Watch Dogs ps4 vs pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cryfreedom66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cryfreedom66
Member since 2005 • 654 Posts
Hey all...at this point I know it's all speculation but I'm stil curious about your opinions about watch dogs graphically on a ps4 vs a high end pc. I've got an uber pc with a 1440p monitor and I'm trying to justify getting watch dogs for the ps4 instead...as I want to play with my new toy haha think there will be a huge difference? Whatya think?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Most likely,with mods
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I have a fairly capable PC as well and I was going to get it for PC originally but apparently there's 60 minutes of exclusive content on the PS4 so that's what pushed me to get it on PS4 over PC. Same thing with AC IV. The exclusive PS3/PS4 missions pushed me into PS4 over PC. Plus I'm like you and I wanna make sure I have games for it when it launches lol I honestly don't think there will be that much of a dropoff between the versions either. Early in this console generation it's not going to be nearly the same leap that you'd get now with PC vs. console. Higher end PCs are obviously still going to look better, but early on I'd say the difference will be negligible.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Why does it always have to be about the graphics though?  Especially when the differences will probably be minor?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Why does it always have to be about the graphics though?  Especially when the differences will probably be minor?

Ovirew
Because that's oone of the largest differences. You could pick PC if you prefer KB+M, or maybe for framerate (or is watch dogs 60fps on consoles?)
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

both are gonna look good

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I am personally feel torn about this. I was thinking about getting all my multiplats on PC and only buying console exclusives, but then I remembered the remote play feature. If I get a Vita and want to play Watch Dogs etc. on the go, that could be a compelling reason to buy the PS4 version if you're into that sort of thing.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I am personally feel torn about this. I was thinking about getting all my multiplats on PC and only buying console exclusives, but then I remembered the remote play feature. If I get a Vita and want to play Watch Dogs etc. on the go, that could be a compelling reason to buy the PS4 version if you're into that sort of thing.donalbane

Yeah, I wasn't overly into the whole remote play concept, but the more I think about it the more what you're saying makes sense.  Though, I don't have the option of a gaming PC right now I just have a decent enough laptop for what it is, being able to play all these games on the Vita is a very appealing thought.

As for graphics, the PC may end up looking better, especially after what I've seen the community has done for other games in terms of upgrading graphics.  Other than that I'd imagine there won't be much of a difference in terms of the game itself.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Ovirew
cryfreedom66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 cryfreedom66
Member since 2005 • 654 Posts

Ovirew

when you have two options, and there is only one primary difference between them...that difference is what you make a decision based on. Why does everyone get so up in arms about people who care about graphics...

KrazehJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KrazehJeff
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
PC normally always wins, dependent on spec of course. But if you are a console only gamer then you got nothing to worry about.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

gunna looks sweet on the PS4.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
im betting they will be near identical. plus with the PS4 you get a much larger screen assuming you have a good size TV
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

PC will have the edge.

Faster loading times, higher resolution, and performance will all be better on PC.  And your PC will always be able to play it irrespective of hardware generation.  But you can bet ur azz that Watch Dogs is going to be franchised and there will 3-4 of them over the next 6 years, so the want to play the original may quickly fade with each new release.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I'm sure it will look better graphically on PC, but I'm still getting it on PS4 because the multiplayer is almost always better on those types of games on a console. Since multiplayer seems like such an important part of this game, that's what I'm thinking about.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

gunna looks sweet on the PS4.

sukraj
same here
gamerking32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerking32

both are gonna look good

Flubbbs
I agree
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
I have a fairly capable PC as well and I was going to get it for PC originally but apparently there's 60 minutes of exclusive content on the PS4 so that's what pushed me to get it on PS4 over PC. Same thing with AC IV. The exclusive PS3/PS4 missions pushed me into PS4 over PC. Plus I'm like you and I wanna make sure I have games for it when it launches lol I honestly don't think there will be that much of a dropoff between the versions either. Early in this console generation it's not going to be nearly the same leap that you'd get now with PC vs. console. Higher end PCs are obviously still going to look better, but early on I'd say the difference will be negligible.Texas2089
Pretty much this.
DigiTMPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DigiTMPS3

Gettng the PS4 version. Interested in the control scheme, they are saying the PS4 touchpad will be used for the ingame phone system. Just simple things possibly like to open a door requires a scan of your fingerprint so you place it on the touchpad maybe. Little extra things help with immersion. I'm hoping a lot of games will make unique ideas from the touchpad.

And I'm not biased, I own a high end PC as well. I'm getting older, so look at gaming moreso as to comfort and controls these days. Graphic conmparisons are past me now. I work with PC's all day at work which makes me not want to use a PC as much when home.