What will FFXIV have to improve on for you to want to play it....

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts
this is for those who tried FFXI and personally didn't like it for me though, the only thing i really want them to improve on is....MORE ENEMIES and NO LOSING EXP WHEN YOU DIE!!! seriously though, when you first start out the game there was nothing like rushing to the first bunny you see after like 10 minutes of waiting to find one only for someone else to cast a spell WAY the hell somewhere else and take your kill, GRR and why lose EXP when you die? that just made the game way more frustrating, one time i lost like 2 levels from one death, WTF?
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts

Two simple things:

1 - No monthly fee
2 - Ability to solo till you hit the level cap (mandatory groups for end dungeons and high end items okay)

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CDUB316

Two simple things:

1 - No monthly fee
2 - Ability to solo till you hit the level cap (mandatory groups for end dungeons and high end items okay)

Thetaguru
yea wouldn't know anything about the cap level, lmao and i doubt there would be no monthly fee
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thetaguru

There has been speculation that it might be free to play and their response of "the fee is TBD" could be still mean they're not 100% sure if there will be a fee or not. They might adopt a different policy which has become popular of the basic services are free but premium options cost an additional fee.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#5 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

If it some how retains the true Final Fantasy feel where the story is first, and insane amounts of grinding and depending on other inept players dissappears instead of being so prevalent in FFXI, I could see myself playing FF14, but otherwise I'm not going to touch it. Bioware screwed up KOTOR by making the newest an MMO.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Basically I only need 2 things

1. Use FFXII ADB system

2. no NM/HNM spawn is longer than 2 hours. I want most of them to be 10 minutes to 30 minutes. HNM can be 2 hours.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
solo play limit the grindfest
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#8 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]solo play limit the grindfest

Soloing as a beastmaster was still a huge pain in the @#$% in FFXI. Even worse than as a Necromancer or Druid in Everquest.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CDUB316

If it some how retains the true Final Fantasy feel where the story is first, and insane amounts of grinding and depending on other inept players dissappears instead of being so prevalent in FFXI, I could see myself playing FF14, but otherwise I'm not going to touch it. Bioware screwed up KOTOR by making the newest an MMO.

SemiMaster
i don't think so at all with star wars i really doubt it's gonna feel much different than a KOTOR game, just more people running around which makes the world feel more alive if you ask me...and it's fully voiced so we pretty much know they don't plan to take away from the story at all as for FF...i understand, FFXI didn't have much of a story, it may have idk...i just didn't get to it
Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts
[QUOTE="CDUB316"]this is for those who tried FFXI and personally didn't like it for me though, the only thing i really want them to improve on is....MORE ENEMIES and NO LOSING EXP WHEN YOU DIE!!! seriously though, when you first start out the game there was nothing like rushing to the first bunny you see after like 10 minutes of waiting to find one only for someone else to cast a spell WAY the hell somewhere else and take your kill, GRR and why lose EXP when you die? that just made the game way more frustrating, one time i lost like 2 levels from one death, WTF?

They definitely need to remove losing XP when you die. Leveling should be possible for solo play. Make it free like the rest of PSN (I wish). FFXI was cool, but it took hundreds of hours of gameplay to even be kind of far into the game...
marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
Solo play, easier grind, faster combat system (something similar to what we've seen in FFXIII would be perfect, definitely no losing exp as a death penalty, the ability to create more then one character without paying extra. I actually want the game to have a monthly fee, but let all ps3 users into the beta, and have a trial version available in then PSN store.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Two simple things:

1 - No monthly fee

Thetaguru

Pretty much this, although the first reason is the most important. I can deal with parties if there are no monthly fees.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CDUB316

[QUOTE="Thetaguru"]

Two simple things:

1 - No monthly fee

yokofox33

Pretty much this, although the first reason is the most important. I can deal with parties if there are no monthly fees.

yea, if it's free i'd play it no matter what you can only get so much done in one month...but it's it's free then you have all the time and don't have to feel rushed
marvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marvelfan
Member since 2003 • 1365 Posts

Pretty much just what most people are saying, make it not such a Grind fest. Took me like a year and a half of semi-casual playing to get to 60,with WoW got to lvl 60 in like 3 months. But FFXI was my first MMORPG, got it with the PS2 and played it for about 2 years, other then the Grinding and difficulty of finding a party to grind with, I think it was one of the best and most fun MMORPG iv ever played, but that might be just because it was my first. I barely play WoW any more, and if FFXIV turns out to be any good I will prob drop WoW for it.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CDUB316

Pretty much just what most people are saying, make it not such a Grind fest. Took me like a year and a half of semi-casual playing to get to 60,with WoW got to lvl 60 in like 3 months. But FFXI was my first MMORPG, got it with the PS2 and played it for about 2 years, other then the Grinding and difficulty of finding a party to grind with, I think it was one of the best and most fun MMORPG iv ever played, but that might be just because it was my first. I barely play WoW any more, and if FFXIV turns out to be any good I will prob drop WoW for it.

