Thinking About A PS3..But...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

guyguyguy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 0

#1 guyguyguy1234
Member since 2004 • 968 Posts

The day has finally come, the price of the PS3 got cut to a reasonable price. I want to get a PS3, but are there really many differences betwen the PS3 and the XBOX? (Other than the games) Also can someone tell me a little bit about the PSP connectivity does, like what does it do, and when is it used?

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts
The PSP stuff can be used for remote play. So you can pair your PSP and PS3. Once you have done that you can use your PSP for remote play on your PS3. So say I live in City A, and I take a trip to City B. I can hook my PSP to a wifi in City B, and access my PS3's content like music, videos,pictures, tv (TV is europe only through Play TV). I can use the PSP to turn the PS3 on and off too. Also the PS3 shop can download games for the PSP, which doesnt really matter now that PSP has online shop. PSP also has some other minor uses. As for PS3 ffeatures -PS3 has free online -PS3 can access a media server (music, videos, photos, etc on your PC or other PCs on your home network) -PS3 can set backgrounds and themes -PS3 has blu-ray -PS3 has HDMI v1.3 and can do x.v. colour -PS3 has interchangable HDD -etc, etc, etc.....
craigmuluneh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigmuluneh92
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I think they are a bunch of great games on both systems but I cannot recommend the xbox 360 because of the faulty hardware. 3 of my friends have 360's and all of them had to replace them. 2 of them had the red ring of death and the other one had trouble reading the disc. I went over to his house to play some halo but his 360 wouldn't read the disc. We had to keep ejecting and inserting it the disc until it finally recognized it. If it wasn't for that, I would say they are both great systems.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
You can play up to 32 players online like Socom or Killzone 2.... or up to 256 people when you play MAG online.
aka_Static

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aka_Static
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

If you have a PSP, you should definitely get one for the aforementioned reasons. If I had a psp I'd be able to play FFVII, Silent Hill and Castlevania on it because I downloaded them onto my ps3.

Also, like stated before, PS3 is a much more reliable system in terms of hardware...I have at least 5 different friends that have had the red ring of death and the inability to read discs on their 360...completely turned me off from it and invested in a ps3. Couldn't be happier.

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

You can play up to 32 players online like Socom or Killzone 2.... or up to 256 people when you play MAG online.Dogswithguns
Dont forget Resistance 2, 60 players online.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I am not going to play system wars but the PS3 is more bang for your buck. It can play new games, PS1 games, Blu Ray, Online is not quite as good but it's free and does give you a good bit of features. You can copy things to the PS3 with a flash drive if you want or stick in other USB devices and use those. It has a internet browser which gets the job done, but it isn't nearly as good as a PC. The PS3 has a better Dpad. We are getting to the point somewhat of developers needing more space for their games and so the PS3 only needs one disc unlike the 360.Games like Rage FF 13 and now Star Ocean will be playable without having to change discs.

The only thing negative about the system is that it doesn't come with anything out of the box like a headset or HDMI cables. All you get is an ethernet cable, but otherwise it is cool.

I don't know necessarily if the systm's graphics are superior to the 360, but the PS3 has more games that push graphics like Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Killzone 2, etc. It has some motion control support and a few games use it well. Various sources say the hardware is more reliable, Most of the big 360 games have come and gone, while Sony has yet to release it's top guns. The only big one out there is Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted and Ratchet. The Team Ico game, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5 and Twisted Metal still have yet to come.

Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts

PS3s don't get E74/RRoD. I've gone through 3 xboxs and I'm still on my first PS3 that I got in 2007. That should be a good enough reason.

Also, LittleBigPlanet.