What was the longest boss fights you ever had??

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Psycho Mantis in MGS4 took me ages to figure out how to kill. Once I did though, she wasn't much of a problem.

gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 gedo
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts
[QUOTE="solidsnakemoon"]

Like most of the people who posted, I think that The End from MGS3 was long. I mean honestly the fight gave me a headache.

BUT, Radec was both long and hard so I choose him... seriously this guy is literally facepalming me when he cloaks.

Lol, I remember that it didn't take me so much to get him on the normal difficulty. I just had too much time popping his body guards and dying. It took me less than 40 mins (I got the trophy) but not sure how long though
slip_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 slip_killer
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

If it's time spent on trying to beat him then I would say Sephiroth in KH2. Took me so long to memorize the speed and his attack patterns. If it's time spent literally mid battle then the time you first fight Kongol in Legend of Dragoon. It's because I started it in the morning before school and didn't want to lose my progress so I left my PS1 on mid battle for the day until I got home.

aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

Word! Prinny

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
emerald weapon from FF7
Yojimbo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#56 Yojimbo25
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

Emperor Doel in Legend of Dragoon. I had no healing items left and it was just Dart and Doel. Lasted a hour and half

Hanrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Hanrock
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

The EMERALD WEAPON in Final Fantasy VII was one hard obstacle. The guy took time to fall. And not to mention the screwed up attacks that would kill two of my guys. I felt envigorated once i used Cloud to finish the monstrosity with the 'Omnislash' Level Break.

Ah, the good ol' days.....

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

The EMERALD WEAPON in Final Fantasy VII was one hard obstacle. The guy took time to fall. And not to mention the screwed up attacks that would kill two of my guys. I felt envigorated once i used Cloud to finish the monstrosity with the 'Omnislash' Level Break.

Ah, the good ol' days.....

Hanrock
ah so true with the 9999 hit materia I believe for me
HaibaneRenmei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HaibaneRenmei
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts

Final boss for Legend of Legia 2

took about an hour and a halfand the game wasn't even that good (part 1 was awesome tho... if you're into RPGs)

lordray1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lordray1000
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
My longest fight is still going on. A little over 7 years and still fight with my boss at work everyday!!! :D Sorry, couldn't resist.
matchpenalty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#61 matchpenalty11
Member since 2006 • 541 Posts

Some of the boss fights in the MGS series took me quite a while in my first playthrough but the longest has the be the endboss from Resident Evil 5. I too won't say who or what it is to avoid spoilers but even after the killing blow was delivered I was actually expecting him to get up and fight some more. Man that was epic.

ERoBB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 ERoBB
Member since 2005 • 1104 Posts

I dunno off the top of my head, but probably someone from one of the Final Fantasy's.

rralph971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rralph971
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts
the boss that took me the longest to beat was liquid snake, with metal gear rex and the run away seen at the end on the playstation, it took me four hours on the hardest difficulty!
mrnice2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mrnice2k6
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

emerald weapon from ff7. i never got the underwater item so i had to beat it within the time limit.

i just remembered.. the final boss in conan too.

ocphon
Heh,same here with Emerald Weapon it took me hours to beat that damn thing(underwater item,lol)
jpridgen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65 jpridgen0
Member since 2005 • 1864 Posts
it took me about 15 to 20 minutes to beat the end. i used the thermal goggles to track his footprints and sneek up behind him. then just shoot him with the tranq gun. the longest boss fight ive had has to be yiazmat from final fantasy 12. it was actually late at night when i was fighting him and i fell asleep mid fight, lol. luckily i had my gambits set up to where i didnt have to do anything but watch. also a friend called which woke me up right before i was about to run out of items. it took around 3 hours for me to beat him.
lflash80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lflash80
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

it took me forever to kill crying wolf in MGS4

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

The End in MGS3

i think the 1st time i fought him it took me like 2-3 hours definately one of the best boss fights ever

