Things you like about the PS3

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mraqibr
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts
With all the negative ayyention the PS3 has been getting since its launch, i thought it's be cool to show why you like the console so much

here's what i like about the console.

HDMI Port - It's really cool to have all your video and audio content, HD and everything, come through a single cable.

Blu-ray - Even if people don't think it's needed yet, it's nice to have. I plan to buy a BD-R drive for my PC anyway, so it just adds another way for me to play media files on my PS3.

Free Online Play - Sure it's not as good as XBL, but it's getting there and is leaps and bounds above the PS2 online system. Plus, no point system! You want a game it's $7.99, not 800 points or whatever.

Recognizes most USB devices - I use my USB thumb drives to watch movies/video/pictures on my PS3. Not a huge feature, but nice none the less. PS3 Video 9 is a good program for anyone looking to convert videos into AVC format for their PS3.

Upcoming library looks great - I currently own 3 PS3 titles and I have another 4 games I'm looking forward to coming out in the next 3 months (Eye of Judgement, Motorstorm, WarHawk, Heavenly Sword). All of 2007 looks like it will have some great PS3 titles.

SIXAXIS Controller battery lasts a long time, takes a short amount of time to charge.
coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

the blu ray DVD cost more than the ps3

we should thank sony for the great consle ever mad

mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mraqibr
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
Everything! Can't wait for in-game XMB and Home.
Maersyndel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maersyndel
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts

XMB: After I bought a rival console, I must say I find the XMB so intuitive and elegant. So many options and so uncluttered.

mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mraqibr
the games, the look, the light controller, same controller design that is perfect imo, the power, the look, free online, the look...
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

I love my playstation 3 casue of all the lovely games i get to play and will be playing in future time.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I haven't found anything that I don't like about my PS3, and when coupled with a PSP it just makes things that much better.
anewperfectday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 anewperfectday
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts
I like

the USB ports, after I found out you can hook up an external hdd to it

the exchanging of hdd, more movies mo betta!

turning off/on PS3 with controller, this may be included with other consoles, but damn, it makes me happy. XD
gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
Everything
mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

Good thread.

I don't own a PS3 yet, but...

My hd dvd player crapped out. I needed a a new high def machine. I was thinking of a stand alone player. But then, the PS3 came up in my research. My considered opinion, the PS3 will give you the most bang for the buck.

Reasons for buying: It upconverts dvd's. i also heard it upconverts PS2 and PSOne games. that'd be great

Bruuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Bruuin
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts
I totally agree that the PS3 has had it's troubles out of the gate, but as a piece of hardware there's plenty to like about it with more on the way. I could go on forever about things I like (and dislike) about all three current gen consoles but I like that this thread is focusing on the positive. :)

I'd say that system stability is probably the biggest determining factor as to what has made the PS3 my console of choice. This thing runs whisper quite and has never crashed on me. It's reliable, and I like being able to put a game it and play and have that be all that's involved in the process.

I bought a launch console and despite the high ticket price at the time, it came with everything I needed right out of the box (except for an HDMI cable) so I've spent very little on peripheral upgrades. Believe it or not, even at $600+ the PS3 was pretty good value. For anyone buying it now it's only considerably better.

As a piece of hardware, it just feels like there is so much that can be done with the PS3 and the fact that you don't need to go out and buy sony proprietary hardware is awesome. Any old memory card is sufficient, you don't have to get a specific PS3 specific hard drive upgrade, your HDMI cable can be any brand. I've got several gamespot video reviews of my favourite games on the PS3 drive for easy viewing pleasure. It's my multimedia hub for sure.

Last but not least is the ever growing catalogue of quality games. I've played a fair chunk of games across all three of the current gen system. Many of them have been really good but Uncharted has been my favourite (followed closely by Rock Band). I`ve had great use out of my PS3 and it`s just over a year old. Here`s hoping that year two is just as good!

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
Things I like about the PS3 first vid, or first vid of favorit vids. So it many things?
brownthrilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brownthrilla
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
NO RROD! Woot!
mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mraqibr
What do you mean ?
Pandemonium876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pandemonium876
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

Good thread.

My hd dvd player crapped out. I needed a a new high def machine. I was thinking of a stand alone player. But then, the PS3 came up in my research. My considered opinion, the PS3 will give you the most bang for the buck.

Reasons for buying: It upconverts dvd's. i also heard it upconverts PS2 and PSOne games. that'd be great

mike7677

your HD dvd player craped out. like how do u mean. it totally broke or its not worth it anymore?

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
For me the PS3 is all about region free gaming. I love playing games from all over the world and finally I don't need to mod my console to do so. If I want to buy retail games from any region they should just work! Great move on Sony's part to finally let a home console do this out of the box.
mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
[QUOTE="mike7677"]

Good thread.

Pandemonium876

your HD dvd player craped out. like how do u mean. it totally broke or its not worth it anymore?

