Tomonobu Itagaki ***No Ninja Gaiden II for PS3

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

wthell is wrong with Itagaki, what is his plan for the PS3.... NGII Sigma for the PS3?

Look at that pool of blood.

silver2kone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 silver2kone
Member since 2003 • 207 Posts
Sorry to say but I never liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma and just sold it last week.... I'm probably the only one, but it did nothing for me.
locklain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locklain
Member since 2004 • 177 Posts

Sorry to say but I never liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma and just sold it last week.... I'm probably the only one, but it did nothing for me.silver2kone

Trust me your not the only one. . .

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
i ran through the NGS game on PS3 on all the Difficulty's the first week, (i'm so used to the games that they are not even hard anymore :/ ) so i kinda have to agree with silver2kone.. there are just so many other enjoyable games out there that are just as easy to beat. lol.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
Kind of a given being that it is being published by Microsoft, which is smart on their part, they need it for their not so impressive '08 lineup. (Though more games can pop-up by E3, I am not trying to sound all fanboyish)
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
NG2 is published by Micrsoft. Itagaki hates the PS3 so I don't think he will ever work on it but Hiyashi the guy who made Sigma could make another NG for PS3
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
That's a darn shame. Ninja Gaiden is the best action game out there. The only people who dislike it are the people who don't have the skill to beat it.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zeforgotten

That's a darn shame. Ninja Gaiden is the best action game out there. The only people you dislike it are the people who don't have the skill to beat it.BioShockOwnz

i dislike it, but i've beaten Ninja Gaiden Sigma? :? as i said (if you actually had time to read through other posts in a topic) beat the game in a week, and it was boring.. well. sure there was blood and heads fell off :P but.. still it's just the same old same old.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#9 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]That's a darn shame. Ninja Gaiden is the best action game out there. The only people you dislike it are the people who don't have the skill to beat it.zeforgotten

i dislike it, but i've beaten Ninja Gaiden Sigma? :? as i said (if you actually had time to read through other posts in a topic) beat the game in a week, and it was boring.. well. sure there was blood and heads fell off :P but.. still it's just the same old same old.

Yea, i have to agree, the game was good, great even, but it never stood out to me. You run, you jump you mash on buttons, it's all the same thing. Masochists who beat it on hard levels are the ones who say it's the greatest game of all time.

And for the record NG 2 is being published by Microsoft, who funded the game, so that's out of the picture.

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts

[QUOTE="silver2kone"]Sorry to say but I never liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma and just sold it last week.... I'm probably the only one, but it did nothing for me.locklain

I second that...

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="locklain"]

[QUOTE="silver2kone"]Sorry to say but I never liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma and just sold it last week.... I'm probably the only one, but it did nothing for me.jdt532

I second that...

Thirded.

It's not a bad game at all. But it's nothing that left a lasting impression on me. Good once through, now I'm set.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
NG is cool. But...srsly... Casual gamers avoid this game!!You will kill yourself after trying to beat the 1st level 100 times
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
ngs was crap, no way can it compare to games like zelda or god of war, itagaki is just another arrogant n00b
Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts
Good, I don't want it. On that subject, I don't care for Itagaki or Ninja Gaiden. I do like Dead or Alive, though. I believe it's an exceptional fighting game. Though Ninja Gaiden? I never felt any satisfaction from it. No Dead or Alive 5 for PS3 would probably bum me out
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

Good, I don't want it. On that subject, I don't care for Itagaki or Ninja Gaiden. I do like Dead or Alive, though. I believe it's an exceptional fighting game. Though Ninja Gaiden? I never felt any satisfaction from it. No Dead or Alive 5 for PS3 would probably bum me outXire_XII

dead or alive isnt that good of fighting game too, only get it for the boobs

khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts

why r ppl making these 'NG 2 for PS3' or 'Not for PS3' threads? Do you see or know of the line up thats in store for PS3 next year? Will u have enough in your wallet to buy ALL of those games let alone the time to play all of them? Seriously it might be a good thing that we're not getting this game....sheesh how much to you expect gamers to unload in one year? :P

And i agree with what a previous poster said that the line up for the 'other system' is not looking so hot...so of course Itagaki will try and make it look like the PS3 will be lacking something next year when it is clearly the opposite!

