What game(s) gives/gave you gamers rage?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

villa88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 villa88
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

Grand Theft Auto: Sand Andreas- Its a great game but its also very frustrating. It gives you the rage because of its bad way of traveling back to the missions after you failed it. You have to drive all the way back to the mission in order to start it again and drive all the way back the objective. Annoying.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater- The game is great and I say one of the best in the series. But, it has a very annoying part. And its the part where you have to

drag Eva from point A to point B. While trying to survive with tuns of bad guys hunting you down. Its especially annoying when you try finishing the game in Hard Difficulty.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- The almost impossible boss Lazarevic in Normal or Hard Mode. Oh my God he is annoying. You will die tuns and tuns of times. And will ll have to restart the entire process of defeating him every time you die.

These are just some examples but their are plenty of more I can name. What Rages you??

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
None. Games just really don't have the ability to illicit rage in me. I started playing ages ago, when the games were purposefully made so difficult it would take 8 hours to get through the first stage. Nothing really phases me anymore.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
None. Games just really don't have the ability to illicit rage in me. I started playing ages ago, when the games were purposefully made so difficult it would take 8 hours to get through the first stage. Nothing really phases me anymore. raven_squad
Demon''s Souls was the only. BTW, Lazarevic on the hardest difficulty was a piece of cake.
cyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cyee
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts

im a very patient gamer, and even though some game may get a little frustrating, i manage to stay calm. you will rarely find me in a rage

PhoenixHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PhoenixHD
Member since 2010 • 106 Posts
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Mostly CoD on a regular bases. Online and veteran mode.

Other games can get me mad but its rare.

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

CoD online because of the insanely cheap tactics and perks people use, but i still play it just about every day lol.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

The only game that gave me rage was Cod4, playing that on veteran was a real pain oh and I guess Cod:waw got under my skin a little with how it used cheap tactics to kill you. (grenade spam, overly smart AI, overly useless AI for you own team mates)

Ive played Demon's Souls but I enjoyed that game to much to get rage from it :P.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

Grand Theft Auto: Sand Andreas- Its a great game but its also very frustrating. It gives you the rage because of its bad way of traveling back to the missions after you failed it. You have to drive all the way back to the mission in order to start it again and drive all the way back the objective. Annoying.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater- The game is great and I say one of the best in the series. But, it has a very annoying part. And its the part where you have to

drag Eva from point A to point B. While trying to survive with tuns of bad guys hunting you down. Its especially annoying when you try finishing the game in Hard Difficulty.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves- The almost impossible boss Lazarevic in Normal or Hard Mode. Oh my God he is annoying. You will die tuns and tuns of times. And will ll have to restart the entire process of defeating him every time you die.

These are just some examples but their are plenty of more I can name. What Rages you??

villa88

Based on my current game collection, I would have to agree with your last one - the Lazarevic battle was really annoying, especially in the later half when he throws a billion grenades at you.

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

Back in the day Need for Speed Undergound when i kept losing lol. But recently the only game that was frustrating was Cod:WaW in Veteran mode, And from time to time MW2 online when there are campers

GrimMcSlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrimMcSlam
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts

MLB 10 The Show.....

sometimes AI Sheva in RE5

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

MW2 online and killzone 2 elite difficulty. i can barely pass the second/ third section. its freaking hard because the helghast have like 2 times as much health and u die in like 2-3 shots. it makes me rage

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Lego Indiana Jones 2
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Cheap knife kills, lagging, and glitches in MW2.
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Lazarevic on Crushing was hell of annoying. Took me like 20-30 tries. I was pissed, but I think I managed to keep my cool.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The toughest enemy of all was the camera and controls. Despite that, the actual enemies you face in game were actually sub par in difficulty. I don't really regard fighting with the camera and controls "a hard game". I say it's rep is complete BS in my personal opinion. I've played a lot of hard games in my years... I beat the game anyways.

