What happens to my current subscription if I buy discounted PS Plus now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

At the moment a years PS Plus is at a discounted price. I'm already a member but I was wondering if I could get a years subscription at this cheaper price now, and I'll have an extra year when my current subscription runs out? Basically what I'm asking is whether or not buying a years subscription will take effect now and override my current subscription or will it just put an other year on top of my current subscription? It's just so that I can get it at this cheap price now instead of paying the normal price again when my sub runs out.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It stacks, so the year will be added to your current subscription without overriding it. I did the same thing and mine now lasts until September 2014.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
It's full price for me... :?
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Ugh... Apparently, it's UK only. I hate it when they do this ****. Mine expires in a couple days and I could use the discount.
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts
Ugh... Apparently, it's UK only. I hate it when they do this ****. Mine expires in a couple days and I could use the discount.The-Apostle
They really should discount North America's year-long subscription. Europe's has gone on sale multiple times since E3, but NA's has not.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
And I was thinking, "Oh crap! I just bought a year's worth of PS+, and NOW they're offering a discount?", only to find that it doesn't apply to the US or NA as a whole. Oh well, $50 for a year still seems like a pretty good deal given all those free games, even if the "free" games are lost if the subscription ends. And to restate what the second poster said, any additional subscription time purchased gets added to your remaining time, so you don't lose anything. They made that part quite clear in the FAQ.