This topic is locked from further discussion.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
So I just completed Uncharted 3 yesterday and I was thinking whether they would make a new Uncharted. Done a google search and came across this: http://www.psu.com/a018135/Uncharted-4-confirmed-by-voice-actor-Graham-McTavish- What do you guys think? Should there be a new uncharted? What setting should it occur in?
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
No. I love Uncharted but I rather them work on othe new stuff, and then maybe like, 4 years from now the make an Uncharted 4 on the PS4
Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

No, the series is seriously stale now. IMO U2 was the only one worth a damn but 3 was ok. They need to move on...

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I think the games are great, all of them, especially 2 & 3, but I can wait a while for an Uncharted 4. I imagine another Uncharted game will be inevitable within a few years of the PS4's release, and I would like to see what they can with that. But for now I'm stoked about The Last of Us, which should be a great change of pace instead of having another Uncharted game so soon.
xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

i love the uncharted series, first thing i played when i bought a ps3, but id rather see new ip and such from them. hopefully they can think another great series like they have with uncharted.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Uncharted 4 plot, confirmed by Amy Hennig on the UC3 forums

Drake should be addicted to heroin in this game because he is depressed that he lost his precious ring. We find out that a mexican drug cartel stole Elena from him because he couldn't pay for his heroin, since he is the world's must unsuccessful treasure hunter. Elena goes like "**bleep**" and Drake says something witty to himself. Drake gets Chloe to help him out with saving Elena because fundraising the money is out of the question. About 3/4 of the way through the mexican drug cartel gets **bleep** off and shoots Elena in the face. She dies because no one can survive being shot in the face. Drake goes "ZOMG NO!" Then he proceeds to bone Chloe because he has wanted to tap that **bleep** since she agreed to help him out. 9 months pass and it turns out Chloe gives birth to a demon baby that looks sort of like a cross between Jay Leno and the alien from Alien. Chloe goes right into **bleep** kicking mode because she is awesome like that. The Jay Leno-Alien hybrid goes on a rampage eventually winding up on Elena's grave. Drake follows it because he has to kill the Jay Leno-Alien hybrid son of his, bring up the question what has Chloe been banging? Anyways Drake defeats the final boss and it's blood seeps down to Elena's remains and it brings her back to life. Still, since she is buried 6 feet underground she dies again and no one ever finds out that she was resurrected and passed away to begin with making that entire scene pointless (thanks ND). Wait there is a twist! It turns out Sully totally wanted to bone Elena so he masterminded "Elena's" death. It was just an Elena life model decoy and he and the real Elena ran off to, like the island from Uncharted 1 because they figure that Drake would be bat**bleep** crazy to go back there again...

Little do they know what ND has in store for them in Uncharted 5...

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

if a U4 happens it will be PS4.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

Since Uncharted is so popular I think an Uncharted 4 is to be expected. I really want Naughty Dog to do Jak 4 on the PS4. lol

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Even though UC 2 was the best in the series, UC 3 was still a great game so I don't understand how anyone can call the series "stale". Madden and Assassins Creed are stale series. You may even put Resident Evil series in that category.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
On the PS4 sure.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Even though UC 2 was the best in the series, UC 3 was still a great game so I don't understand how anyone can call the series "stale". Madden and Assassins Creed are stale series. You may even put Resident Evil series in that category.

BH14
True. The article doesn't confirm an uncharted 4, release on PS4 would be the obvious thing to do. Looking forward to the Last of Us.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Uncharted is now the flagship Playstation mascot, so of course they are making an Uncharted 4. Probably will be released fall of 2014.

wlkownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wlkownz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
We will see it in December !
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Only for PS4.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

No, the series is seriously stale now. IMO U2 was the only one worth a damn but 3 was ok. They need to move on...

sleepnsurf
^This. I think three games in a series is adequate. Anything more than that and you severely risk diminishing returns and tarnishing the brand. I'd rather they come up with a new series
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongBlackVine

Move on from the strongest franchise on the PS right now and the only system seller? Sony won't milk Uncharted like Halo, but the story has not been finished yet...

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I will never understand the lack of love for Uncharted 3, given it's better than 2 in a number of areas. But Uncharted is quite unique, giving the player an assortment of gameplay elements to utilize. Whereas Max Payne 3 or Vanquish simply focus on the shooting element and cover, Uncharted allows stealth, traversal, hand-to-hand, cover based shooting, and even puzzles. Many of these elements can be strung together in a single gameplay sequence allowing the player a myriad of options to tackle a situation with.

Add in the highest quality setpiece levels of any video game out there, great sound design, incredible visuals and production values across the board, deep customizable multiplayer, local splitscreen and co-op, fun adventurous story and characters. It's a fantastic package and a series which has made plenty of progress.

