What is the math behind PS+ games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

noobbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 noobbreaker
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

How much does Sony pay games publishers to put there games on PS+ for free does anyone know?  What incentives other than $ do the publishers get?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
No idea, but it has to be pretty good, because a lot of newer games come to this service
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

I'm not sure they always pay. I remember reading an article and a Indie dev was saying that they didn't mind making their game available on PS+ for free because it really helped promote their up coming release and a lot of people who downloaded it ended up buying the sequal. 

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Sony pays them a little with every download probably or something like that. I dont think anyone does anything for free.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Most games that are free on PSN+ have already sold enough and brought lots of money to the game publisher so by the time the game is free on PSN+ the publisher is focused on some nes games released.

What the publisher gets is a good image to the gamers that will work as advertisement to entice gamers to buy some of their games as the gamer was happy to get the older game for free. So it's advertisement for the publisher.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Yea i'm with many of the others, i guess they get a small percentage from sony for each download and it comes out months after release, it's also a good way to get noticed so we buy there next game esp for indie developers, i mean there main purpose is to make games they love and they aren't just in it for the money but for the love of creating something they wanted to create, so giving there game away for free will allow them to be noticed and then some people may buy there next game.

Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts
Read this: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/28/futurlab-explains-how-sony-approaches-companies-to-put-their-game-free-on-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/