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've encountered a longer boss fight than this before, but this one just stands out: the boss fight with sephiroth in FFVII. Seriously, it took him like 5 minutes to do that one meteor attack. I think the final boss fight in Lost Odyssey was also really long. The most recent long boss fight I've had was with Radec in KZ2. Probably the longest boss fight I've ever played in a shooter. Oh, and the End in MGS3.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

id say the ending of kingdom hearts 1. it took so long. and it was hard.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Well from recent memory,. I would say Henry from No More Heroes. He wasn't that tough he was just resilient as hell
umair_s51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72 umair_s51
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts
Beating the crying wolf without alerting or using rations or lethal weapons for medals in Mgs4, hard hard hard...
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

the end in mgs4(edit mgs3:p), it was pretty funny i was like running around for an hour and then i saw this colourful parrot and below the parrot was the sniper himself, so i got out my shotty and blasted his ass, and it was winnage.

i remember someone took a week to beat that boss, but he didn't really beat him since the game is programmed, that after a week in the real world(i.e. our world, who knows if it is real...) the end dies of old age... TAKE THAT FOURTH WALL MUAHHAHUAUAUHAUAUH!!

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

lflash80

hmmm, she was pretty easy compared to sniper wolf and the end...

night vision ftw... and hiding under that vehicle near the start of the boss battle.

i bet some for some people that couldn't be bothered paying attention to the epic story would be stuck on vamp...

gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 gedo
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts
[QUOTE="adizorz"]

[QUOTE="lflash80"]

night vision ftw... and hiding under that vehicle near the start of the boss battle.

i bet some for some people that couldn't be bothered paying attention to the epic story would be stuck on vamp...

Yeah, I got a friend who bought metal gear after I recommended it to him and he hates the cutscenes so he justs skips them, I am waiting for him to reach that part.
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

The longest boss fight I have had that I can remember is my first time fighting with The End on MGS3. I missed the thermal goggles to help me spot him easier, and I tried to take him on sniper to sniper. It was intense, but long.

Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#77 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

Any boss from Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. Can you say overkill?

Avatar image for modestkraut1291
modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 modestkraut1291
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts

Just finished Resident Evil 5 yesterday, and I just sat there and HAD to finish it. The final boss that I am not going to mention "its" name is just so damn frustrating, it took me about an hour to finish the fight and land the killshot. Even though finishing thegame was satisfying, the ending wasn'ttoo original.After I got off my couch I felt dizzy and about to throw up since I was concentrating too much. So what about you guys? What are the most intense boss fights you had?

gedo

Yea had the exact same experience. Played the final RE boss fight until 5 in the morning... really on normal mode its not hard at all but I was completely out of ammo so i ended up having to sell everything and buy like 6 magnums and sold 4 of them and kept the ammo. But yea seriously it was a pretty unoriginal and not satisfying ending but i was marveling at the "bosses" graphics it was perty sweet.

Avatar image for modestkraut1291
modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 modestkraut1291
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts

[QUOTE="adizorz"]

[QUOTE="lflash80"]

gedo

Yeah, I got a friend who bought metal gear after I recommended it to him and he hates the cutscenes so he justs skips them, I am waiting for him to reach that part.

i played MGS4 on the hardest difficulty and still found the boss battles to be extremely easy

Sheltro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Sheltro
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 3 - The End
Avatar image for jamacian_zombie
jamacian_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jamacian_zombie
Member since 2008 • 310 Posts

The End from MGS3

Took me like 2 and a half freaking hours, I didn't have a sniper rifle :(

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#82 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Same here... sniping out with The End.

maoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 maoman
Member since 2004 • 268 Posts

so no one has fight Omega Wepon in FFVIII?

that is my longest and still not won boss fight ive ever had.

tips welcome.

