Thinking of getting a PS3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

G35DriverGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 G35DriverGuy
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

Hello Xbox user here. I want to get a PS3 because Final Fantasy XIV is coming out for it. Is Demon's Souls a difficult game? Do I need to play Uncharted 1 to understand part 2? Hehe, also I can sell my BD Player now. =)

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Yes and no.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

Yes and no.

Scianix-Black
Corrrect.
Steliosco20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Steliosco20
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

no u dont need u1 for u2,but is cheap so if u like u2,u1 is a good adventure yet.

and generally when u get a ps,u have better action/adventure games.mgs4(u might not like it if u dont know the story) uncharted,god3 is coming but the collection is out,killlzone 2 is the best looking console fps which tries different ideas.also ff13 if you like rpgs also,although are not complicated the ff series.

many wait for heavy rain and the last guardian games without multiplayer,beacuse a good single player stays forever :) :)

and and gt5 is coming if u are into cars.gt5p prologue is a 2 years demo and has better gfx than forza3 the physics are gonna be better on gt5 so is gonna be the best car sim,like always...

seems to me the xbox is just for playing online games mostly,halodst and l4d2 are basically online games so i have my pc like everyone for that(mw2,team fortress)

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

no u dont need u1 for u2,but is cheap so if u like u2,u1 is a good adventure yet.

and generally when u get a ps,u have better action/adventure games.mgs4(u might not like it if u dont know the story) uncharted,god3 is coming but the collection is out,killlzone 2 is the best looking console fps which tries different ideas.also ff13 if you like rpgs also,although are not complicated the ff series.

many wait for heavy rain and the last guardian games without multiplayer,beacuse a good single player stays forever :) :)

and and gt5 is coming if u are into cars.gt5p prologue is a 2 years demo and has better gfx than forza3 the physics are gonna be better on gt5 so is gonna be the best car sim,like always...

seems to me the xbox is just for playing online games mostly,halodst and l4d2 are basically online games so i have my pc like everyone for that(mw2,team fortress)

Steliosco20
System Wars is down a few links.
soyt_llusala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soyt_llusala
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts

Get a PS3 now! You don't need UC1 for you to understand UC2 but, I suggest you get both. Demon Souls is hard but, manageable. If youv'e got a buyer for your old Blu Ray player then sell it because a PS3 does everything :D .

Steliosco20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Steliosco20
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

thnx for the map:) :)

but he said he has a xbox so i told him what to do with the ps3,he didnt specify he likes muliplayer game,i didnt tell him to get mag or anything...

K3vinkha0S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 K3vinkha0S
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts

I recommend getting the 250 GB PS3, its only 50 bucks more then the 120 GB. Uncharted 2 is easy to just pick up and play without playing the first, but I still encourage getting it, and Batman Arkham Asylum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 1076751
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

Sell your BD player and use PS3 for Blu-ray.

Besides the exclusive titles on both system...

All multi-system single player games = get the PS3 version

All multi-system online games = get the 360 version

I don't care what PS3 gamers said, the xbox live network/hosting/features are much more stable and faster compare to PSN. Online games are usually more enjoyable on the 360.

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts

I recommend getting the 250 GB PS3, its only 50 bucks more then the 120 GB. Uncharted 2 is easy to just pick up and play without playing the first, but I still encourage getting it, and Batman Arkham Asylum.

K3vinkha0S

Yeah, only fifty bucks more really is a good deal for so much more storage, especially if your like me and have had a bad past experience with trying to upgrade and would rather just stick with the stock HDD.