Shinobi PS2. This is what happens when a video game has PMS. "Press Start!" You press start "GAME OVER!" (because you pressed Start) 'nuff said

Sonic Heros. Well what can I say? It's pure crap. One of the very first anticipated games I sold without even finishing it. Was so frustrated I didn't even bother to. (not to mention, I had the "superior GC version" to boot)

GRAW2. That bloody second convoy/chopper mission where the one part of the convey you need to protect ALWAYS seems to die unavoidably no matter what I did. That mission can only be passed by pure luck. Like sticking a hair through a needle hole. I don't replay the campaign anymore because of it.

End War. The first WMD mission (I haven't even started WW3 yet!) Never ending hoard of health regenerating enemies with never ending credits and infinitely deployed. While you (the player) get peanuts, next to nothing. Originally I thought you're "meant to lose the mission" to push the game along. BUT YOU CAN'T. You fire a WMD, what does it do? NOTHING. They keep coming from the far end of the map no matter what you do to their Foxtrot and even if manage to secure two points of control, there's 3 squads of riflemen, engineers, tanks and choppers for your ONE SQUAD per control point. Oh yeah, and guess what? If for some miracle you DO manage to get Yankee, Alpha AND Bravo. Two seconds later, THE AI FIRES A WMD ON YOU. So you're over run either way. It's designed to hate it you and punish you. It is completely impossible. I've been playing RTS games since '99. This, is complete BS. Thank god I only paid $10 for this...

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I never actually raged from any game.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

MW2's multiplayer.

My wall is damaged because of it.

coasterride509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coasterride509
Member since 2009 • 200 Posts

That part in Killzone 2 where youre alone on the roof with the ATAC drone. I don't know why but that was just rediculously difficult for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
Numblast make me crazy. I just jog it off.
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

well i just found a new one lol. i put in gow3 because i havent beat it yet. im playing on the hardest difficulty you can play before you unlock the last difficulty. i just got to the part after the second flying part where you have to dodge all that crap, and now im facing one of those three headed dogs that spits mini fire dogs that explode when they get close to you. on top of that you have to fight those guys that carry the two sided spears. wow it is retarded hard. i wanted to break the game and burn my house down...lol

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

SSFIV makes me cry at times because I suck so bad at it.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Final boss in U2 was very easy imo. I beat him dying just about three times.
Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts
MW2 multiplayer, but i like it
Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts

well i just found a new one lol. i put in gow3 because i havent beat it yet. im playing on the hardest difficulty you can play before you unlock the last difficulty. i just got to the part after the second flying part where you have to dodge all that crap, and now im facing one of those three headed dogs that spits mini fire dogs that explode when they get close to you. on top of that you have to fight those guys that carry the two sided spears. wow it is retarded hard. i wanted to break the game and burn my house down...lol

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

this was the hardest part for me on titan mode. i raged on this also lolz.the rest of the game was easy on titan thankfully

schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts
Brutal Legend, as it grew too repetitive and annoying. When I decided to trade it in Gamestop decide to drop prices on it so it wasn't worth trading in. That annoyed me the most.
BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
Final Fantasy 13 and killzone 2
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Gears2 online...and some parts of Killzone 2's single-player.
Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

InFamous!

the Kessler fight on hard got me quite angry.

and looking for that stupid **** 350th shard!

apart from that, none really.

although there have been a few "OH FFS!"s in my house at a couple of puzzles in God Of War I

lol

kezlehan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kezlehan
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
MW2 multiplayer. Sometimes I suck so bad at it, that I get really mad and just wanna throw the controller lol.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#31 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Its just far too realistic and tactical, and having to redo 30 minutes worth of slow paced walking is a real pain.

Turok - It had barely any checkpoints and was very frustrating.

Jericho - The most difficult boss fights I've ever faced in a game, and I played it on easy!