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="Xire_XII"]Good, I don't want it. On that subject, I don't care for Itagaki or Ninja Gaiden. I do like Dead or Alive, though. I believe it's an exceptional fighting game. Though Ninja Gaiden? I never felt any satisfaction from it. No Dead or Alive 5 for PS3 would probably bum me outkingtahktahkhuk

I prefer it over Tekken. Although, Virtua Fighter is the best.

justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

That's a darn shame. Ninja Gaiden is the best action game out there. The only people who dislike it are the people who don't have the skill to beat it.BioShockOwnz

I beat it, i will play God of War of Ninja Gaiden any day.

rocklegacy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 rocklegacy2
Member since 2005 • 8428 Posts
Look at everyone shrugging of Sigma all of a sudden. *facepalm*
hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

I beat it, i will play God of War of Ninja Gaiden any day.justin_06

I agree (assuming you are saying God of War OVER Ninja Gaiden any day, that is...)

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

mark my words... this game will not be as good as the first. I dont know why but when games switch things up the sequel is not as good. remeber devil may cry 2...

also the story is kinda bland... and i think most ps3 owners crave a good story.

Avatar image for Psychadelichaos
Psychadelichaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Psychadelichaos
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
sigma is supposedly is easier then the original so maybe if its too easy try playing the original then decide if its a bad game
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts

after seeing the new video I must say Ryu runs strange ...like he's stuffed or something >_>

oh well...:| I can live without it :x

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SemiMaster

Look at everyone shrugging of Sigma all of a sudden. *facepalm*rocklegacy2

Ever thought some people don't care for it?

I own EVERY system that Ninja Gaiden has been on, the NES, the Xbox, PS3 and the Xbox 360, and I've never really thought it was THAT good.

sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
we'll be getting our sequal and it'll becalledNinja Gaiden Omega.:P
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

NG series are not bad games at all. It was the first action game that brought a combo list as deep as a fighter to an action game and keep things fluid at the same time. Other than the lackluster story, and sometimes untamable camera, the game has no bad points. I think everyone is entitled to their opinions, but when I see reviews that say things such as the game has bad controls, it doesn't have a deep fighting system, etc... it makes me mad that people try to put down a game they didn't like, but have to resort to made up reasons because they really couldn't find one thing that strikes out as an actual game flaw.

Going back to the topic, someone said Itagaki hates the PS3. Not true, he has stated many times that he would be interested in working on the PS3, PSP and Wii, is just that their platform of choice is the 360 and they have such a small development team that they can't be splitting their men all over the place. Second, Microsoft is publishing the game, not Tecmo, so that makes it impossible for NG2 to be on PS3. Personally, that was a smart move on their part, as NG has a very steady fan base and it has proven to be a very successful franchise.

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
Ninja Gaiden sigma demo was lame imo. Its a storyless hack and slash with no meaning. It can be hack and slash but please state a meaning. It's published by MS,so yeah,guess they ran over budget and got MS to publish instead of i think it's temco or something.
Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
Hmm well the guy who made sigma was not actually itagaki, he hates the ps3 from what i understand. The guy who made sigma was his protege, and since sigma sold well, you never know, we may see Ninja Gaiden II Sigma in a couple of years.
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#29 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
[QUOTE="locklain"]

[QUOTE="silver2kone"]Sorry to say but I never liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma and just sold it last week.... I'm probably the only one, but it did nothing for me.jdt532

I second that...

Too slow, GOW2 was 10x the fun

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 C-Himura

Hmm well the guy who made sigma was not actually itagaki, he hates the ps3 from what i understand. The guy who made sigma was his protege, and since sigma sold well, you never know, we may see Ninja Gaiden II Sigma in a couple of years. Shaqneel

Like I said, Itagaki himself has stated before that he would not mind doing a PS3 title. Itagaki only works for consoles that can help him achieve the most out of his games. The reason he did Ninja Gaiden for Xbox, was because he said PS2 could not have done it. Even on Xbox, he said that the game had not reached the potential that he wanted. He has stated he liked working for the DS with Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword because what he can do there, he cannot do on any other console. He said that he NGDS could have been a PSP title and it was considered, but it does not have the stylus.

You guys assume Itagaki hates this and that, but when he hates something, he blatantly says it. He has said, "I hate Tekken" but he has never said "I hate PS3". I think him saying that he would like to do a PS3 title means he doesn't hate the console.

