This topic is locked from further discussion.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts

Anyone know of any RPGs hitting PS3 in the near future.

Obviously FF, but any more?

Thanks in advance :)

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

White Knight Story

Fallout 3

Valkyrie of the Battlefield

Disgaea 3

Borderlands

The Last Remnant

bobbyD213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bobbyD213
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&category=Role-Playing&platform=1028&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

not that many. Check out folklore, eternal sonata, Oblivion, if you haven't already.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fenwickhotmail

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&category=Role-Playing&platform=1028&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

not that many. Check out folklore, eternal sonata, Oblivion, if you haven't already.

bobbyD213

thinking about folklore, what did you think of it?

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Folklore is just AWESOME, completely underrated..

IMO we have to many Japanese, or turn based RPGs on the PS3, need some Western ones - more like Oblivion...

megadeth78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 megadeth78
Member since 2005 • 2676 Posts

too many rpgs? where?

Valkyrie looks pretty interesting. Also, isn't it called White Knight Chronicles now?

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fenwickhotmail

IMO we have to many Japanese, or turn based RPGs on the PS3, need some Western ones - more like Oblivion...

GnR-SLaSh

Don't under estimate the power of JRPG! No, i know many people don't like them; it would be nice to see a bit more variety.

Ill have a look at Folklore then, many thanks :)

Avatar image for morongbethename
morongbethename

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 morongbethename
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts

GnR-SLaSh

I myself prefer a good japanese rpg they usually have a more in depth story and characters, also more inspired art style. And what are these numerous rpg on ps3 you speak of?????

Avatar image for TruthOpinionSpk
TruthOpinionSpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TruthOpinionSpk
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts

I really wish for a better year when it comes to RPGs. A lot is coming out for the 360, but they're MOSTLY cookie cutter Japanese RPGs published by Square-Enix. Final Fantasy is one of the few that isn't cookie cutter but is becoming moreso each release they put out. What pisses me off are the insane levels of skill and strength these characters possess ... and though I know it is all for the sake of entertainment, this weird arrogance trickles down to some of the younger gamers. The ones who scream at you in Xbox Live now. So I am not totally into the Final Fantasy ever since Advent Children came out (I know it's a movie, go die), unless of course that Final Fantasy is older than 12. Thankfully, most of them are.

Uh, but the PS3 lacks RPGs and I'm not sure if that is good or bad. Would I have appreciated Final Fantasy VIII as much if the graphics were crazy amazing awesome? And to date, haven't the best RPGs had characters that were either super deformed or gritty as hell? I don't know. I can't remember a good RPG since Grandia 2, which was first out for the Dreamcast and then Playstation 2. By no means a perfect game, but I played it for a week straight. The last time I did that? ... well, Far Cry 2, which is ... now. But that's not EXACTLY roleplaying!

Valkyria has come out recently, and it is good ... more of the cell-shaded art, which I hate, but it does have an interesting feel. I heard of another JRPG in the works other than FF XIII, and it looks to be pretty awesome.

But it'll probably be here in Nov '09, so we'll see.