valkyria chronicles great game lost in the rubble

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

played this game.. is it me or this ones a diamond in the rough??? like it was really done well.....you can tell they put their heart and soul into developing this one...

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
It's a great game, and still my favourite PS3 game to date. I don't think they did any favours with the demo, though, which throws you into the most boring missions in the game (by far). It also has that pervasive Japanese style which may be offputting to some people...and as much as I like the game, some of the cutscenes go on a bit long. I'm still annoyed the sequel ended up being a PSP game, as it suffered from being shoehorned onto a handheld with more limited memory.
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

yea i was disappointed the sequel was on psp as well....i wished it to be on ps3...

it seems like most modern games have a quick action packed storyline that rushes players into it by grabbing their attention with flashy stuff...

I think i kind of like how VC eased into their storyline...

and ya the cutscenes are long lol....it felt like i was watching a Anime...but i kinda liked it

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

the game suffers from being an exclusive when PS3 had not yet picked up its momentum, though i do believe subsequent sales have improved greatly.

i was extremely disappointed by the franchise's migration to PSP, probably for good. i'm seriously comtemplating getting a PSP just for VC2/3.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

Demo was rubbish unfortunately but the game itself is absolutely amazing, one of the best this gen indeed. Such a shame they didnt promote it more and such a shame sequel is on a freaking PSP which I will never play.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Yeah it really did not get the support it deserved which is why it went to the PSP. I loved the demo then had to find it which was hard not any stores had it which may be why it did not get support. I had to order it online.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
its good, but just not my cup of tea
Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#8 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

I think the anime is what kills it for a lot of people

PSN-SCRODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSN-SCRODE
Member since 2008 • 652 Posts

I absolutly loved it. Such a great game. I wish VC 2 came to the ps3

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It's an ok game.

[spoiler] m [/spoiler]

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
It's not lost. Reading this board every day makes it very clear that the game is well supported.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I've been meaning to pick this up, though I don't think their heart and soul was put into making a game made for profit. Regardless, it is ashame that the sequel is only on the psp (even though I have one it would've been nice to be able to play 2 of them on a much larger screen). The demo actually got me into it because it's something fresh for the ps3.

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
I didn't know about the game until after I've seen the anime series. Without that one I would have missed this nice strategie game. Now I bought VC2 today even though I don't even own a PSP yet. The new boyfriend of my sister just lent it to me in exchange for a few PS3 games and I used this opportunity.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

It was probably the only SRPG I loved before I randomly stumbled into Fire Emblem and Disgaea.:P

Oh my gah VC is amazing.:D Not to mention it had Vyse & Aika as playable characters and a Fina cameo with her as the Medic!:D

PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

Really, really underrated game. It's sad that this generation overlooks games like these buts drools over the same old rehashed fps year after year.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Everyone always says this but I don't think its true. Yes at first it was in the shadows, but its pretty well known now and has received critical acclaim and numerous awards. Its hardly lost in the rubble.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Really, really underrated game. It's sad that this generation overlooks games like these buts drools over the same old rehashed fps year after year.

PolygonBust

I don't think I could have said it better myself. Valkyria Chronicles is excellent and a true gem.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

played this game.. is it me or this ones a diamond in the rough??? like it was really done well.....you can tell they put their heart and soul into developing this one...

uso_outkast

omg u can't be serious...