i like trophies as much as the next guy but RE5 having only one gold trohpy didn't stop me from playing it:)

You should just try to enjoy the game and get throphis later

Either way your level will increase

bioshock has 3 gold trophies to let you know

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

This is all I can muster ..

Ha

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Uhhh yeah, I don't care because even though I am a trophy whore, I still play games for fun...gold trophies or no gold trophies.

vg_plr77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vg_plr77
Member since 2009 • 114 Posts

Ha

CanadianCR

that's hillarious:lol:

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

Ha

vg_plr77

that's hillarious:lol:

:lol: When I first saw it I laughed so hard .. it will come in handy ..