Some keep saying that they should move on and make a new I.P, which they already are. It's called The Last Of Us.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StrongBlackVine

I will never understand the lack of love for Uncharted 3, given it's better than 2 in a number of areas. But Uncharted is quite unique, giving the player an assortment of gameplay elements to utilize. Whereas Max Payne 3 or Vanquish simply focus on the shooting element and cover, Uncharted allows stealth, traversal, hand-to-hand, cover based shooting, and even puzzles. Many of these elements can be strung together in a single gameplay sequence allowing the player a myriad of options to tackle a situation with.

Add in the highest quality setpiece levels of any video game out there, great sound design, incredible visuals and production values across the board, deep customizable multiplayer, local splitscreen and co-op, fun adventurous story and characters. It's a fantastic package and a series which has made plenty of progress.

Some keep saying that they should move on and make a new I.P, which they already are. It's called The Last Of Us.

contracts420

Yes I actually enjoyed Uncharted 3 more than Uncharted 2 except for the ending which was too similar.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Of course they will, and of course they should.  Gamers and critics love the series.

When Naughty Dog does Uncharted 4, it will surely be for the PS4, and make no mistake - it will be absolutely stunning.

Ada-Wong-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ada-Wong-Fan
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts

I Expect Uncharted 4 Get Announced For PS4 During February 20 Event

I Hope Move Support For Game Also Support Dual Shock Controller, New Controller

Release Date: Launch Game if Not Then First Half 2014

Game Filesize: 70GB (2-50GB Blue Ray Disc)

4 Hours of Cutscenes With Opening, Ending.

Co Op Side Story Mode Takes Place Between Uncharted 3 and 4

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

ucharted was a good series and a great representation of what naughty dog can do..

if they let uncharted be just imagine all the other great original games we will have in the future eg. The Last of Us

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Love the series and I'm almost 100% sure we will see Uncharted 4 at some point. It would make more sense to have it released on the PS4, especially as a launch title.

Look forward to it whenever it's released. 

adamg78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 adamg78
Member since 2004 • 636 Posts

I would love to see Uncharted 4 on PS4 but see more improvements like open world would be awesome 

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I would love to see Uncharted 4 on PS4 but see more improvements like open world would be awesome 

adamg78

The game relies so much on pacing and story telling that I can't see how an open world would work with Uncharted.

If anyone could figure it out I think the masters at ND could do it, I just can't see how it could work without disrupting the pacing and story telling, something that the game relies on heavily.

DenzelFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DenzelFreeman
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
They should definatly go for it. As much as I wish they would focus on the last of us and add into that I can't argue with a new uncharted. The series has been great and each game has stood on itself as enjoyable. Like I said I'd rather see a last of us sequel but uncharted 4 sounds great.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

They could just as easily move on and do a series with TLoU, which I believe is as beloved as the Uncharted games.

My guess is they're doing both. There's 2 teams at Naughty Dog -- I'm guessing one team is working on UC4 and one team is working on TLoU 2. It's been known that the B team there has been working on a next gen game since UC3.

Avatar image for ScottishGamer97
ScottishGamer97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ScottishGamer97
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Personally, I think a direct sequel is unlikely. Naughty Dog have never made a "4th" game in their franchises; it has always been a spin-off. Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot's 4th game was a racing spin off game. Does that mean we'll see an Uncharted racing game? :shock: Probably not (thankfully), but a spin-off, like Golden Abyss on the Vita, on the PS4 is a possibility. Golden Abyss wasn't developed by Naughty Dog, however, as they only oversaw its production by another studio. In terms of Naughty Dog's future on the PS4, it may be centered around The Last of Us 2/3, as I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the names had been filed for use by Sony, or something like that. Naughty Dog say that they pushed the PS3 to its limits with The Last of Us, so in order to advance the series, it would be logical to produce its sequels on the PS4, that is, of course, they are actually planning on producing sequels to The Last of Us.

emvv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 emvv
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Absolutely loved this series and I'd be surprised if they don't have at least a trailer at TGS.  I was hoping for one at E3 but that was right before TLOU came out so fair enough...

Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
Uncharted 4 would make a good launch title for the PS4.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

They should save it for next gen. As for the plot, maybe about the Freemasons or something to that effect?

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts
[QUOTE="H_M_1"]So I just completed Uncharted 3 yesterday and I was thinking whether they would make a new Uncharted. Done a google search and came across this: http://www.psu.com/a018135/Uncharted-4-confirmed-by-voice-actor-Graham-McTavish- What do you guys think? Should there be a new uncharted? What setting should it occur in?

As much as I love uncharted, I think they should stop at 3. In games like
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

id like to see a new one eventually.. not right now though, maybe in like 3 or 4 years. id rather them do some new stuff first

BiggChonies882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BiggChonies882
Member since 2012 • 126 Posts
More Uncharted. All the time. Every time. Please more Uncharted now!!!
colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts
Boring discussion to dig up...
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

They should release a different game before Uncharted 4. maybe TLOU 2... or whatever else.

That will build the hype up & help it even more to be the established No.1 exclusive on the console.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#36 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Uncharted is successful and highly acclaimed Playstation franchise. Naughty Dog have 2 teams remember so we will see Drake on PS4.