What franchises is the PSVita missing that would make it successful?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
The PSVITA is not like the PSP, the PSP had geat franchises and a nice boost within launch and a years time, the VITA has not had this. What franchises do you think were on the PSP that the PSVITA is missing?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Grand Theft Auto is surely the most obvious, since it was one of the PSP's biggest sellers. I'd absolutely adore a new Midnight Club, and it's sold well, so it might sell the system for some players. This is debatable, for sure. It's good that it's getting a Call of Duty game. I'm no fan of the series since they've become map packs, but this could boost sales for the Vita by a lot. Assassin's Creed is another much-needed boost, if the quality holds up to the series' standards. For Japan: Monster Hunter. I'm fairly certain that the reason for the Vita's less-than-successful reception has been due to the fact that the 3DS has a Monster Hunter(and an upcoming 4th game), while the Vita has nothing yet, besides a yet-unreleased port of MHP3.
Razer361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Razer361
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Well, I think Monster Hunter or a Vita exclusive Metal Gear would be Epic.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Two words: Monster Hunter.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I don't think the big problem is a lack of good games, I think it's the price of the system and the memory chips.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
pokemon
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I would like a Twisted Metal game for PSvita, God of War on PSvita, if They start making PSvita the home for RPG's as was the PSP that might help out the Vita in Japan. Here in North America some game that put the twin analog sticks to good use. Took Sony forever to listen, Now it is taking forever to release some games on PSvita that make use of them.

The key is original PSvita games that showcase what the system can do.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

GTA and MH are the two that would really make it sucessful. Burnout, GoW, FTB were all good system sellers also. But personally I would like to see more Patapon, LocoRoco, traditional DJ max.

Also with Ragnarok Odyssey coming out, it looks like the best MH clone in a long time with infrastructure also

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Kingdom Hearts.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#10 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Valkyria Chronicles, because I want it :P Hatsune Miku, because I'm sure it would help its sales in Japan (Project Diva Next is coming for it, yay). Final Fantasy, because the name sells itself. Metal Gear, because it's an awesome series and the release of the HD collection did help the sales, so I'm sure a new Metal Gear exclusive would help its sales.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Metal gear
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Sony: God of War Gran Turismo Jak and Daxter Ratchet and Clank Patapon LocoRoco There's really no excuse for these series not to be on Vita or at least announced. They were all part of the PSP's success to some degree. Third party: Monster Hunter Sonic (how about a Rivals 3? Both Rivals games were million+ sellers) Dragon Quest Final Fantasy (and not just a port of PS3's X HD, but its own game) Tekken (no, SFxT doesn't count) Kingdom Hearts Metal Gear (again, HD Collection doesn't count any more than MGS3D on 3DS; something original or exclusive) Unfortunately I don't think Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest are going to be pried away from Nintendo. I really do not expect Vita to recover.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Like other people have said, a new GTA or Monster Hunter.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

ColdP1zza
Valkyria Chronicles 3? Crapcom getting smart (IE not so picky about money) and make a new MH exclusively for the Vita. Or better yet, ANY Crapcom game that's not gimped with....uh....Crap...com....ness....?
barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

Sony: God of War Gran Turismo Jak and Daxter Ratchet and Clank Patapon LocoRoco There's really no excuse for these series not to be on Vita or at least announced. They were all part of the PSP's success to some degree. Third party: Monster Hunter Sonic (how about a Rivals 3? Both Rivals games were million+ sellers) Dragon Quest Final Fantasy (and not just a port of PS3's X HD, but its own game) Tekken (no, SFxT doesn't count) Kingdom Hearts Metal Gear (again, HD Collection doesn't count any more than MGS3D on 3DS; something original or exclusive) Unfortunately I don't think Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest are going to be pried away from Nintendo. I really do not expect Vita to recover.famicommander

Yep, you nailed it. Exept that I think the vita will recover, once these games get released. Also COD and little big planet (looking forward to this). If GT came out, I don't think i would put the console down for a good few years. I'm still hotlapping with GTPSP.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"]Sony: God of War Gran Turismo Jak and Daxter Ratchet and Clank Patapon LocoRoco There's really no excuse for these series not to be on Vita or at least announced. They were all part of the PSP's success to some degree. Third party: Monster Hunter Sonic (how about a Rivals 3? Both Rivals games were million+ sellers) Dragon Quest Final Fantasy (and not just a port of PS3's X HD, but its own game) Tekken (no, SFxT doesn't count) Kingdom Hearts Metal Gear (again, HD Collection doesn't count any more than MGS3D on 3DS; something original or exclusive) Unfortunately I don't think Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest are going to be pried away from Nintendo. I really do not expect Vita to recover.barny0111

Yep, you nailed it. Exept that I think the vita will recover, once these games get released. Also COD and little big planet (looking forward to this). If GT came out, I don't think i would put the console down for a good few years. I'm still hotlapping with GTPSP.

The longer the Vita sells poorly the lower the chance those games ever get greenlit, let alone released. I don't think people understand just how severe this situation is right now; Iwata was sincerely concerned about the state of long term 3DS third party support before their price drop last year and Vita is selling much, much worse than 3DS was at $250. Low sales beget poor support which beget further low sales. At this point it is incredible naive to think any major third party franchise is going to be greenlit exclusively for Vita. The userbase just isn't there and it isn't showing signs of improving. We may yet see some big announcements, but those would have to have been games that were already in development. Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed will be irrelevant in terms of pushing hardware. I'm sure they'll sell well to the system's established base and possibly push some fence sitters over the edge but in general AC and COD fans aren't buying a handheld to play a spin-off of a console game they can buy on one of many other platforms they likely already own. Assassin's Creed fans will be getting AC3 this holiday season, which will run 60 dollars or more depending on if they get a special edition. Is it really reasonable to assume they'll be paying 60-75 dollars for AC3 PLUS the cost of a Vita, Liberation, AND a memory card? The same goes for CoD. It's going to be tough to convince people who are already buying CoD for 60+ (again depending on special editions or Elite) to drop 50 dollars on DecIassified plus the price of the unit and memory card. Even with a price drop the value proposition isn't there. What it's going to take to save this system is a bunch of first party software to drive the userbase. This means Sony has got to get God of War, Gran Turismo, Jak and Daxter, Racthet and Clank, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet (I know this one is coming soon), Patapon, Loco Roco, etc out as soon as possible. The reason for my pessimism in their ability to do this is the fact that they are still dedicating a lot of internal resources to the PS3 (new slim model, GoW, Last of Us, LG, etc) and they also have to have a lot of their internal studios working on PS4 titles by now. A lot is riding on PS4 not just for the Playstation division but for Sony on the whole, and the cynic in me thinks they are likely to brush the Vita off to the side to try to make sure PS4 starts off on the right foot.
FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

Sonic

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
It needs 3rd party to step up since sony is already doing better with 1st party than psp did its first year.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

[QUOTE="ColdP1zza"]

tjoeb123

Valkyria Chronicles 3? Crapcom getting smart (IE not so picky about money) and make a new MH exclusively for the Vita. Or better yet, ANY Crapcom game that's not gimped with....uh....Crap...com....ness....?

I'd love to see Valkyrie Chronicles 3 as well, but I don't think that's much of a big hitter in terms of sales, I doubt it would make the Vita that much more popular.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Definitely Monster Hunter and GTA, which are the two games I still play on my PSP.

Some other cool franchises would be Gran Turismo, Demon's/Dark Souls, and really any other big WRPG genre (a Vita only Mass Effect would be pretty cool, especially since they can do anything now that Shepard's trilogy is likely over).