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
I hated the series so I don't care if NG2 isn't coming over to the PS3 , I prefer god of war 3 anyday. as for dead or alive , super smash bros. series>>>>>>>>dead or alive series anyday. all his games are crap imo. can't wait for god of war 3 and super smash bros. brawl.
locklain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 locklain
Member since 2004 • 177 Posts

That's a darn shame. Ninja Gaiden is the best action game out there. The only people who dislike it are the people who don't have the skill to beat it.BioShockOwnz

Sorry, that is just an ignorant statement. I am sure there are a lot of people out there that have plenty "skill" to beat the game but still find it to be repetitive.

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
I'm just wondering if this game was coming out for the PS3, would all of you'll still dislike it, because if I remember correctly, when sigma came out, all I saw in here was praise for this game and couldn't wait to play part 2 when you'll thought it was going to be at the very least, multiplatform, now thats exclusive to microsoft, all of you'll hate the series and dont' care to play it anymore? I see alot of two-faced people in here tonight, thats for sure.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zeforgotten

I'm just wondering if this game was coming out for the PS3, would all of you'll still dislike it, because if I remember correctly, when sigma came out, all I saw in here was praise for this game and couldn't wait to play part 2 when you'll thought it was going to be at the very least, multiplatform, now thats exclusive to microsoft, all of you'll hate the series and dont' care to play it anymore? I see alot of two-faced people in here tonight, thats for sure.SmoothBrother1

All you saw was praise? maybe you should take a closer look :P lol. i never liked the game, it's just the same old same old to me. Run, jump, Kill Ninjas, run, kill ninjas, cutscene kill ninjas. and repeat :P so i couldn't care less if it did come out for the PS3. if i really wanted to play it, i would just buy it on the 360. no biggie. but if people hate repetitive(spell?) gameplay. i have no idea why they love this more than AC :?

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts

[QUOTE="Xire_XII"]Good, I don't want it. On that subject, I don't care for Itagaki or Ninja Gaiden. I do like Dead or Alive, though. I believe it's an exceptional fighting game. Though Ninja Gaiden? I never felt any satisfaction from it. No Dead or Alive 5 for PS3 would probably bum me outkingtahktahkhuk

LOL...Dead right your are..

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
and AC isn't a repetitive game? You doing the same things over and over again in that game too. So how can you overlook that but you call Ninja Gaiden repetitive? They what the game is based around, killing ninjas. Just like how AC is based around assassinate your targets. You go about it the same way and have to do the same things to find your targets and assassinate them.
Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

aka_aj03

GOW3 owns that even if theres no screenshot

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mcgnnis1

[QUOTE="Shaqneel"]Hmm well the guy who made sigma was not actually itagaki, he hates the ps3 from what i understand. The guy who made sigma was his protege, and since sigma sold well, you never know, we may see Ninja Gaiden II Sigma in a couple of years. C-Himura

Like I said, Itagaki himself has stated before that he would not mind doing a PS3 title. Itagaki only works for consoles that can help him achieve the most out of his games. The reason he did Ninja Gaiden for Xbox, was because he said PS2 could not have done it. Even on Xbox, he said that the game had not reached the potential that he wanted. He has stated he liked working for the DS with Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword because what he can do there, he cannot do on any other console. He said that he NGDS could have been a PSP title and it was considered, but it does not have the stylus.

You guys assume Itagaki hates this and that, but when he hates something, he blatantly says it. He has said, "I hate Tekken" but he has never said "I hate PS3". I think him saying that he would like to do a PS3 title means he doesn't hate the console.

I think you are absolutely right but its not people's fault. They just see Itagaki's reaction toward the competition and assume that he hates PS3. Though i know that he tends to work for the very best hardware(he said that himself)..and that's why he made ninja Gaiden for Xbox but he never show any kind of respect for the competition. I think that in order to change his image he has to announce a title for PS3..heck even if it is a multiplat title people will be happy because they know that Itagaki is behind the game.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mcgnnis1

[QUOTE="Shaqneel"]Hmm well the guy who made sigma was not actually itagaki, he hates the ps3 from what i understand. The guy who made sigma was his protege, and since sigma sold well, you never know, we may see Ninja Gaiden II Sigma in a couple of years. C-Himura

I think you are absolutely right but its not people's fault. They just see Itagaki's reaction toward the competition and assume that he hates PS3. Though i know that he tends to work for the very best hardware(he said that himself)..and that's why he made ninja Gaiden for Xbox but he never show any kind of respect for the competition. I think that in order to change his image he has to announce a title for PS3..heck even if it is a multiplat title people will be happy because they know that Itagaki is behind the game.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mcgnnis1

hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hermes200

I would choose God of War over Ninja Gaiden any day... But that is not fair to the last game. That doesn't mean NG is a bad game.

