We need more Cross-buys!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

amir_g_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 amir_g_m
Member since 2013 • 32 Posts

I'm not a blogger or a journalist. However I really hope some people could identify with me andmaybe share my thoughts somewhere else in the net and make a difference.

I received a Vita about half a year ago with Uncharted, in a grift box with a ribbon. I was really glad to own it...

After I played the fantastic Uncharted game, and I started looking for other games, either hard or digital copy (PS Store).

I purchased the Rayman: Origins for PS3, but I felt bad about the fact that it costs 20$, while the Vita version is 26$. that's tottaly unfair.

It MUST be a cross-buy game! Why does Sony allow this... stealing thing.... hwo come?

the same about the upcoming games like Final Fantasy HD. for the PS3 they sell a collection, but for Vita they sell it seperately ? it's stealing out money - I obviously am going to buy the PS3 version just because it's cheaper, but am I going to use my Vita one day? ever? 

how the hell on earth do they make it? will he have more cross-buys?

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
It does cost money to port games to the Vita, the average publisher is not going to do that for free.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

There's no money to be made for 3rd party publishers/developers to make games cross-buy. It only makes sense for Sony because they need to promote the hardware, and for indies who need to get their brand of games as widely distributed as possible.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Cross Buy games will only come from Sony 1st Party franchises or games they publish / fund. As the poster above me mentioned no 3rd Party developer / publisher is going to cut their profits for Cross Buy.
voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
Cross Buy games will only come from Sony 1st Party franchises or games they publish / fund. As the poster above me mentioned no 3rd Party developer / publisher is going to cut their profits for Cross Buy.FlamesOfGrey
correct me if i am wrong... but isnt dragon's crown cross buy?
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Cross Buy games will only come from Sony 1st Party franchises or games they publish / fund. As the poster above me mentioned no 3rd Party developer / publisher is going to cut their profits for Cross Buy.voljin1987
correct me if i am wrong... but isnt dragon's crown cross buy?

No, it's not. It's Cross Save which means who can transfer saves between the PS3 & PS Vita versions. You still have to buy both versions seperately.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

though it would be nice, not gonna happen. They have to make money. Doesn't make since to from the 3rd party prospective like everyone above said.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I'm still bummed that MLB 13 wasn't cross buy. Didn't end up buying either.
amir_g_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amir_g_m
Member since 2013 • 32 Posts

But it makes no sense!

Someone has to do something about it! a protest, an article in the gaming zone... I don't know...

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

what do you mean it makes no sense...it's perfectly reasonable. I would actually be slightly inclined to support each company's protest on making cross-buys since there are so many cons to doing it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

what do you mean it makes no sense...it's perfectly reasonable. I would actually be slightly inclined to support each company's protest on making cross-buys since there are so many cons to doing it

josephl64
I agree. I feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't really see a lot of benefit to cross-buy. When your struggling handheld is in need of hit games, and several of them are released on the PS3 that a lot of gamers already have, it's difficult to get people to buy a Vita specifically for that game... Especially when they are encouraged to buy the PS3 version to get the Vita version!