Killzone 2 - The last level on my first playthrough was a nightmare :P

monker490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 monker490
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

Lazarevic on Crushing was hell of annoying. Took me like 20-30 tries. I was pissed, but I think I managed to keep my cool. rahul_batta

I beat him 2 times in 1 day to get my plat. Both times on crushing cos u have to do every level on crushing and then beat him to unlock the trophy. I hadn't done the first few levels. Don't know y i wrote this. Maybe i just wanted to waste everyone's time

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

Angered because of "tough" spots in games, no not really..

Thoroughly disappointed after getting an "next installment" of a game because the previous one was very enjoyable, absolutely.. (screw you FF X-2, Resistance 2)

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

FF13 recently, not too frustrating, just couldnt give a dam after beating the proudclad, then what do you know, he reappers and you have to beat it again. I just gave up after that. Didnt help that I found it very hard and the battle would last 8-10 minutes and I'd die 5-6 times.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Off the top of my head

Demon Souls from dieing over and over and losing souls

Killzone 2 Multiplayer gave me rage from just stupid things happening around me

Leisure Larry : Box Office Bust controls

Tomb Raider : Underworld from being too complex and confusing which ends up in a quick death.

Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops just failing over and over in general

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
SSF4.... I've been trying to get the "win ten ranked matches in a row"... furthest I've managed to get is seven....then I got murderkilleddeath. its very frustrating....but I'll get there someday like I did with SF4 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Coop missions with horrible net coding and a pathetic friendly A.I. is a major turn off. You'd think they'd make the Friendly A.I as beastly as the enemy A.I....*sigh*
Happy-Screamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Happy-Screamer
Member since 2007 • 467 Posts

Resident Evil 5: Playing on the hardest difficulty online against el gigantic troll boss thing. Hardest part of the whole game.

Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time: My blaster runs hot arcade game. Going for that trophy of 10,000 points RAAAAAAAAAGE although I did finally get :D

Flatbattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Flatbattery
Member since 2009 • 463 Posts

MW2 multiplayer, can't even bring myself to put it on now, the lag is just terrible.

Chilloutcolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chilloutcolin
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts

Sometimes boss battles get me pretty mad if I feel like I'm dying cheaply, but nothing gets me mad like people using cheap tactics in mw2. I swear it feels like my head will explode if I keep playing. Otherwise I'm fairly relaxed playing games.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

im a very patient gamer, and even though some game may get a little frustrating, i manage to stay calm. you will rarely find me in a rage

cyee

Same here. My brother on the other hand... He'll throw controllers, pitch fits and will be upset for the rest of the day if it doesn't go his way.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
FIFA 10 when I just missed a 100% chance to score :P
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Ever since I quit WoW, nothing.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

MW2

bushidotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bushidotu
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

street fighter series or any fighting game in general

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
lazarevic on hard was easy. you run back and forth by a rock wall and shoot the blue stuff as it regenerates. he never catches you....youtube it
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

Killzone 2 on Elite Mode

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#48 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office - Due to all the problems this game has from it's slow shooting parts, bad camera angles and broken controls which Team 17 and Codemasters didn't bother patching.

Super Street Fighter IV - I can't remember all the combos and moves so most times I do end up loosing but I should put more time into it.

Beijing 2008 - I think many people will agree with me it's just too hard as it requires a lot of button bashing it would have been better if Sixaxis was used.

Bionic Commando - The controls are annoying as so many buttons do many different things it was confusing.

Hail to the Chimp - I just loose track of where I am due to the game moving in and out all the time it just doesn't keep up with the past pace action that is happening on screen.

Motorstorm Series - Just when you think your winning because your far ahead of the A.I it always somehow gets back right behind you due to rubberband A.I

TV Show King - The online when your doing well and some player decides to steal all your points that annoys me as usually the player who steals my points is the worst player in the game. It doesn't help with the wheel where you gain points, steal points or points taken from you I always seem to loose my points on it. I'd rather play Buzz because it's fair.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
MW2, Bad Co 2, and Need for Speed Shift...all sold as a result.
lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean MachinePhoenixHD
lol, I love that game. Yeah, yeah, everyone flips out about it.