G35DriverGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 G35DriverGuy

the 120gb on my Elite is already enough. i always delete stuff i dont need

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts

Yes, but the PS3 library has quite a few games with mandatory installs, so I appreciate the extra space, as I keep a large library of games to play, and would rather not have to delete the installs and then reinstall next time I want to play.

get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
Playing Uncharted 1 isn't required to enjoy the second, you shouldn't have much of a problem jumping in.
G35DriverGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 G35DriverGuy

yeah Xbox 360 is lacking good games right now. i wanna try those PS3 exclusives...

ptown58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ptown58
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts
I'm thinking it might be time to get another PS3 myself (UC2,KillZone2,LBP,R2,Home,Socom) but I'm torn between getting a PS3 and an ipod touch, though I could get a PS3 play all the new games than trade it for a touch, wonder if trading a PS3 for a 32g touch would be easy ?
Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

I'm also thinking about getting a PS3 this Christmas. What size should I get? I'm not a huge gamer, but I don't want to worry about memory.apierce9

The 250GB is $50 more, but if you're not a huge gamer, the 120GB should be fine.

Truth be told though, you should be fine with the 120GB. Even if you average say 3GB per game for a mandatory install that's 40 GAMES. Even if you did need to upgrade, I'm sure you'd be pretty busy until then.

Alternately, you could get a 120GB and save up a little. If you were worried about harddrive space you could buy a 500GB HDD for $100 or less on New Egg.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ryan_Som

I'm thinking it might be time to get another PS3 myself (UC2,KillZone2,LBP,R2,Home,Socom) but I'm torn between getting a PS3 and an ipod touch, though I could get a PS3 play all the new games than trade it for a touch, wonder if trading a PS3 for a 32g touch would be easy ?ptown58

Another PS3? Did you have a 60GB that died or do you just want a second one? Either way, I imagine you'd get more fun out of a PS3. Then again, I have an 80GB iPod Classic. It suits my "walkin' about" needs just fine.

apierce9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 apierce9
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
How does the online work? Do I pay? how do I get an account? And no HMDI cables?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Here you go! :D

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Demon's Souls is hard, you don't have to play the first to play the second, but you should anyways.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ryan_Som

How does the online work? Do I pay? how do I get an account? And no HMDI cables?apierce9

Online play is free, no need to pay. The only thing you pay for is DLC you download or downloadable games. Getting an account is as simple as having an email address and making a password. Then you pick what you want your onscreen ID to be. That's it.

And yes, you'll have to buy an HDMI cable.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

Hello Xbox user here. I want to get a PS3 because Final Fantasy XIV is coming out for it (i'm not hereto judge...). Is Demon's Souls a difficult game? (yes, if you're not careful or try to implement a hack&slash approach... but i should probably just say "yes, it's difficult") Do I need to play Uncharted 1 to understand part 2? (No, as both titles are stand-alone; but you should still play. not only to familiarize yourself with the character cast but also because it's a pretty damn good game with an entertaining story.) Hehe, also I can sell my BD Player now. =) [yeah, but there's always a chance your ps3 will break. I'm not saying that it will, or that there's a high chance that it will; just keep that in mind when you decide to sell your BR player... that and the amount of money you can get for it.]

G35DriverGuy

G35DriverGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 G35DriverGuy

it doesnt come with an HDMI cable?

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ryan_Som

it doesnt come with an HDMI cable?

G35DriverGuy

No, it does not. You can go for one of the more expensive ones a la Best Buy OR do what most people here are gonna tell you and get a cheap one on Monoprice.com or elsewhere.

A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 A-l-g-r-e-n
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts

It really does... Do everything. Sony has the braggining rights. After LittleBigPlanet, nothing can impress me anymore.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Hello Xbox user here. I want to get a PS3 because Final Fantasy XIV is coming out for it. Is Demon's Souls a difficult game? Do I need to play Uncharted 1 to understand part 2? Hehe, also I can sell my BD Player now. =)

G35DriverGuy
Demon's Souls is quite hard, but fulfilling... you don't needto play U1 to understand U2... but you can get U1 because its a good game...
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Thinking!? time for thinking is over, Go and purchase a PS3! best purchase this year! Oh and yes from what I hear Demon's Souls is a criminally hard game but rewarding, and no you don't need to play Uncharted to understand Uncharted 2 in term of story but it would help to better understand the characters.

G35DriverGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 G35DriverGuy

i may still have an extra HDMI cable from Comcast