Vote: What did you think about Haze?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

illustrated212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 illustrated212
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts
Well, what did all you guys think about the Haze Demo?
Rich1631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rich1631
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts
I was letdown. Nothing innovative or original about Haze. The nectar is pretty much the evolution thing from Far Cry and I felt the level was both boring and linear. On the other side, the controls and aiming were phenominal. It felt real tight and responsive. The framerate was also silky smooth and crisp. So it was "ok" in my book. It was neither a "halo killer" or complete crap, just "meh".
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

Feels a bit hazey (always wanted to say that)

Seriously, waiting for it to DL on thursday.

other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts
solid framerate FTW!
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

solid framerate FTW!other44

yes that is extremely important

beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts

5FingersOfDeath

Lol did u think of that when the game was 1st announced and waiting forever to get a chance to say it?? Thats fun. Umm i havent played the demo yet, i hope to soon. but the game (while doesnt look like a halo killer) it certainly can compete against Halo. It looks like a game that people will enjoy the multiplayer tons because its very similar to the Halo Multiplayer.

walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts

[QUOTE="other44"]solid framerate FTW!DealRogers

yes that is extremely important

I'll take occasional slow downs over crappy gameplay any day of the week. Left me feeling like "that was it"
I'd give it a 'meh out of 5'
illustrated212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 illustrated212
So Far 17 votes for Good, 4 Votes for Bad! Sounds like the Demo Rules In my opinion then
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

5FingersOfDeath

haha thats good... and I agree 100%

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

Graphics I would say around the same level as Turok, but let's just hope they are better in the final game .. talking is cheap but I'm sure you get used to it ..

Gameplay .. amazing .. fast paced, great cross-hair, nectar is a cool idea, smooth as a babys ass, no drops in frame-rate at all .. really overall I will get getting this game, because I can tell the gameplay is fast and intense .. can't wait.

illustrated212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 illustrated212

Graphics I would say around the same level as Turok, but let's just hope they are better in the final game .. talking is cheap but I'm sure you get used to it ..

Gameplay .. amazing .. fast paced, great cross-hair, nextar is a cool idea, smooth as a babys ass, no drops in frame-rate at all .. really overall I will get getting this game, because I can tell the gameplay is fast and intense .. can't wait.

420Token420

Dude, you and me need to co-op it together bro! You down for it when it comes out?

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"]

Gameplay .. amazing .. fast paced, great cross-hair, nextar is a cool idea, smooth as a babys ass, no drops in frame-rate at all .. really overall I will get getting this game, because I can tell the gameplay is fast and intense .. can't wait.

illustrated212

Dude, you and me need to co-op it together bro! You down for it when it comes out?

:lol: I wrote Nextar instead of Nectar .. for sure man I'm getting it on May 20th, see ya online!

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

I already voiced my opinion;

Hum its actually not that bad for a demo, controls are pretty slick and the gfx are smooth, the jungle looks nice and lush though character moddels could be better, i notice that weapons fire insanely straight and seem to have no recoil even the rebel lobo, not sure if thats just a mantel trooper thing but i dont really like that, pretty much what Halo does with its weapons, actually the game kinda remùinds me of Halo in many ways minus the (retarded) moon jumping. For some reason the game sets itself as DTS and not Dolby Digital like most other games...

I already intended to get the game and this demo didnt put me off...

Bonus; at one out a guy shouted "Try that again tough guy and i'll gut ya like a 10 dollar hooker!"

gekidami

I liked it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
First time through, I didnt like it. Second time through, much better. Looks like I'll still be getting it but only under one condition and that has to be better graphics. I know the demo is based on lower resolution but I'd like to see the final product in it's full bound glory, first.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
frankly i thought it was slow and very boring. lame lame lame.
snazzydash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 snazzydash
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts
Wait there was a demo where
Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts

Wait there was a demo wheresnazzydash

Eu psn store. just make a european account.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts
Yeh not bad at all, had fun playing it.
monashieno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 monashieno
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts
i thought it was really fun. wen does it come out again?
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

your all insane that demo was awful ....

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts

I really think people are judging this game to early, FR have developed some of the best FPS games in history and I doubt they are going to loose their reputation through Haze. And besides, we've only seen a single player demo, they aren't exactly going to show off the best parts of Haze in a demo now are they?

Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
I liked it. Solid Frame Rate, good smooth controlls, lots of fast paced action and a good AI. I didn't even notice the graphics, but the demo isn't built off the final build anyway aparently so I'll reserve my judgment on that area ofter I've brought it.
figo16v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 figo16v
Member since 2004 • 395 Posts
needs some tweaking but otherwise its really good. I expect it to get better in the full game 8.5- 9.1 kinda range is my expectations
figo16v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 figo16v
Member since 2004 • 395 Posts
needs some tweaking but otherwise its really good. I expect it to get better in the full game 8.5- 9.1 kinda range is my expectations
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#25 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts

Visuals are great, not groundbreaking but polished and good. No complaint there.

