Wanted: Starhawk players

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

Hey guys i just picked up Starhawk yesterday and i'm loving it. I like shooters and that's what i've mostly played this gen but before this gen began i played mostly on the PC (and here and there with my PS2. But that's another story.) and used to play a lot of RTS with The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth 1. The hybrid genre LightBox Interactive has created is a fine meld of FPS and RTS gameplay and has made Starhawk one of the best multiplayer experiences to be had imo. Yet while i love this game, i feel not as directly involved with teammates as i'd like to be. What i'd like is some people to play with regularly and devise strategies with. If you enjoy Starhawk as i do, and also want someone to play with, please send me a message/friend request over PSN. My PSN ID should be in my sig.

GiveX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GiveX
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

Sent you a friends request :) Hope you accept!

Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

Just picked this one up.
Will add you when I get home :D
If anyone else wants to add me: PSN dilmah_dobson :D

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
add me, i been with warhawk since day one. and when starhawk beta came out i played nothing but that lol. anyways point being, love this game, going to be my shooter for next 2years at least. and im looking for ppl to join and play. i also have mic, damn this is sounding like a dating site lol........26 male, mic ready to rumble lol.anyways feel free to add me im actually off next few days. so ill be on
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I'm also ready to go especially after ditching my old worn out PS3. I have a mic as well and from the 2 matches I played online thngs are looking up for Starhawk. I would also like to learn some co-op strategies as well. While I'm talking about it does anyone have any good defensive methods against these new suped up Hawks? I mean sheesh I would at least like to have a duel with a hawk on the foot but now that there are those lobbing bombs its more like cat and mouse with those things.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gollum007

Cool i'll add you guys (and girls if any of y'all happen to be lol). Lol Joker, i was thinking the same thing about the way your comment was sounding and i have a mic too. Zidaneski i don't think there are many defenses against Hawks that do that but i would recommend building some beam turrets. If you have beam turrets on the inside of a bubble shield, it's better to keep only one (maybe two) and build a few outside the shield as well as some of the machine gun turrets on higher ground as close to the base as possible if possible.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gollum007

Also, i'm excited for the free map packs LightBox will be releasing. I really hope they give us some of the classic Warhawk maps. Archipelago would make for a great DM Dogfighting map. What do you guys think?

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

not adding anyone to my friends list for this since we don't need generic shooters. I feel very sorry for you since you like shallow games and generic gun stuff.

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gollum007

@soundcell: You have no idea the vast array of games and types of games i like. I wasn't going to give you a list of every game i've played and what i thought about each one if that's what you were expecting. I don't think anyone cares that we don't like all of the same games you do. Don't you have anything better to do with your time, troll? And i don't know what you're calling generic. Starhawk is far from generic and definitely one of a kind.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soundcellx

@soundcell: You have no idea the vast array of games and types of games i like. I wasn't going to give you a list of every game i've played and what i thought about each one if that's what you were expecting. I don't think anyone cares that we don't like all of the same games you do. Don't you have anything better to do with your time, troll? And i don't know what you're calling generic. Starhawk is far from generic and definitely one of a kind.

gollum007

how could starhawk possibly be "one of a kind"? It has gunz in it? pew pew pew pew!

RTS stuff? hell, even that horrible game Brutal Legend had rts stuff in it.

well, hope you aren't too mad at yourself once the game fails and drops to $20 next month

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="gollum007"]

soundcellx

how could starhawk possibly be "one of a kind"? It has gunz in it? pew pew pew pew!

RTS stuff? hell, even that horrible game Brutal Legend had rts stuff in it.

well, hope you aren't too mad at yourself once the game fails and drops to $20 next month

u know honestly i just think u have nothing better to do. whether u think its generic or not. i frankly dont care. as long as IM ENJOYING it, thats what matters. u say u feel sorry for us? well i feel sorry for u for not having an open mind, or at least try the game out with buddies, or even just not say anything and let those who enjoy it, enjoy it with peace. and all games drop in prices. and u say 20 bucks within a month? hahaha, man u crack me up. anywas. find something better to do with ur time, rather than coming here and bashing a game u dont like. which is fine i dont care if u do. like i said, as long as WE who are enjoying it like it thats all that matters.
willsoonbegone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 willsoonbegone
Member since 2003 • 401 Posts

Let's ignore the douche and get back on topic:

PSN: MPaullin

I have a mic (the one from Warhawk as a matter of fact), just gotta charge it when I get home.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soundcellx

i frankly dont care. as long as IM ENJOYING it, thats what matters. u say u feel sorry for us? well i feel sorry for u for not having an open mind, or at least try the game out with buddies, or even just not say anything and let those who enjoy it, enjoy it with peace. and all games drop in prices. and u say 20 bucks within a month? hahaha, man u crack me up. anywas. find something better to do with ur time, rather than coming here and bashing a game u dont like. which is fine i dont care if u do. like i said, as long as WE who are enjoying it like it thats all that matters.JoKeR_421
Uhhhm, you know I've played shooters for a few years and am sick of them, since all they do these days is they're all the samey and most of them are in corridors.