It keeps crashing. It wasnotoriouswhenit came to playing hd dvd movies. At this point it won't play hd dvd movies at all.

It upconverted dvd's pretty well. Now, it started crashing on those. Sota like the blue screen of death, except with this, it's the blue box of death.

Currently, it's now gathering dust on top of my heap I call "useless technology" Got two boxes full of this stuff.

Getting back to the PS3: As far as firmware updates go, the PS3 is future proof.

I would get a 60GB PS3 used if I can find it. Best backward capability ever. If not that, the 80GB model. if I have to go with the 40, I'd get it for the Blu Ray player. I'd also get a PS2 for those games and for PSOne games as well. No big deal.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
I think that the only thing I dislike about my PS3 is the fact that I have to leave a game to send a message. Other than that, I love it:D
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

ps3 is the mother of my favorite games

Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
The question should be "Whats not to like about the PS3". I love everything about mine.
mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mraqibr
same here man I LOVE EVERYTHING.
majin2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 majin2024
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is that its a dust magnet, other then that, i love it.
Maltese_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maltese_Guy
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts

Too many to list my friend.... mainly the GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID: Anubis1980 (everyone feel free to add me)

FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts

every thing is positive, but there is one negitive: having to quit the game to check messages, send messages and play music (i like the 360 feature where you can play music in game). Other than that ps3 pwns!

ps. the only AA exclusive on 360 in 2008 that ive heard of is gears 2. too many to list for ps3

LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
being able to turn on/off the console without getting up, now if I could get those jedi powers of mine to switch cd's when I want to play anotehr game lol...
jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

Games that are jaw-dropping, Blu-ray technology, XMB, Internet browser, free PSN subscription, folding@home, sixaxis controls, Playstation Home, remote play.

70% cow 30% sheep 0% lemming

elfboy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 elfboy69
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

I like the fact that It has a 40GB HDD (bigger than my 360s 20GB HDD) and that I can hold a lot of music and movies (like the ones I already have converted for my Zune 30GB).

It has yet to die unlike my first, second, third, fourth, and fifth xbox360s (I'm on my 6th).

It can be used as a PC if needed. You can upgrade the HDD for really cheap (Unlike the 360 were you have to buy a HDD for M$).

It has a Blu-ray player and is HDMI ready (both of which I use a lot). WiFi out of the box, and the system makes a lot less sound that my 360. By the drive in the PS3 does sound kind a like it was cheaply made and makes a lot of sound when I put a disc in and it first begins to read it, Unlike my Wii.

The "CONS" are that it has a limited game line up that is currently out but all its great games are coming. Sorry to say that Metal Gear Solid 4 is the only game I'm really hyped about that will be out with in the next 3-4 months. And there are few games at current that I am willing to spend 60$ on.

Another problem is that not all the PS3 models support PS1, 2 games. The 80 and 60GB support both but are now done with software emulation and not all the games work on them, And the 40GB PS3 only supports "SOME" PS1 games (thank god Final Fantasy 7 is one of them).

lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts

It makes really good sandwiches.

O ya.....and I love GoW series, MGS4 series, and Uncharted (series? lol):D

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

coold_steam

Seriously. $400-500 for a gaming console WITH Blu-Ray? What a great deal. I'd like to hack the guy with an axe on the back for sayings it's too expensive. No way! The Blu-Ray player alone cost nearly that much or the same. Plus you get a gaming console! And extremely great one, at that. This is the reason why I want to get PS3 so much. Great console, Blu-Ray, huge Harddrive compared to the 360, awesome exclusives (MGS4!), and slightly better graphics. What's not to like? What l like about the PS3 is that I'm going to get one in a couple of months, or maybe next month if things go well. :)

mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mraqibr
I like the blueray technology :lol:
HavenlyHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HavenlyHunter
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
SCEA games 8)
brownthrilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 brownthrilla
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
What do you mean ?mraqibr
Red Ring of Death which is the thing 360 owners suffer
mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mraqibr
i luv everything about it. the future looks very bright for the ps3.
mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mraqibr

Too many to list my friend.... mainly the GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID: Anubis1980 (everyone feel free to add me)

Maltese_Guy
just tell me
Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
im in the same situation...i am a proud owner of a xbox 360...but this years upcoming plans for ps3..got me stoked..June is my Purchase for the 80 gig with MGS 4...Lol They Sold me
[QUOTE="coold_steam"]

Elann2008

Seriously. $400-500 for a gaming console WITH Blu-Ray? What a great deal. I'd like to hack the guy with an axe on the back for sayings it's too expensive. No way! The Blu-Ray player alone cost nearly that much or the same. Plus you get a gaming console! And extremely great one, at that. This is the reason why I want to get PS3 so much. Great console, Blu-Ray, huge Harddrive compared to the 360, awesome exclusives (MGS4!), and slightly better graphics. What's not to like? What l like about the PS3 is that I'm going to get one in a couple of months, or maybe next month if things go well. :)

akobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 akobi
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts

I woke up on Saturday morning around 8, took up my remote turn on my PS3 and played a random CD something to get the day started. took a shower came out sat and watched my tv episodes i missed during the week, just love that divx support. Around 12 I looked to see what my friends are playing and picked a game to play, right now I'm playing Warhawk and Burnout a lot. Activated folding@home around 5 went outside to see what I missed during the day. Came back home around 8 and found my girlfriend playing Piyotoma. Around 10 I would look for a movie I downloaded during the week watched that with my girl. Turned off my PS3 around 1. Went to the club.

It has yet to get hot.

Fine craftsmanship. Future proof design. Great games. Upgradable storage (I use a 250 gig drive in mine). Worth every last dime I spent on it and then some.

CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
Everyting!
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

i love having a HDD as standard. i alos love that it uses standard laptop HDDs, so if i want to upgrade i dont need to get an overpirced, sony made, HDD. its great.

i like the look of it. a few small issues aside, its a nice looking console.

i like being able to use a mouse and keyboard with some games. its not quite as good as a PC from an implementation standpoint but its a big step up from a normal controller imho. devs...KB and M support in ure games please..especially for strategy and FPSs.

i like being able to put linux on it....really nice. the PS3 also has tools to easily reformat the HDD which is also cool.

i like having built in wireless..shoving ethernet cables around the house is not practical for me.

i like that it uses standard bluetooth and uses a standard power plug. if i loose the origonal cable, a PC power cable will do the job nicely.

i like the interface...its the most sensible setup for a controller. not as great with a mouse and keyboard but ti wasnt designed for that.

i also like that its a quiet machine. its not silent but its quiet enough to be inaudible when the telly is at a standard volume.

theres also some games im looking foreward to in the future.

finally i like that it has folding support in it. 152 units now :D.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

I like the black shiny look of the PS3. I like the current library of games but I know it will only get better. So to end this. I like the PS3s potential.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

I like the PSN games. I'm not a big fan of the Live Arcade but the PSN titles have impressed me quite a bit with unique titles for cheap.

I like the Bluray playback. HD movies are nice.

I love the games. 'Nuff said.

jj_gueco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jj_gueco
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts
If you have a psp... to be able to play your ps3 games almost anywhere in the world with remote play
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I thought they didn't add this feature yet.
If you have a psp... to be able to play your ps3 games almost anywhere in the world with remote playjj_gueco
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

I thought they didn't add this feature yet.[QUOTE="jj_gueco"]If you have a psp... to be able to play your ps3 games almost anywhere in the world with remote playmrvic87

u can play PS1 games using remote play (i do it with FF7 from time to time..its pretty neat). however are sony adding an option of playing PS3 games on the PSP using remote play? id also like DVD streaming....bit of startrek next gen before bed is always good. chances are sony cant legally do that though.

mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mraqibr

i love having a HDD as standard. i alos love that it uses standard laptop HDDs, so if i want to upgrade i dont need to get an overpirced, sony made, HDD. its great.

i like the look of it. a few small issues aside, its a nice looking console.

i like being able to use a mouse and keyboard with some games. its not quite as good as a PC from an implementation standpoint but its a big step up from a normal controller imho. devs...KB and M support in ure games please..especially for strategy and FPSs.

i like being able to put linux on it....really nice. the PS3 also has tools to easily reformat the HDD which is also cool.

i like having built in wireless..shoving ethernet cables around the house is not practical for me.

i like that it uses standard bluetooth and uses a standard power plug. if i loose the origonal cable, a PC power cable will do the job nicely.

i like the interface...its the most sensible setup for a controller. not as great with a mouse and keyboard but ti wasnt designed for that.

i also like that its a quiet machine. its not silent but its quiet enough to be inaudible when the telly is at a standard volume.

theres also some games im looking foreward to in the future.

finally i like that it has folding support in it. 152 units now :D.

osan0
WoW !!!:shock:
leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts
MGS4
RED_NAVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RED_NAVE
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts
I love the fact that most pre-pubescent kids can't afford to buy one. Only an occasional 10 year old, who managed to get a mic too.
mraqibr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mraqibr
MGS4leperphiliac
????:|
SpartanDavie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpartanDavie
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

Future exclusives. i.e. Home, Haze, Getaway, Tekken, MGS, GT5, God of War.

Watching movies that i download is 100Xs easier than when i had the 360.

Controller that everyone is used to.

HDMI.

Blu ray, currently only own Superbad but going to get more.

The sleek look of it.

Free themes, gamer pics etc. i.e. not having to pay £5 for things that take them about an hour to make.

But best of all, no screaming 12 year old kids like on XBL, thats absolutly priceless :D