Things to mind when importing a US PS3 to the EU?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3_Doors_Down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 3_Doors_Down
Member since 2004 • 1228 Posts

I'm very tempted to import a US PS3 due to the USD being quite low atm, but need to know what i'm looking at in terms of hassle due to the differences in the US and EU models etc.

How's the power adapter handled - is a US to EU standards power adapter cord easily found?

Anyone else in the EU that has imported one and can share their experiences? Thanks.

Also, is the 40GB or 80GB version to be preferred? I like the thought of the 40GB version being more quiet.

Vicius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vicius
Member since 2003 • 337 Posts
The only problem Ithink you are gonna have is the power 110v in US vs 210v in europe (or something around those numbers). How hard is to find an adapter? I have no idea. I don't live in europe. I don't know if the ps3 is affected by the ntsc and pal standards. You might want to confirm that.
rpgmadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 rpgmadboy
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
I live in the UK. and i got an American PS2 wen i was over there i have a pal ps3. But the adaptors should be easy to find, i got one from Tesco. about 1 month ago. But for my US PS2 i just used my PAL PS2 cords.
Oh also English Blu-ray/ DVDS WONT WORK ON your US PS3.

Hope i helped
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
The power supply in the PS3 is 100-220 volt, you need a power cord not a step down convertor. Other than that as long as your TV supports PAL/NTSC/50 Hz HD/60 Hz HD you'll be fine.