Gameplay is very smooth as are the controls. Nectar is more significant and important than I orginally thought, its implementation is good but could have been used in more innovative ways. AI was great too. The story telling is also solid. All in all gameplay is smooth and great, the gun fights are solid and seen before. The game is worth getting if it has variety.

Azurathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Azurathe
Member since 2003 • 498 Posts

needs some tweaking but otherwise its really good. I expect it to get better in the full game 8.5- 9.1 kinda range is my expectationsfigo16v

PS3 exclusive. Subtract 1.0 points and youll have the GS score.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

[QUOTE="figo16v"]needs some tweaking but otherwise its really good. I expect it to get better in the full game 8.5- 9.1 kinda range is my expectationsAzurathe

you guys all complain of GS underrating exclusives, but you guys for the most part overrate ps3 exclusives... like this game.

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
It wasn't a bad demo but it didn't convince me.
al-128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 al-128
Member since 2005 • 304 Posts

[QUOTE="figo16v"]needs some tweaking but otherwise its really good. I expect it to get better in the full game 8.5- 9.1 kinda range is my expectationsAzurathe

I don't think losing points will have anything to do with being GS & and a PS3 game.

My thoughts on the demo:

Graphics: Not as good as they should have been quite honestly, the scenery actually reminded me of Far Cry (albiet on high). The character models are actually quite good, especially after a nectar take. At least it is all stable.

Gameplay: Nothing special, only noticable difference with nectar is glow from enemies and less damage; for what is made out to be a core aspect of the gameplay, it's really just an overglorified power-up. To compare I prefer Crysis on this front, a variety of powers, they can dramatically change gameplay,and in a number of cases don't make the game alot easier. AI seemed abit basic, occasionally saw my team mates running into each other and getting stuck in the environment, but the enemy managed to hit me a number of times (on normal).

Sound: The dialogue was atrocious, very Hollywood, american-ised, and yet tryed to have emotion. Should either go full out camp, or actually try to be serious. (They should take the pilot bit out before release). Guns and such seemed fine.

Other points: I didn't really like the default controls, but can easily change them so no biggy. I never saw anyone overdose, and become enraged; taken out or absent from demo.

It's not fair to rate the whole game from a demo, but I doubt I would give it higher than a 7. If you enjoy it though, that's fine, if it does get average reviews please try not to be too surprised :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
i loved the demo i dont know what every one is complaining about
andyplatinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 andyplatinum
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

Well, what did all yoI u guys think about the Haze Demo? illustrated212

I didn't know it was even up there =S

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

I was disappointed. And trust me, I really want the game to be very good.

It wasn't a bad demo. The framerate was smooth, even with co-op. I liked the fact that the controls were fully customizable but didn't like the fact that there wasn't any sprinting in the game. I think all FPS games should have a sprint feature. The secondary weapon (pistol) had a slow rate of fire. I hope that you can upgrade your weapons or be able to pick up better weapons. Fortunately, you can pick up a Rebel's gun to replace the pistol. The melee was weak. Just a simple gun butt.

The demo was way too short. And if you played co-op, you breezed through that short level in 3 minutes. The demo had that same jungle level that we have seen in so many vids. The voice acting was stupid. I was so bored. I wanted to play as a Rebel and try out the moves but only could play as a Mantel soldier. The nectar wasn't anything exciting. Juice up and you have the ability to track enemies as if you wore thermal goggles. You can also zoom in closer when using the scope.

With the demo, Free Radical showed practically nothing. Demos can leave a wrong impression and I hope there's more to the actual game. We'll see.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
I thought it was fun, maybe for the wrong reasons. I played co-op online and made my teammates overdose and watched them go at it. It was very entertaining and an interesting mechanic. Even when I overdosed, I actually went Rambo on all the enemies, and my teammates stayed out of sight. It worked well, because I just went berserk and killed a lot of enemies. As far as the story, it seems it may be a decent story, because I just recieved a weird vibe from the other Mantel troopers. I'm interested to know more.
LW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LW2
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The first level was very boring, nothing grabbed me, lousy voice over, stupid conversations, lousy AI. I just wanted more of a story more action way more, there was just nothing compelling.
Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blaiyze1
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
Seriously i hav an eu account and i jst cant find it i continuously go on and chek out the latest games and such but i get nothin the newest thing i've seen is the playstation day vid's.... Can anyone direct me?
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mazing87
Agreed. You nailed it.
The first level was very boring, nothing grabbed me, lousy voice over, stupid conversations, lousy AI. I just wanted more of a story more action way more, there was just nothing compelling.LW2
bluearmykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 bluearmykid
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
guys guys, it's tutorial level.... and remember, tutorials always suck but this one even kept me interrested for a while, the nectar twist is nice and could be a great thing for multiplayer and later on in the story.. the graphics are just decent, they're not ugly or something, just nothing special, it plays really smooth and the controls are very good and thight, as you'd expect from free radical
Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
I can't understand the people who claim how terrible this is... I pretty much love Halo type games. This game is very very Halo Like. Which to me is good. I would not call it a "Halo Killer" because I really see no need to Kill Halo. I love Halo. I don't like my XBox360 so much (Red Ring problems) but I love Halo. So my take on it is that it was quite good. The Graphics were very good in my opinion. From what I have seen in screen shots this is not even the best level. The Gameplay and Controls were Solid. I tweaked them to match my Halo / Call of Duty 4 scheme, which is always a welcome feature. After Playing through the Demo a 2nd an 3rd Time and "Messin" around a bit I noticed some cool stuff as welll. The Mantel guys will occasionally "Overdose" on their Nectar and offer some comical stupidity. Also, the Helicopter drops in some Free Hand Guys and you can shoot them off the Helicopter or off the Ropes!!! The Rope shot was quite difficult to pull off because they slide down pretty quick, but I wanted to see if I could. There is 4 Player Co-op, but the Demo only allowed 2 Split Screen... Meaning you could have 2 on 1 system and 2 on another. I hope that that is not the way it will end up. I'm really hoping that you can do 4 Players on 1 system, or 3 Players on 1 system with another online. That is what has been touted so far, so I am hoping that it simply was not in the Demo... All in all it seems this one has moved back on my list for sure. From what I have seen the Levels will offer some off the hook Vehicular combat as well. I wish there was some of that in the Demo as well, but I guess they wanted to leave us wanting more...
illustrated212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 illustrated212
SO 79 to 45 in favor of Haze! Still sounds like the Haze Demo is pretty decent from your guys vote!
Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts

I liked it, the gameplay was great fun and the controls were great.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

my impression was somewhere between those options.

the graphics were passable, but it seemed rather uninteresting and uninspired, and I wish they had gone a different direction with the dialogue, but I also know that theres a lot of things that aren't in the demo.

I almost feel like that part of the game, the early levels, are supposed to be generic and stupid, and the game changes tone once you leave mantel.

the only reason I'm not totally discounting it like I would other uninspired FPS games is because its being made by Free Radical, a company with a rather good pedigree.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mazing87
That's what I am banking on. Their rep.

the only reason I'm not totally discounting it like I would other uninspired FPS games is because its being made by Free Radical, a company with a rather good pedigree.

somesthetic
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
I think that FR releasing a Mantel demo is a bad idea. To me atleast, being a Mantel trooper doesn't seem interesting, it would be just another shooter. What I am looking forward to is the coop, multiplayer, and the rebel abilities. A Rebel demo would've shown what separates Haze from other shooters. I mean what other game allows you to steal an enemy's weapon and shoot them with it, or make the enemy overdose, or set traps for your enemy, or play dead? Those features are what interested me in Haze not the Mantel abilities. I'll give the demo a try tmrw when it comes to the US store. I expect a solid good game that has fun gameplay but doesn't really break any barriers.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 420Token420

your all insane that demo was awful ....

soren008

Firstly .. You're .. not your .. :)

Secondly you must be insane too, since everyone who states an opinion is insane .. :roll:

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

demo was pretty fun actually.

Graphics: Faces not as sharp as well as backround. Also, foilage doesnt move at all when you run through, and playing in a dense jungle kinda throws that off.

Gameplay: Pretty fun, nectar is really good for finding enemies, and taking less damage. Nectar foresight didnt really come into play and there arent enough situations were you need to beat down your enemy (hopefully that will change) Gunfights were good as well, but theres no rumble when you shoot....only on explosions which felt awkward for me.

Overall: Pretty solid, nothing mindblowing but definatly much better than most shooters, might turn out interesting - not sure about $60 purchase though

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#47 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
Not really a bad game. Great control and Nectar was really cool and will be implemented well.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Not good, not bad, just very mediocre.
ICEMAN9800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ICEMAN9800
Member since 2006 • 657 Posts
overall I'm sold I really liked it, it played and looked great
StanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 StanAce
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts

Like what others said, Haze felt really generic...

It wasn't that the game was bad (like Area 51, Timeshift), but it just wasn't good either. There is absolutely nothing that will compel you to continue playing this game... unless you happen to really like a built-in "wall-hack" function.