What was the best game to come out of 2018

#1 Posted by MikeJones (5 posts) -

i am thinking it goes to Red Dead Redemption 2

#2 Posted by SoNin360 (7095 posts) -

Not a ton of 2018 games I've played, but I'd have to go with God of War. Really liked the new direction the series took, I definitely liked it more than any of the previous games. I might end up liking RDR2 more, but I'm way too early in the game to have any sort of opinion on it. But so far I'm not sure if it will end up surpassing God of War for me.

#3 Posted by TheDarkWolf86 (587 posts) -

Due to work-related responsibilities, I honestly haven't been able to play any games since September of this year. I was able to play Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I did play the SNES a lot more this year with my children.

I have been reading a lot about video games from articles on sites such as this, videos on YouTube channels and from GameInformer. It looks as if Red Dead Redemption is getting the most hype today and games like Fallout 76 to be the opposite.

#4 Posted by Game-Critiques (5 posts) -

God of War no doubt easily one of the best games I've ever played followed by red dead.

#5 Posted by Johnny_Rock (40231 posts) -

RDR2 is fantastic, but I haven't played enough of it to get a real feel whether it beats God of War. So I'm sticking with GoW for now.

#6 Posted by Ryan93WKU (6 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption 2 by far. It has great gameplay, graphics, and an amazing story. The added bonus of free world roaming like in GTA with bonus activities (they have way more in this game than GTA).

#7 Posted by Mickeyminime (1445 posts) -

Spider-man or Spyro, Spyro brought back so many memories. RDR2 is ok, but not really in my top 5, let alone top 10 of all games from all consoles i own

#8 Posted by pmanden (688 posts) -

God of War. Though it is not for everybody.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3254787e106
#9 Posted by deactivated-5c3254787e106 (16 posts) -

God of War ~ BOIII of the year award

I bought my PS4 on Jan 2018 so that was my first year with a next gen console so I played some older games I wanted ( DS3, BB, FF15, Uncharted 4 ). The only 2018 games I played were God of War ( the reason I bought the PS4 :P ) and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Odyssey was a good game but GoW was a masterpiece.

#10 Posted by GTR12 (13483 posts) -

For people saying RDR2, you must be 10yrs old, its not even a good game, its just ok.

Just because its a Rockstar game, you praise it, there's FAR better games.

#11 Posted by Fsrgon (12 posts) -

@GTR12:

Yeah, because people enjoy something different from you, they must be 10 years old.

It's a good game and I don't typically like Rockstar games, in fact my first post on this forum is agreeing it's overrated. Perhaps you should explain yourself about why it's so bad other than "it's rockstar so i dint like it" because you just sound like a troll.

#12 Posted by GTR12 (13483 posts) -

@fsrgon said:

@GTR12:

Yeah, because people enjoy something different from you, they must be 10 years old.

It's a good game and I don't typically like Rockstar games, in fact my first post on this forum is agreeing it's overrated. Perhaps you should explain yourself about why it's so bad other than "it's rockstar so i dint like it" because you just sound like a troll.

Yup I'm a troll, you found me out...

You're either new here or an alt, I dunno yet.

I don't need to explain why its bad, there are just other games that are better than it.

#13 Posted by CTR360 (8719 posts) -

redemption 2 spiderman god of war spyro trilogy dragon quest 11 shadow of tomb rider assasin creed odyssey celeste

#14 Posted by James124 (7 posts) -

Spiderman

#16 Posted by KBryan67 (5 posts) -

For me Tomb Raider shadow of tomb raider.

#17 Posted by Baron_Machina (273 posts) -

God of War. There were definitely a lot of other games this year I loved like Spider-Man, Smash Ultimate, and Dragon Quest 11, but God of War just felt so big and taking a huge journey through Norse mythology was a blast. Also Kratos' character development in this game is fantastic.

#20 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2480 posts) -

I'd give it to Red Dead Redemption 2 followed by Monster Hunter World. I love both of these games and can probably play them both combined for hundreds of hours tbh

#21 Posted by SaltSlasher (1241 posts) -

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is easily the most underrated game of the year. I feel like journalists didn't even finish the game, and even if they did, all the new added content has made it even more special.

#22 Posted by Another-ryuga (3 posts) -

Spider-Man, by a country mile.

#23 Edited by Johnny_Rock (40231 posts) -

@Johnny_Rock said:

RDR2 is fantastic, but I haven't played enough of it to get a real feel whether it beats God of War. So I'm sticking with GoW for now.

I may have to reconsider and put Ni No Kuni 2 into the running as well. Oh, and RDR2 is out. It ended up being a mediocre game at best.

#24 Posted by Jendeh (130 posts) -

Spider-man. It's probably the most fun I've had with a game since HZD. Lots of great contenders in 2018, though. There really isn't a clear winner.

#25 Posted by realistic44 (8244 posts) -

My top 3 - 1) God Of War 3 2) Spiderman 3) RDR2

#27 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10471 posts) -

God of War