Warhawk or Unreal Tournament III???

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vanheusen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 vanheusen
Member since 2005 • 182 Posts
take it like this....if u like run n gun FPS's then go wit UT3...its the best MP game out ther (well previous ones were, n thats wat i think, but i think alot of ppl can agree wit me...right ppl?? lol)
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
has anyone noticed that the ps3seems to be getting better online games the the 360?
sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
UT3 may be a fun game but so far the only thing i see good about it is the graphics.the fun factor may not be at the same level as warhawk. I need to see more gameplay videos because previous UT series wasn't as great as i expected. The weapons are too futuristic. They need guns that gives you the feel of an AK or modern heavy artillery. It seems waaaaaaay too fast pace for me. probably not my type of game , but i'll wait and see how it turns out. Really can't tell which is better at this point. If it can surpass Gears of War, i'm sold.
Morfessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 Morfessa
Member since 2005 • 854 Posts

UT3 is a whole different game. warhawk i 3rd person UT3 is first person. and one looks like you'de be playing it on a CPU over a PS3 because of the style of playClaw8k

You're kidding! UT3 and WarHawk are different games? Thanks for the update.
Please note that UT3 allows you to choose between 1st and 3rd person perspective, just like previous Unreal games do. A game that "looks like you'de be playing it on a CPU over a PS3 because of the [5tyl3] of play" means what, exactly? Do you understand that you have the option of using keyboard and mouse controls for the PS3's UT3? Do you you even know what 'CPU' means?

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#55 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Like many other people on these forums, I'm getting both.

I love Warhawk! I am so addicted to it right now. I play for hours and hours and hours on end; and I never get bored. Yes, there are things that could be added in to make it better (ie. body armor, strafing, rolling manuvers to dodge grenades, more maps, more vehicles, more weapons) but the game just came out. Patches are going to be made to fix the flaws and the game will be expanded. This is an excellent game to have in your PS3 library. It truly does demonstrate the power of the PlayStation Network.

I am very excited about the news over Unreal Tournament 3. It seems that Epic has no intention to playing second fiddle to Microsoft and Halo 3 this Winter. They have optimized the Unreal Engine for the PS3 and have added exclusive features that make their flagship product, Gears of War...JUST KIDDING...their flagship product, UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3, highly desirable.

Warhawk has proven to me that the online gaming experience on the PS3 can be every bit as good, if not better than Xbox Live. I mean seriously...I have no reason to ever go back to Xbox Live after playing Warhawk. I'm sold. It works. It's free. I'm happy.

Unreal Tournament is my favorite first person shooter. It is lightning fast and full of carnage. I use a Mac now so I haven't been able to play since the original came out, but I have very fond memories of it. The two games are similar in that you shoot other people, but that's about where the similarities end. They play very differently.

Think of Burnout versus Gran Turismo. Yeah, you drive a car, but you drive them VERY differently. Same idea here...

I'll be playing both games for a long time to come...

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I'm getting both. I got Warhawk because I like MP games, plus the reviews were good, plus everyone is getting it and I got the BR version for the same as the DL version a Headset for $20 which is usually sold for $60 and a game for $20 which is sold for $40, just seemed like a great deal for me. The headset also helps because the headset I was using before was not very good. I also got the BR version of Warhawk to use the headset for UT3.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 G-Legend
[QUOTE="Da_bomb101"][QUOTE="x-bot2007"]

buy warhawk if u want the headset, but if you don't download it

then take the 20 bucks and save it to get ut3 just get 40 buck in less than a month

Absynthetic

Unless you live up here in Canada like I do, in that case you can buy warhawk and the headset at best buy for 39.99. Which is cheaper then pretty much anyother ps3 game alone.

that is of course if you can find any in stock at best buy

or find a place that price matches and just grab the bb flyer

Get it on Raincheck that's what I did they didn't have any in-stock so im getting mine on raincheck which means they'll call me when they do have some in stock and I can pick it up for the on-sale price of 39.99 and you can get a BB flyer take it to future shop or EB and they'll match the price.

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts

I don't know if i should get warhawk because i'm really don't see anything that warhawk has to offer and UT III don't. Isn't warhawk useless when UT III is out on september 30 (less thant a month) because i think UT will be just as fun online but has more content and should'nt have new franchise flaws like warhawk (number of map and guns from what i heard,,,) Can any1 help me please?liquidass

buy both

Xenoww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Xenoww
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts
Dont forget that UT is moddable for the ps3 also
liquidass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 liquidass
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts
[QUOTE="gundamfan80"]

[QUOTE="liquidass"]I don't know if i should get warhawk because i'm really don't see anything that warhawk has to offer and UT III don't. Isn't warhawk useless when UT III is out on september 30 (less thant a month) because i think UT will be just as fun online but has more content and should'nt have new franchise flaws like warhawk (number of map and guns from what i heard,,,) Can any1 help me please?KurupSoldr

Ok first off, since when did UT3 drop on september 30th. Everywhere I go I see it at november 19th, but anyhow go with both if you can. Warhawk is hella-fun and so should UT3 so why miss out.

yah it is not its still later in the year still checking an old date my friend no UT3 in september

Sorry, you may be right, i took the date from the best buy (canada) website. Well overall most of us seems to agree that UT3 will be THE multiplayer experience of the year on the Ps3. As for those who say that warhawk as the advantage of being available now... hum... i'm so not in a rush, i can wait and won't get both, because i would rather like having games that offer different experience (like assassin creed or PES 2008). So now the only reason why i might get warhawk is because of this best buy deal in canada... (39.99 with the headset) in fact here the game is cheaper in store than it is on the PSN plus it comes with a headset that might be usefull for UT!
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 G-Legend
UT3 is out in November.
Pepsodentalspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 Pepsodentalspy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

WTF? UT3 ain´t coming in september dude. It´s coming in november! And this is a stupid question, because warhawk doesn´t really cost much and UT3 is coming a couple of moths later so you should buy them both.

At least that´s my plan! 8)

DragonXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 DragonXx
Member since 2004 • 887 Posts

wow, what a hard question.

both. Although UT3 will be better imo, they are both different games. Regardless of them both being aweosome, im more of an FPS kinda guy. Im actually more of a Mouse/Keyboard kinda guy when it comes to FPS, that why ill favor UT3 over WarHawk.

Get both and have fun with WarHawk until UT3 comes out, how hard is this damn question? lol

Igor19877891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Igor19877891
Member since 2003 • 1316 Posts

WOW is an MMORPG game, we are not talking about MMOs.

BTW any MMO game can be done on a console.

[QUOTE="sim_dude_uk"]Just get warhawk, its just plain fun. Plus u can fly, and have ground battles all at the same time, while UT3 is only fps.Lidve

LOLOLOLLO EVER PLAYED UT?

IT HAVE WEHICLES,AIRPLANES,EVERYTHING + more things that warhavk will never have

btw. u are bragging how u can play with 32 players online (pc could do that from time of early quake and ut),just let me make sure that u know that wow can support about 7000 players online in same time lol.On one server.