BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Just a quick question my fellow PlayStation Nation, now this may sound stupid because I am stupid but what exactly will happen when we play PS3 games that make their way on to the PS4 in regards to trophies?

Like for example if The Last of Us does indeed come on the PS4 (I have finished it on my PS3) will the trophy count just continue, or will it start from the start at 0%?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, but yeah just wondering is all.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Good question

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Depends on what the developers do. They can do it either way. I feel fairly confident that they will be separate though, at least in regards to TLOU. It's not really a dumb question either,

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Kaze_no_Mirai: Thanks for the reply, and I hope the trophies aren't separate. It'd look weird if the same game appears twice on your PSN profile.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

they are treated as separate games, so you can get the trophies again...

i have bf4, cod: ghosts and fifa 14 (there wasn't any upgrade option so i had to pay the full price twice fot fifa) on both ps3 and ps4 and there are two separate entries on trophy list for each game...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre

@MondasM: That actually does make sense, I guess it's not too bad considering I can double up on those trophies, who doesn't love trophies? Thanks again guys.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

well, i only got some trophies twice on fifa, since i have played bf4 and cod only online on ps3, not to spoil the joy i would get out of their campaigns on ps4... :)

MissMonroe1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By MissMonroe1995
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

it just continues, my brother got a ps4 and i got his ps3 but anyways he had over 500 trophies and played X amount of games and when you set up the ps4 you transfer your ps3 profile to the ps4 with your online profile and now ive deleted my brothers profile on the ps3 and now his ps4 profile has over 500 trophies and X amount of games etc etc and they're treated as separate although i think it really depends on the game like on black flag its like the same game

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Great Question and i have an ANSWER!

It all depends on the developer. I know games like Hotline Miami that are released on PS3 and PS Vita and are making their way to the PS4 will not have a new trophy set to collect because it is all shared across Console, so if you got the platinum on ps3 you will not get a platinum for the ps4 because you already have those trophies. So it's all up to the dev if they want to make it separate or connect maybe even sync trophies like Sound Shapes for double platinum ;).

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I don't trophy hunt but I might get The Last of Us for PS4 just to get an easy plat if they are separate trophies from PS3. I don't mind going through that one two more times to get it either.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I think Tomb Raider on PS4 had separate trophies from PS3, and they were exactly the same if I'm not mistaken.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah, it's typically the case that games across platforms will have the same set of trophies even though they count as separate lists. There are several games you can "double plat". But that means earning the same trophies over. One exception is Sound Shapes, which keeps track of the same save across all of its versions or something, so you can earn all the trophies across 3 systems, with the PS4 having 3 versions somehow, meaning I've seen people have all the trophies for this game 5 times over. I personally think that's stupid and shouldn't be possible, but oh well.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Just a quick question my fellow PlayStation Nation, now this may sound stupid because I am stupid but what exactly will happen when we play PS3 games that make their way on to the PS4 in regards to trophies?

Like for example if The Last of Us does indeed come on the PS4 (I have finished it on my PS3) will the trophy count just continue, or will it start from the start at 0%?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, but yeah just wondering is all.

So far that i know, if it is cross buy, then yes. Like Sound Shapes, flower, etc. But not if the game is a standalone. Like Tomb Raider for example

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre

Thanks for all the solid answers everyone, appreciate it. Too bad I have over 900 trophies that I racked up on both PS3/PS4 and not a single Plat =( I should make it a goal this year, and try to platinum a game.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@RiKanKiDD said:

Great Question and i have an ANSWER!

It all depends on the developer. I know games like Hotline Miami that are released on PS3 and PS Vita and are making their way to the PS4 will not have a new trophy set to collect because it is all shared across Console, so if you got the platinum on ps3 you will not get a platinum for the ps4 because you already have those trophies. So it's all up to the dev if they want to make it separate or connect maybe even sync trophies like Sound Shapes for double platinum ;).

Sound Shapes is actually a triple plat...PSV, PS3 and PS4. There is nothing more rewarding than playing a game once and getting three platinums. That many trophies were popping I thought it was a popcorn machine out of control. 0_o