marvelfan
yea, WoW for me was a lot better than FFXI...but imma drop it for star wars the old republic and honestly, if FFXIV has fees...it's gonna have to do an awful lot for me to choose to pay for that monthly over star wars MMO
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
this is for those who tried FFXI and personally didn't like it for me though, the only thing i really want them to improve on is....MORE ENEMIES and NO LOSING EXP WHEN YOU DIE!!! seriously though, when you first start out the game there was nothing like rushing to the first bunny you see after like 10 minutes of waiting to find one only for someone else to cast a spell WAY the hell somewhere else and take your kill, GRR and why lose EXP when you die? that just made the game way more frustrating, one time i lost like 2 levels from one death, WTF?CDUB316
You've never lost 2 levels from one death. It's not possible, although I agree losing xp when dying was pretty stupid and often a huge waste of hours of your time.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

the only way i'll even consider it is if theres no monthly fee.

marvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marvelfan

That would be awsome if it was free, but thats just wishfull thinking. There is no way in hell it's going to be free, there is just to much money to be had for a mmorpg with the name brand of Final Fantasy.

marvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 marvelfan

I doubt that there will be no monthly fee, but it's still in the TBD, maybe they will go for a cheaper $9.99 fee instead of the standard $14.99. It may not be free but hey it's better then 15 bucks.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

i have never played an MMO before.. i wanted to try 11 but i didn't have my ps2 hooked up to internet.. No monthly fee would be the reason i would play 14.. there are just too many games i want to play on the ps3, if i have to pay monthly then i will want to get my money's worth and well.. there goes playing the rest of the games.. so i wouldn't get it if i can't use it casually meaning no fee..

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i poured tons of time into ffxi and loved it, so im very excited for ffxiv. but if i were to change one thing, it would be to give more incentives to be a healer. there tons of damage dealers, so that was no problem. there were multiple tank jobs and they could take part in skill chains as well. but healers...well they just healed and casted their buffs every once in while. plus there was only one job capable of being a main healer (atleast when i stopped playing anyway).

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

No monthly fee would be great but I SERIOUSLY doubt that it won't. Persistant servers cost money you know. ;)

Takeru916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Takeru916
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts
I don't get the no losing exp idea. I mean with any MMO nowadays ... if you die ... you lose some form of exp... it is there to teach you to learn to pick on something more your level XD and not be some Leeroy Jenkins (*shudders I can't believe I used that phrase*) I don't mind the more casual play though.... and since it will contain a giant breath of a story like FFXI... it'll be sure to have many beautiful cutscenes and probably lots of good soundtracks to go with it.
Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

I was interested until the "online" part appeared in the announcement. I'm not going back into paying monthly fees.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CDUB316
[QUOTE="Takeru916"]I don't get the no losing exp idea. I mean with any MMO nowadays ... if you die ... you lose some form of exp... it is there to teach you to learn to pick on something more your level XD and not be some Leeroy Jenkins (*shudders I can't believe I used that phrase*) I don't mind the more casual play though.... and since it will contain a giant breath of a story like FFXI... it'll be sure to have many beautiful cutscenes and probably lots of good soundtracks to go with it.

i'm pretty sure you don't lose any EXP in WoW...so yea and sometimes enemies get criticals on you and there is no dodging that part...even if you are strong enough to take on the enemy, it can still kill you...i don't know about you, but i don't wanna be deducted EXP because the enemy got a lucky shot in
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
If it has no monthly fee then I'll consider it, but everyone knows there will be a monthly fee so I'm not even gonna bother. Honestly, my interest dropped to 0 when "Online" appeared below the name.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CDUB316
If it has no monthly fee then I'll consider it, but everyone knows there will be a monthly fee so I'm not even gonna bother. Honestly, my interest dropped to 0 when "Online" appeared below the name.Flame_Blade88
yea i think everyone was shocked that they were announcing FFXIV....everyone probably had an open mouth the whole trailer...and then when online popped up, their mouths dropped even further lol i knew it was online though just by the way the characters looked
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

BEING ABLE TO SOLO, and just do big interesting things by yourself... in ffxi you couldnt go to alot of cool area's until you did rediculous quests... that suxs cause my fav thing about that game was just walkin around to nice places, and just lookin at all the cool scenery.. (this was after 5years of playing, needless to say i was lil bored at that point)

Takeru916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Takeru916
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts
[QUOTE="CDUB316"][QUOTE="Takeru916"]I don't get the no losing exp idea. I mean with any MMO nowadays ... if you die ... you lose some form of exp... it is there to teach you to learn to pick on something more your level XD and not be some Leeroy Jenkins (*shudders I can't believe I used that phrase*) I don't mind the more casual play though.... and since it will contain a giant breath of a story like FFXI... it'll be sure to have many beautiful cutscenes and probably lots of good soundtracks to go with it.