So yeah, if you have an open mind, you wouldn't play shooters, since shooter gamers are the most closed minded gamers. pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pewpew

well, the problem with other people enjoying bad generic shallow games is that if millions of people buy them, then the video game industry keeps on making more of them, until shooters are the only thing left, which is what you casual gamers are doing.

You are ****ing ruining gaming. Yes, you (points directly at you)

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]i frankly dont care. as long as IM ENJOYING it, thats what matters. u say u feel sorry for us? well i feel sorry for u for not having an open mind, or at least try the game out with buddies, or even just not say anything and let those who enjoy it, enjoy it with peace. and all games drop in prices. and u say 20 bucks within a month? hahaha, man u crack me up. anywas. find something better to do with ur time, rather than coming here and bashing a game u dont like. which is fine i dont care if u do. like i said, as long as WE who are enjoying it like it thats all that matters.soundcellx

Uhhhm, you know I've played shooters for a few years and am sick of them, since all they do these days is they're all the samey and most of them are in corridors.

So yeah, if you have an open mind, you wouldn't play shooters, since shooter gamers are the most closed minded gamers. pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pewpew

well, the problem with other people enjoying bad generic shallow games is that if millions of people buy them, then the video game industry keeps on making more of them, until shooters are the only thing left, which is what you casual gamers are doing.

thats the thing i DONT play all other shooters. im not into shooters. the only shooters i bought this gen. are killzone and resistance, thats it. oh besides warhawk and starhawk. so as u see i aint overloading my library with shooters. so thats why its not generic thats why it aint shallow. but again, find something better to do than crying about it and trying to hate on a game that ppl are trying to enjoy and liking it. probably the most stable online experience i had in past 2years. so hate all u want. im going to enjoy and support them so they keep making great games like this

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]i frankly dont care. as long as IM ENJOYING it, thats what matters. u say u feel sorry for us? well i feel sorry for u for not having an open mind, or at least try the game out with buddies, or even just not say anything and let those who enjoy it, enjoy it with peace. and all games drop in prices. and u say 20 bucks within a month? hahaha, man u crack me up. anywas. find something better to do with ur time, rather than coming here and bashing a game u dont like. which is fine i dont care if u do. like i said, as long as WE who are enjoying it like it thats all that matters.JoKeR_421

thats the thing i DONT play all other shooters. im not into shooters. the only shooters i bought this gen. are killzone and resistance, thats it. oh besides warhawk and starhawk. so as u see i aint overloading my library with shooters. so thats why its not generic thats why it aint shallow. and pointing at me? lol for what liking a game yea, real mature of u. again go find something better to do instead of coming here hating on something u dont like. trying to prove something? theres nothing to prove. and i hope they keep doing w.e it is that making u hate shooters. so u can quit gaming and just go do something more proactive than what u doing now.

Amen to that. Game devs are doing a great job getting soundcellx angry.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoKeR_421
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]Uhhhm, you know I've played shooters for a few years and am sick of them, since all they do these days is they're all the samey and most of them are in corridors.

H_M_1
thats the thing i DONT play all other shooters. im not into shooters. the only shooters i bought this gen. are killzone and resistance, thats it. oh besides warhawk and starhawk. so as u see i aint overloading my library with shooters. so thats why its not generic thats why it aint shallow. and pointing at me? lol for what liking a game yea, real mature of u. again go find something better to do instead of coming here hating on something u dont like. trying to prove something? theres nothing to prove. and i hope they keep doing w.e it is that making u hate shooters. so u can quit gaming and just go do something more proactive than what u doing now.

lol i know, i think im starting to like that lol.....i dont get it though i mean if u dont like a game ok u said ur 2cent now be on ur way. do u really have nothing to do or bored out of ur mind that u continually come here just to bash a game/shooter lol..............anyways back to topic. i still dont mind more ppl to be on my list that are frequent starhawk players. this game will be good for me for the next year or 2 so im going to need some active ppl. if u getting or got the game HM1, hit me up
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]i frankly dont care. as long as IM ENJOYING it, thats what matters. u say u feel sorry for us? well i feel sorry for u for not having an open mind, or at least try the game out with buddies, or even just not say anything and let those who enjoy it, enjoy it with peace. and all games drop in prices. and u say 20 bucks within a month? hahaha, man u crack me up. anywas. find something better to do with ur time, rather than coming here and bashing a game u dont like. which is fine i dont care if u do. like i said, as long as WE who are enjoying it like it thats all that matters.soundcellx

There is so much ignorance in that post !!! Starhwak is doing exactly the opposite you've said !!! It's a no coridor game, it actually makes you use your brain - you can't win by playing solo and rushing !!!

