what is magic gate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Guol
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts
i read alot about how ebay has alot of fake memory sticks, and they dont have magic gate, but i was just wondering what is magic gate? and are there any ligit memorystickPRO Duo with no magic gate?
Avatar image for Sarbuth_Tetulis
Sarbuth_Tetulis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Sarbuth_Tetulis
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts
magic gate is a brand/company.
garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts
The chance of a memory card with no magic gate support being legit is really small, but can be possible. If they're cheap, then they're usually fake.
iblizsatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iblizsatan
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts
what does magicgate do actually?? koz mine is "Made in Japan", but the Magicgate "Unknown"...
BeckMall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BeckMall
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

It's a kind of memory stick dude >_>

iblizsatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iblizsatan
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts

It's a kind of memory stick dude >_>

BeckMall

yes, i know it's a memory stick, but mine say's Magicgate "unknown"... what does this magicgate do... making upload or download data much faster?? or better quality?? :|

daystrom330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 daystrom330
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It has something to do with digital rights.

See here: http://tinyurl.com/5uxrmr

dougiek7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dougiek7
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
If it says unknown that usually means it's a fake I just returned two 8gb to some guy I bought off of on eBay cause they wee fake And the fake ones
obilisk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 obilisk692
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
all these people are right in a way but the real thing is a magic gate is a software which automaticaly installs a drive that is compatible with your system. not supported magic gate means that it will run any iso/cso only games with an EBOOT.php files. the downfalls of it is when you copy a file it will sometimes come up as a corrupted data. over all non supported ones are double compressed to a RAW system file, but really it has to be a FAT32 or a FAT16/12 Not to be GEEEEEK or a NERD but did you get all that... well thats the difference is anyway!
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

i have been using a fake 8gb memeory stick with no magic gate support for past 6 months now. had no issues with it. the only thing i notice is the transfer speed of the file is a tiny bit faster with the real one when you transfer it from your pc to psp. otherwise works just fine for me. i have both fake and real ones and didnt really notice any other perfomance issues or corrupted data issues.

pilot_riaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pilot_riaz
Member since 2008 • 443 Posts

I have been using mem card with no magicgate supported. My game files have started getting corrupted.

I copy them again, still corrupted. Format mem card, copy game it is working but i notice when the card gets to over 1GB the rest of the games being copied get corrupted.

I have read on other forums many people have same problem.

Conclusion, if the mem card is unknown, no magicgate support the cards are fake and data becomes corrupted

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

all these people are right in a way but the real thing is a magic gate is a software which automaticaly installs a drive that is compatible with your system. not supported magic gate means that it will run any iso/cso only games with an EBOOT.php files. the downfalls of it is when you copy a file it will sometimes come up as a corrupted data. over all non supported ones are double compressed to a RAW system file, but really it has to be a FAT32 or a FAT16/12 Not to be GEEEEEK or a NERD but did you get all that... well thats the difference is anyway!obilisk692

Not geek or nerd in any way... I find that someone who's talking tech-spec (correctly) to be refreshing on these forums. We need all the brains we can get 'round here!

Thank you for the facts! So much opinion and retoric gets handed around as fact here sometimes that I get an upset stomach.

:lol: