This topic is locked from further discussion.

dberuvides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dberuvides
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

Is it optional or will it install itself the first time you put the game in like Resistance?

whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts

Is it optional or will it install itself the first time you put the game in like Resistance?

dberuvides
Resistance doesn't install to your hard drive...
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
[QUOTE="dberuvides"]

Is it optional or will it install itself the first time you put the game in like Resistance?

whitey6

it does put some files on your HDD, under "Game FIles". its about 167mb.
whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts
[QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="dberuvides"]

rahzel54

Isn't that just your save game stuff? Lol I guess not , 167mb save game file would be crazy.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
It will be in order to further shorten load times
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
[QUOTE="rahzel54"][QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="dberuvides"]

whitey6

Isn't that just your save game stuff? Lol I guess not , 167mb save game file would be crazy.

nah, save files are really small and are under the Saved data section, i think. i think the "Game Data" section is for when games put things on your HDD. i'm not quite sure on this, but thats what i'm guessing. i made a thread asking this question.
UltimateGogeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UltimateGogeta
Member since 2005 • 658 Posts
its optional it asks you at the beginning if you want to install it
sun_devils23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sun_devils23
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts

the install for resistance is for online purposes....if you go to options when on resistance online and click soldier loadout you will see that you can customize your own soldier and as you gain rankings and new ribbons/achievements new things become available for your soldier.

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="rahzel54"][QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="dberuvides"]

rahzel54

nah, save files are really small and are under the Saved data section, i think. i think the "Game Data" section is for when games put things on your HDD. i'm not quite sure on this, but thats what i'm guessing. i made a thread asking this question.

i have been wondering about this as well, i did not hear that it isntalled itself, but there is definitely about 167 mb saved on my ps3
sun_devils23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sun_devils23
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts

the install for resistance is for online purposes....if you go to options when on resistance online and click soldier loadout you will see that you can customize your own soldier and as you gain rankings and new ribbons/achievements new things become available for your soldier.

sun_devils23

what i said earlier is the 167 mb file on your ps3

ephoenix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ephoenix6
Member since 2004 • 434 Posts
[QUOTE="rahzel54"][QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="rahzel54"][QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="dberuvides"]

Imallvol7

i have been wondering about this as well, i did not hear that it isntalled itself, but there is definitely about 167 mb saved on my ps3

that is definately the save game file, it's just bigger than usual because developers know the ps3 has hard drive space so they don't have to compress the save game data, just look at the back of an xbox game case. plus, the entire game itself is approximately 22gb not 167 mb
ephoenix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ephoenix6
Member since 2004 • 434 Posts
in other words the game is approximately 22 billion bytes, not 167 million bytes
unkosando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 unkosando
Member since 2004 • 37 Posts
Just got my VF5 yesterday, it's an optional install to the HDD, asks you when you first start it up, and is 2.4Gb.
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
I'm sure it will require storing some files on your ps3. The article about Oblivion on GS mentioned something about being able to "cache gigs of information on the ps3 to decrease loading times" or something similar (I kind of paraphrased). I just hope it doesn't stick over 2Gb of information on my HDD. I've kind of been considering buying a 120Gb external drive. Maybe this is the excuse I'm looking for :D
Avatar image for Mancow_wrestler
Mancow_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mancow_wrestler
Member since 2006 • 1249 Posts
It will be in order to further shorten load times
kenshinhimura16
From what I understand, it'll be long load times without installing on the HD and shorter load times with it installed...
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="rahzel54"][QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="rahzel54"][QUOTE="whitey6"][QUOTE="dberuvides"]

ephoenix6

that is definately the save game file, it's just bigger than usual because developers know the ps3 has hard drive space so they don't have to compress the save game data, just look at the back of an xbox game case. plus, the entire game itself is approximately 22gb not 167 mb

That 167Mb "Game Data" file is NOT a save file! It is files from the game that it puts on the ps3 to reduce loading times! The save file is only 160Kb-ish. It fits on my 128Mb camera card that's already over half full. I had to keep it on my SD card when I reformatted my hard drive. The game takes about 10 seconds to load the stuff up on your ps3 and can be deleted, but you have to reinstall it before you can play RFOM again. If you don't believe me delete the "game data utility" file for resistance, load up the game and pay attention to the first screen you get.