TGL88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TGL88
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts

Mine would have to be on Shinobi for the PS2. The last boss for some reason would take absolutely no damage every hit i managed to land would take the smallest amount of life off. Ugh hate remembering it becuase i think in the end the battle took me about an hour and 17 minutes i think and the ending wasnt even worth it

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#85 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

The End, Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater I never beat this boss, which resulted the end of my playing MG3. I beat MG4 though. The last boss of MG4 was tough, especially the fist fight at the end. misterfatzz

Beating The End is simple. Turn off your Playstation for a week and the sniper will have died of old age. Not kidding!

1blissofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 1blissofdeath
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Emerald Weapon in FFVII. Over an hour per attempt, tried 3 times (i think, a long time ago), frustrated, gave up.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Colonel Radec.

SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

[QUOTE="misterfatzz"]The End, Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater I never beat this boss, which resulted the end of my playing MG3. I beat MG4 though. The last boss of MG4 was tough, especially the fist fight at the end. brickdoctor

Beating The End is simple. Turn off your Playstation for a week and the sniper will have died of old age. Not kidding!

i honestly beat The End the legit way(not doing so would have felt wrong) but you can just set the time forward on your ps2 and he'll die that way. btw be sure to snag his parrot *yum* =D. As far as I can remember The God OF Destruction was my longest boss battle in Legend Of Dragoon. Epic stuff!
Benjiman_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Benjiman_Guile
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
Emerald Weapon - FFVII Even with gameshark, it toke like half an hour.
Hockeystud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Hockeystud92
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

Re5 as well lol last boss fight took 1 hour as well

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#91 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

The Dreaded Crab in Blaster Master (NES) was quite tough . Omega Weapon in FF8 was tough and long . The bosses in a game called Alundra on the PS1 were quite long too ... I also remember Colony Wars . Those big ships took forever to defeat .

thinner6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 thinner6
Member since 2006 • 762 Posts

Metroid Prime final boss takes about 20+ minutes for skilled players.
The first time through, including deaths and retries, it probably took 3 hours to beat.

Actually I'd say most Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime sequels, have at least three bosses in each game that take at least 10 minutes to beat. And on first tries they take a lot longer.

Avatar image for DKFJKFKJDSAJKDJ
DKFJKFKJDSAJKDJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DKFJKFKJDSAJKDJ
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The End, Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater I never beat this boss, which resulted the end of my playing MG3. I beat MG4 though. The last boss of MG4 was tough, especially the fist fight at the end. misterfatzz

This is the most intelligent boss i ever fought. Actually was a challenge as i didnt just run about like a mad man shooting crap.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#94 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

What was it in FFXI...Yiamtzu or soemthing? I never beat it but I saw a youtube vid lasting an hour on it!

Me personally hmmm...Omega in FFX tok me a while to take down

Mitten123

Lol:lol:, I beat Omega in one hit. But anyway, Yiazmat took me forever in FFXII.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

In the Monster Arena in FFX there were some creatures that took hours to beat even with all Aeons and the whole Parties Overdrives and limit break as well... Some of those fights were almost unwinnable

DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#96 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
The last boss in RE5 was tough! However, after a few failed attempts, I sold most of my stuff and bought the rocket launcher....No Problemo!
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Some of the boss fights in the MGS series took me quite a while in my first playthrough but the longest has the be the endboss from Resident Evil 5. I too won't say who or what it is to avoid spoilers but even after the killing blow was delivered I was actually expecting him to get up and fight some more. Man that was epic.

matchpenalty11
It took me 5 minutes on Hard. What difficulty were you playing on?
Herabec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Herabec
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII... He took me almost an hour to defeat. Maaaaybe because I was severely underleveled, but yeah. Took me an hour to finally get him to kick the bucket. Note to self - get Lionheart next time you want to beat him. XD

kevin11896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kevin11896
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

volcan raven- mgs twin snakes

L0n3W01F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#100 L0n3W01F
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts

It was some boss from Shadow of Colossus, cant remember which one it was a while ago. Great game btw. :)