well time to see what all the ME hype is about.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

just ordered ME2 from amazon, got it free with rewards points so im sure it will be worth every penny LOL. Im hopeing its as good as all the hype suggest. iv been playing so much skyrim,fallout NV,GT5 and batman AC im starting toget a bit burned out on them so i def needed something new. quastion, is ME2 a good indacation as to how good part 3 is?is me3 better? worse? Any tips for a ME2 newbie?

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i hate ME, i dont know what everyone sees in them, but we all got our own taste in games. i personally think its a bad game, i didnt like it no matter how much i tried playing them. i even got 1 and 2 for free and still ended up trading them in
Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts
Great series enjoy. The comic book video intro will explain ME1 so your good to go.
getsmizacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 getsmizacked
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts
ME1 and 2 were awesome. I haven't played 3 yet just because I played the first two on the 360 and now own a PS3. I'm a little discouraged you could say. But 2 was definitely really fun. Back when I played it I wasn't much of a game completion-ist, but ME2 lit something up inside me haha
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I enjoyed the ME2 a lot and have yet to play the third. I've played and liked the games you mentioned you've been playing. It's probably not an indication or anything, but I still think there's a good chance you'll like it.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

MINOR SPOILER ALERT.

all right, well i got the game and iv played up to were you get to the first big city looking for the scientest guy. Seems fun enough so far. for some reason im haveing some trouble getting used to the controls and play style. Im not sure why, kinda like trying to wright with my left hand "im right handed lol". just plays a little def than most other games iv played.Or maybe its becuase its been so long sense i played a new game :p. my onereal grip so far is that i have to down load this 670mb or so DLC to be able to do the intro comic thing thats suposed to bridge the gap between the first game and 2nd as well as far as i under stand it alters the story .Its free dlc wich is nice but i have a stinking 5gig a month data cap "thanks for adding that SPRINT, the unlimited i signed up for was to good of a thing hu? sorry ****'s." So i cant down load the DLC this month as i already used almost a gig downloading some patchs ect earlier so i will run short before the month is up thus i have to wait a month before downloading it. why couldnt they just put the comic thing on the disk, another case of devlopers assumeing cutomers have access to high speed net. Any way the story seems cool, and i like the cover/shoot system in the game. I picked the soldier class for my first play through. I was a bit bumed out when i found out there is no ship to ship space battle though, they give you this cool ship that you can move around in and all but dont let you use it in a fight. i wish it was like skys of arcadia in that regard. makes the ship feel more like another character.. and well i just love big ships fighting it out lol.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I've always thought it kinda pointless for EA to bring the series to the PS3 without first porting over the first game. Comic book briefings aside, you really lose a little bit since your game will not have any of the effects of your decision making from the first game. Personally, I liked ME2 less than the first because it played less like an RPG and more like a third-person cover shooter. People loved the "streamlining" as it made the game more fast paced, but the sense of exploration was really stripped away. Plus, the planet scanning mini game is quite possibly the WORST thing to happen to RPGs.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I personally got both ME1 and 2 on the pc and enjoyed them a lot. Not sure if missing out on ME1 would affecr enjoyment though. The game is very storydriven afterall. Still have to get ME3 soon.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Just a third person cover shooter with very very few rpg level up elements. You have a free roaming type of game, as in you can drive your little ship anywhere you want, but the levels are very linear, and you cannot freely explore each planet. But still an alright game, but when you look at each detail of the game, I don't think it meets all the hype. But still an enjoyable game.

MegaMatt91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MegaMatt91
Member since 2011 • 462 Posts
One of my favorite series of all time. I played the whole series on PC. I was literally depressed when ME3 was over.