Truth is I liked the game, but thats about it. It is just a matter of opinion. Its a pity if we can'tplay it, but at least we have our share of exclusive action adventure games starring a kickass character, and that is the kind of reasoning that took me to choose a PS3 over a XBox360.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
It's funny. When Sigma came out (and PS3 owners thought they would get NG2) everyone was saying how great it was and it was better than God of War and Devil May Cry. Now you ain't getting NG2 everyone is saying NG is crap and God of War is better. Wonder why? You people are so transparent.
hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hermes200

It's funny. When Sigma came out (and PS3 owners thought they would get NG2) everyone was saying how great it was and it was better than God of War and Devil May Cry. Now you ain't getting NG2 everyone is saying NG is crap and God of War is better. Wonder why? You people are so transparent.x-2tha-z
Didn't you read what I just wrote? I said the game was fine, I would give NG 2 a try if I have nothing else to play, same with DMC 4... But I don't think any of those series hold a candle to Kratos.

You confuse hype with fanboyism. Many people will think the last released gamein any genreis the greatest ever, regardless of the platform.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 zeforgotten

and AC isn't a repetitive game? You doing the same things over and over again in that game too. So how can you overlook that but you call Ninja Gaiden repetitive? They what the game is based around, killing ninjas. Just like how AC is based around assassinate your targets. You go about it the same way and have to do the same things to find your targets and assassinate them.SmoothBrother1

i actually never said AC wasn't repetitive. just that people whined about it, and yet some of the same people love it in Ninja Gaiden Sigma. but read my posts again, i never said NG was bad, it just said it was the same old same old, nothing new. just chopping Ninjas, easy as pie, that's it. i've played the past games, so i know what to tap to beat the stupid Pyjamas people faster than i would have thought. But it's not a BAD game, it just got old really fast. it had it's moments, (as i've ALSO said if you would read the posts). it just didn't care that much about it, since i go "psh, pathethic" at Remakes. wich is what NGS is. sure NG2 looks good. but we know it's gonna be chopping down Ninjas, running jumping, cutscene. just like that past games. so i don't know what all the hype is all about.. PLUS! it's no secret. i might be having a hard time finding the time to play all the amount og great games coming out.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

Sony_92

GOW3 owns that even if theres no screenshot

I 101% agree, GOWIII will be bloodbath, KRATOS OWNS 300

GOWIII THE END CONTINUE....

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#46 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I don't like the devloper...
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
I have trouble enjoying his games because of how much of a pompous arse he is.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#49 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

I have trouble enjoying his games because of how much of a pompous arse he is. Velric

Ditto.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 C-Himura

[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]and AC isn't a repetitive game? You doing the same things over and over again in that game too. So how can you overlook that but you call Ninja Gaiden repetitive? They what the game is based around, killing ninjas. Just like how AC is based around assassinate your targets. You go about it the same way and have to do the same things to find your targets and assassinate them.zeforgotten

i actually never said AC wasn't repetitive. just that people whined about it, and yet some of the same people love it in Ninja Gaiden Sigma. but read my posts again, i never said NG was bad, it just said it was the same old same old, nothing new. just chopping Ninjas, easy as pie, that's it. i've played the past games, so i know what to tap to beat the stupid Pyjamas people faster than i would have thought. But it's not a BAD game, it just got old really fast. it had it's moments, (as i've ALSO said if you would read the posts). it just didn't care that much about it, since i go "psh, pathethic" at Remakes. wich is what NGS is. sure NG2 looks good. but we know it's gonna be chopping down Ninjas, running jumping, cutscene. just like that past games. so i don't know what all the hype is all about.. PLUS! it's no secret. i might be having a hard time finding the time to play all the amount og great games coming out.

I sure hope you and anybody that says its the same old, same old wasn't hyped about Halo 3 then, cause that's just shooting aliens, same old, same old. Or MGS4, which is going to be about infiltrating, same old, same old. That's what sequels are, they just further refine the formula, and if you've seen any NG2 interviews, then you'll see its the same with them, further refining. And that's what makes them good games. I wouldn't want to play NG if it somehow became a stealth game, just like I wouldn't want to play MGS if it just suddenly became a FPS (which you even have the option to play it like that now)