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]i frankly dont care. as long as IM ENJOYING it, thats what matters. u say u feel sorry for us? well i feel sorry for u for not having an open mind, or at least try the game out with buddies, or even just not say anything and let those who enjoy it, enjoy it with peace. and all games drop in prices. and u say 20 bucks within a month? hahaha, man u crack me up. anywas. find something better to do with ur time, rather than coming here and bashing a game u dont like. which is fine i dont care if u do. like i said, as long as WE who are enjoying it like it thats all that matters.DISSESHOWEDO

There is so much ignorance in that post !!! Starhwak is doing exactly the opposite you've said !!! It's a no coridor game, it actually makes you use your brain - you can't win by playing solo and rushing !!!

best thing to do is just ignore and stop feeding the troll. even though i should of stopped myself lol. but yea i love starhawk. its not just run and gun. u actually gotta work together and use ur brain, instead of camp in a corridor and wait for an enemy
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 H_M_1
[QUOTE="H_M_1"][QUOTE="JoKeR_421"] thats the thing i DONT play all other shooters. im not into shooters. the only shooters i bought this gen. are killzone and resistance, thats it. oh besides warhawk and starhawk. so as u see i aint overloading my library with shooters. so thats why its not generic thats why it aint shallow. and pointing at me? lol for what liking a game yea, real mature of u. again go find something better to do instead of coming here hating on something u dont like. trying to prove something? theres nothing to prove. and i hope they keep doing w.e it is that making u hate shooters. so u can quit gaming and just go do something more proactive than what u doing now.JoKeR_421

lol i know, i think im starting to like that lol.....i dont get it though i mean if u dont like a game ok u said ur 2cent now be on ur way. do u really have nothing to do or bored out of ur mind that u continually come here just to bash a game/shooter lol..............anyways back to topic. i still dont mind more ppl to be on my list that are frequent starhawk players. this game will be good for me for the next year or 2 so im going to need some active ppl. if u getting or got the game HM1, hit me up

Sorry man I don't think I would get into this game BUT I admire Starhawk in the same way that I can't get into God of War but like the series if you know what I mean. Doesn't mean I hate the game lol, just not sure if I'd get into it. However, one game I really want is Dust 514, I'm a team player and am not a glory hunter I like to help the team out a lot, I enjoy sniping. Which is what Starhawk is about right I.e. heavy teamwork?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoKeR_421
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="H_M_1"] Amen to that. Game devs are doing a great job getting soundcellx angry. H_M_1

Sorry man I don't think I would get into this game BUT I admire Starhawk in the same way that I can't get into God of War but like the series if you know what I mean. Doesn't mean I hate the game lol, just not sure if I'd get into it. However, one game I really want is Dust 514, I'm a team player and am not a glory hunter I like to help the team out a lot, I enjoy sniping. Which is what Starhawk is about right I.e. heavy teamwork?

yea i cant wait for dust 514, i been in the private beta since 2 months ago on ps3. its cool so far, but they need work. ill def be getting that game. wait, that game is going to be free lol so ill download it either way, and its cool man we all got our taste in games.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soundcellx

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]Uhhhm, you know I've played shooters for a few years and am sick of them, since all they do these days is they're all the samey and most of them are in corridors.

JoKeR_421

if you like gun geimez, u r tha troll

best thing to do is just ignore and stop feeding the troll. even though i should of stopped myself lol. but yea i love starhawk. its not just run and gun. u actually gotta work together and use ur brain, instead of camp in a corridor and wait for an enemy

Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

not adding anyone to my friends list for this since we don't need generic shooters. I feel very sorry for you since you like shallow games and generic gun stuff.

soundcellx
Wow, you are a total douche. No question.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 H_M_1
[QUOTE="H_M_1"][QUOTE="JoKeR_421"] lol i know, i think im starting to like that lol.....i dont get it though i mean if u dont like a game ok u said ur 2cent now be on ur way. do u really have nothing to do or bored out of ur mind that u continually come here just to bash a game/shooter lol..............anyways back to topic. i still dont mind more ppl to be on my list that are frequent starhawk players. this game will be good for me for the next year or 2 so im going to need some active ppl. if u getting or got the game HM1, hit me upJoKeR_421

yea i cant wait for dust 514, i been in the private beta since 2 months ago on ps3. its cool so far, but they need work. ill def be getting that game. wait, that game is going to be free lol so ill download it either way, and its cool man we all got our taste in games.

