The system has been out for a while... Is it worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
I have to ask: is the vita worth picking up? I have a 3ds, a PS3 and a gaming laptop. I'm either going to grab a 360 (because screw Xbox one) or a Vita. The vita has some games I know I want, including: Uncharted: Golden Abyss Soul Sacrifice Metal gear solid HD Collection Persona 4 Gravity Rush Kill zone Mercenaries And some games I was thinking about but reviewed poorly: Resistance: Burning Skies Silent hill: Book of memories Assassins Creed 3: Liberation The big question is: are these games worth buying a 250 dollar system? Also, the support for it as a system seems... Well I'm not seeing many amazing games I'm psyched about. What do you guys think? If I decide not to get a vita, I'm not sure the 360 is worth it, I might just stick with the systems I have.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
If you're a PS+ member you can already get 2 of those games, and if aren't you might as well become one, especially with the stuff you can take advantage of on the PS3 as well. It's a neat system, but I'm not seeing much in the future at the moment either. But I don't regret purchasing one (granted I got a great deal on one on Black Friday)
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

If you are interested in all of those games, then I would say go for it.  I do not own a Vita myself, but I would say that the system has enough cool games to be worth a purchase despite not having a super killer app.  Little Big Planet, Escape Plan, Mutant Blobs, and Lumines are also supposed to be really good.  You also have Killzone and Tearaway coming out later as well. 

Peter_Bloober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Peter_Bloober
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
There are many games which are worthwhile on PS VITA. Personally i have around 80 PS VITA games which i have played and 20 bought and waiting for a better time. I think that you should take your time, sleep with your decission and buy it after GamesCom 2013.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
There are many games which are worthwhile on PS VITA. Personally i have around 80 PS VITA games which i have played and 20 bought and waiting for a better time. I think that you should take your time, sleep with your decission and buy it after GamesCom 2013.Peter_Bloober
Solid advice all around
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

No.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Vita and PS + is an amazing combination.. Sony has given my Uncharted, MGS HD Collection, Gravity Rush, Zero Escape and a bunch of other games for free.
voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
my 2 cents.. try getting a used vita.. it should set u back by about 110-120$
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

my 2 cents.. try getting a used vita.. it should set u back by about 110-120$voljin1987
dont listen to this guy, and buy a new VITA.... its the only way to increase sales numbers and get developers to make more games for the system.

oh and the vita is 199 at target right now.... go buy one.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

[QUOTE="voljin1987"]my 2 cents.. try getting a used vita.. it should set u back by about 110-120$Geminon

dont listen to this guy, and buy a new VITA.... its the only way to increase sales numbers and get developers to make more games for the system.

yawn.. pray tell me whats wrong with a used vita.. when u end up buying software which in turn moves more units??
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="Geminon"]

[QUOTE="voljin1987"]my 2 cents.. try getting a used vita.. it should set u back by about 110-120$voljin1987

yawn.. pray tell me whats wrong with a used vita.. when u end up buying software which in turn moves more units??

please explain how buying software increases VITA sales.... ill do it for you: it doesnt the problem isnt software sales. the VITA has one of the highest software attachment rates of ANY handheld. the problem is the number of VITA sales. buying used undermines the effort to get more devs to make games for the system. use your own brain, i shouldnt have to think for you.
CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

I feel like if you have a Vita, there are plenty of good games for it to justify your purchase. The problem is deciding whether or not you want to buy it.

I feel like it is a good system. I wish Sony did a little bit more with it.

But, yes, I think it's worth it. Just do your research first before buying, so you don't forget to buy a memory card or something.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

For you OP I would say yes since you don't have a PSP and also get access to most of it's library on PSN now. But if you wait until around November, Amazon will likely have a good deal and/or bundle on which ever you decide to buy(I paid $180 for the Vita bundle last year and it came with Liberation and PSASBR). I would definitely recommend Muramasa Rebirth and Earth Defense Force aside from the games posted already.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

[QUOTE="voljin1987"][QUOTE="Geminon"] dont listen to this guy, and buy a new VITA.... its the only way to increase sales numbers and get developers to make more games for the system.

Geminon

please explain how buying software increases VITA sales.... ill do it for you: it doesnt the problem isnt software sales. the VITA has one of the highest software attachment rates of ANY handheld. the problem is the number of VITA sales. buying used undermines the effort to get more devs to make games for the system. use your own brain, i shouldnt have to think for you.

I don't buy used handhelds because I don't want other peoples slim on it.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="voljin1987"] yawn.. pray tell me whats wrong with a used vita.. when u end up buying software which in turn moves more units?? soapman72

I don't buy used handhelds because I don't want other peoples slim on it.

Slime

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

With the price-cut it just received + the solid games library PSV is more than worth it !!

PSN store is filled with great titles and there are many others comin out..

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I got mine second hand from a friend who got bored of the Vita (Sorry I didn't help with Vita sales :P). It's a nice system and with the announced price cut, it should be a worthwhile purchase for you especially since you are interested in twice the number of games than I was :P PS+ makes it worthwhile and gives nice free games and discounts. I wouldn't call it a "must have" system since there isn't enough games for me to really recommend it. However, like I said, you seem to be interested in quite a bit so I think you'll be happy with the Vita :)