i'm pretty sure you don't lose any EXP in WoW...so yea and sometimes enemies get criticals on you and there is no dodging that part...even if you are strong enough to take on the enemy, it can still kill you...i don't know about you, but i don't wanna be deducted EXP because the enemy got a lucky shot in

It just isn't fun when there is no penalty though ... that is just how i feel. To me it is similar to committing a robbery but being allowed to run free XD.
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thetaguru

No monthly fee would be great but I SERIOUSLY doubt that it won't. Persistant servers cost money you know. ;)

smithster118

Well, MAG is completely online with no monthly fee so why can't Square do it? Hell, I'll even pay more for expansion packs as long as there wasn't a monthly fee.

spectreghost02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spectreghost02
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
well if there were a small monthly fee the servers would be more reliable and they would last longer its not that bad, but they should make the zones a tad smaller
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

make it skill based?

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

i loved ffxi but if i had to change somethin it would be making it able to solo til the end, and solo for really really good items, not have it necessary to lose your life in a LS just to get end game gear. but dont make it too easy, i liked the party aspect, but sometimes it got rediculous

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

There is only one thing that would keep me from buying FF14. If they charge a monthly fee, I will not be getting it. I refuse to pay to play.

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Thetaguru"]

Two simple things:

1 - No monthly fee

CDUB316

yea, if it's free i'd play it no matter what you can only get so much done in one month...but it's it's free then you have all the time and don't have to feel rushed

This ^

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

Remove the whole "online" thing. ;)

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The_Pig_Hostage
this, you beat me to it, i will consider the game if not being online,
marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]

2mrw
this, you beat me to it, i will consider the game if not being online,

what is so bad about it being online?
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#39 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

I hope it doesn't have a monthly fee.

The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts
[QUOTE="CDUB316"][QUOTE="Takeru916"]I don't get the no losing exp idea. I mean with any MMO nowadays ... if you die ... you lose some form of exp... it is there to teach you to learn to pick on something more your level XD and not be some Leeroy Jenkins (*shudders I can't believe I used that phrase*) I don't mind the more casual play though.... and since it will contain a giant breath of a story like FFXI... it'll be sure to have many beautiful cutscenes and probably lots of good soundtracks to go with it.

No XP loss in WoW, just losing your money to repair bills. I played both the games for over 2 years each, and I found myself scrounging up money for repair bills in WoW more than I found myself having to grind my lvl back in FFXI. I'de rather lose xp than lose currency.
CrazyFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CrazyFanboy
Member since 2005 • 639 Posts

give my drg/sam penta thrust spam back, and less time lvling, and waiting for parties, and less farming for gil, the crafting and fishing was pretty addicting tho keep that.

gunslinger_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42 gunslinger_boy
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

nothing except taking away the monthly fee to play.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#43 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
Well I want there to not be a monthly fee, and a much larger world.
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#44 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

solo play limit the grindfestPvt_r3d
^This, DEFINITELY!

Oh and to add, I HATED the fact you had to fight the summons in order to get them. I HATED THAT. I died on Titan like 10 damn times, they made them WAY too hard. Not to mention you had to abuse the stupid ability (forgot its name) so you could enable Carbuncle to use his ultimate attack. And about Carbuncle, WHY THE HELL was he the only summon you can use to fight the others!!? Who's idea WAS that!!?

Oh, thats not the worse part. If you lose, you have to wait a FULL DAY before you can fight them again!!! A REAL DAY!

I definitely want the option of becoming a Summoner. I will not play however if they keep that ATROCIOUS system.

bpw8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bpw8
Member since 2002 • 558 Posts

if anything you should get exp if you die.. because you sure as hell learned something :)
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Did they even say it was going to be an MMO? It could very well be online without the MMO aspect. It's also very possible for there to be no monthly fees.
lpeter31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lpeter31
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

It would have to magically not be an mmo for me to want to play it.

asteroidboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 asteroidboy
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

Great topic. I definitely agree on removing the exp penalty; it was just too draconian, plus it required constant grinding to keep a buffer so you wouldn't de-level.

Few other things:

- More soloing ability. While having to get groups for everything led to a stronger community, it could also be a gigantic pain.

- INSTANCED DUNGEONS AND HNMs! What killed FFXI is that a few gilsellers or cheating players were able to lock down each HNM spawn, which blocked 99% of players from even having the opportunity to get those drops.

- Open-world PvP. Along with instances, this is where WoW just smoked FFXI. While cooperating is fun, it's also really fun to sneak up on other players and kill them.

Oh, and SE needs to listen more to its player base this time around. FFXI could have been so much better if they'd just listened to players and responded to their issues. Instead, they had a tin ear for criticism, did things on their own schedule and players left in droves.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

lpeter31
Exactly.
lpeter31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lpeter31
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

[QUOTE="lpeter31"]

The_Pig_Hostage

Exactly.

Glad I'm not the only one. :D