When will the open beta be out? I'm guessing that for the closed beta only eve members get access?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="H_M_1"] Sorry man I don't think I would get into this game BUT I admire Starhawk in the same way that I can't get into God of War but like the series if you know what I mean. Doesn't mean I hate the game lol, just not sure if I'd get into it. However, one game I really want is Dust 514, I'm a team player and am not a glory hunter I like to help the team out a lot, I enjoy sniping. Which is what Starhawk is about right I.e. heavy teamwork?H_M_1

When will the open beta be out? I'm guessing that for the closed beta only eve members get access?

no not really. im a GAP member, and i got in, never had any EVE membership before. but i also keep my PSN option open, i forgot what its called, but what i mean by option si that they are allowed to share my info with other sony and 3rd parties and they can send me emails and promotions whenever. i think newsletter or something lol i dont know, ohh and the open beta not sure if it will have one but probably in a month or two from what i hear. dont want to give any info not sure how serious they are about it made me go through a lot of user agreement lol. but the game is coming out this year i know that much

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

This game is just too awesome. Literally spent the whole day on one map with only ground vehicles. Was about to play co-op splitscreen but I left the disc inside my PS3, lol. I haven't even synched my headset with my new PS3. Hands-down the best online multiplayer game on PS3. Send me a request if you want, I'll be on early afternoon tomorrow.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

greensthooligan

Wow, you are a total douche. No question.

actually, I am not a douche since I don't like generic shootem (does shootem or shootie sound better?) games.

I am not a dudebro. I do not play gun games. I do not like wrestling, nascar, country music, fratjock stuff, emo/hipster crap, hip hop, or meathead stuff. So, I'm not a douche. You have a much higher chance than I do. So, I ask, are you one? (just asking, not saying you are or anything)

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 H_M_1

[QUOTE="H_M_1"][QUOTE="JoKeR_421"] yea i cant wait for dust 514, i been in the private beta since 2 months ago on ps3. its cool so far, but they need work. ill def be getting that game. wait, that game is going to be free lol so ill download it either way, and its cool man we all got our taste in games.JoKeR_421

no not really. im a GAP member, and i got in, never had any EVE membership before. but i also keep my PSN option open, i forgot what its called, but what i mean by option si that they are allowed to share my info with other sony and 3rd parties and they can send me emails and promotions whenever. i think newsletter or something lol i dont know, ohh and the open beta not sure if it will have one but probably in a month or two from what i hear. dont want to give any info not sure how serious they are about it made me go through a lot of user agreement lol. but the game is coming out this year i know that much

Ouch. I tick no to all that 3rd party stuff. I keep thinking I'd get junk e-mail. Oh well. Patience is a virtue. Anyway, on topic. Do you build defence systems and stuff in Starhawk. I saw a video for a bit but didn't really understand too much.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JoKeR_421
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

[QUOTE="H_M_1"] When will the open beta be out? I'm guessing that for the closed beta only eve members get access?H_M_1

Ouch. I tick no to all that 3rd party stuff. I keep thinking I'd get junk e-mail. Oh well. Patience is a virtue. Anyway, on topic. Do you build defence systems and stuff in Starhawk. I saw a video for a bit but didn't really understand too much.

yea depending on the mode u play. i always like to be in a group so we can split in to 2 different teams so one can defend the base if its CTF and the other retrieves the enemies flag.....so u start of by deploying a bunker, some beam turrets, a tank, and hawks and u go from there. honestly pretty strategic and gotta use ur head and some team work, i tried run and gunning and no luck, its too hard to do that. better to stay in groups of 2 or 3, always try to deploy a outpost which lets ur allies spawn. the close u are to enemy base the better. i really like it, most stable and fun i had in an online game for past year no doubt....ohh and some are junk mails which are promotions from sony and their devs. but its not a lot, like once a week when psn updates u get email about new stuff, if u enable that u have a better chance in getting in betas without needin to be ps+ member or GAP. thats how i help my friends out to get in betas lol, i normally get 3 codes at a time for every beta. thanks to GAP, ps+ and just for letting sony email me about stuff.