The salesman at best buy told this guy the PS3 won't play PS2 games.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

myxylplyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 myxylplyx
Member since 2003 • 519 Posts

Seriously. I was standing there looking through the games section and some kid and his dad were apparently asking questions about the PS3 with the intention of purchasing one. The dad asked the sales guy if they would be able to play all of their old PS2 stuff and the salesman straight up said "NO". I waited until the sales guy went away for a minute and told they guy you most certainly can play PS2 as well as PS1 games on the PS3; that I did it all the time. He said thanks and asked me how I liked mine and I told him my opinions as well as some facts about the system and they ended up leaving the store with 60GB in tow.

I feel like I did a good deed.:)

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Good job man. But you should of also talked to the salesman and told him so too. Maybe he really is just misinformed.
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts
hey good work
iwishiwasrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 iwishiwasrich
Member since 2006 • 616 Posts
lol nice
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Great job. To bad the sales people have no clue about there job.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

good work,this story has made me slightly wary though. I'm watching you BESTBUY!!!

Hopefully this sort of thing never gets as bad as EB/Gamestop has become.

LeDavester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LeDavester
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
dude you're my rolemodel, this story is inspiring. it shows how much respect and good the ps3 people are compared to the other fanboys who spread rumors and lies from insecurity.
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts
Yeah that was a good job that you did.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
With all this misleading information going on in the market and still the PS3 is selling very well, now just think what would happen if the sales people actually told the truth, you would have a tough time even finding a console to buy.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
My god, what a lie! I have to wonder, what does the saleman get out of it by lying like that?
justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

With all this misleading information going on in the market and still the PS3 is selling very well, now just think what would happen if the sales people actually told the truth, you would have a tough time even finding a console to buy.jimm895

true story, i wonder why retailers are taking sides? isnt the point to make money?

Tbonesalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tbonesalive
Member since 2004 • 231 Posts
i was at best buy last week and the sales lady told me that the ps3 didn't have an HDMI port. so i told her to go look and she found it.. i have and my ps3 since the end of jan. and love it
jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts
good job you made them pick the right console and that is worth their money
Guardian_Ajax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Guardian_Ajax
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts
I would've rocked that salesperson. Just come across and blam be like shut your self up if you are not fully aware of the systems capabilities and the acessibility it holds on playing last generation games. Then i would pop my collar tip my hat to the side, looked dead straight at the people who he was servicing and said "Now that's up" and left.
schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
You should've told the salesman, but good job anyways.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts

Seriously. I was standing there looking through the games section and some kid and his dad were apparently asking questions about the PS3 with the intention of purchasing one. The dad asked the sales guy if they would be able to play all of their old PS2 stuff and the salesman straight up said "NO". I waited until the sales guy went away for a minute and told they guy you most certainly can play PS2 as well as PS1 games on the PS3; that I did it all the time. He said thanks and asked me how I liked mine and I told him my opinions as well as some facts about the system and they ended up leaving the store with 60GB in tow.

myxylplyx

yes you did

myxylplyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 myxylplyx

You should've told the salesman, but good job anyways.schox5

I just figured the sales guy was a Sony hater. He was pushing one of the competitors systems instead.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
Good deal, you should have also mentioned that the PS3 can also upscale PS2 titles now. As for the salesman, yes, you should have dropped him a little message.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
spread the good word my friend!
larsonslike7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 larsonslike7
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
The same thing happen to me when I was buying a sound system for my ps3. The guy told me that I couldn't get one with a dvd player then I asked another employee and said I just needed the proper cables. All people have their own bias but most people that work with video games like the other systems
myxylplyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 myxylplyx
Come to think of it, maybe the salesman didn't necessarily have a problem with Sony. Maybe they get special incentives for selling the other guys systems or something.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
My Hero
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Good job, but you shoulda told that right in front of his face clerkguy.... that maybe rude.

thenathster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thenathster
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts
I've heard several cases of sales poeple lying like that, especially at gamespot. Such terrible people...:(
myxylplyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 myxylplyx

I've heard several cases of sales poeple lying like that, especially at gamespot. Such terrible people...:(thenathster

You mean gamestop, right?:lol:

kmiceray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kmiceray
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
Dosent suprise me. I use to work there and a lot of the time they would people from other departments who knew nothing about electronics. I worked in the computer section and would go over to help out when I could.
Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jackopeng
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts
omfg thats terrible, that guy should be fired xD and also nice job mate for doing the right thing and telling that man the things he needed to know :D *thumbs up*
NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

myxylplyx

Maybe they should fire him and hire you instead. He's probably kept over 100 people from buying a PS3, losing that Best Buy money. Thats why I dont listen to anything they have to say.

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
[QUOTE="myxylplyx"]

NYBoricua33

Maybe they should fire him and hire you instead. He's probably kept over 100 people from buying a PS3, losing that Best Buy money. Thats why I dont listen to anything they have to say.

Yeah man, in situations like that you might want to mention it to the manager. Don't take any chaff from liars and ignorant people.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts

The mind of an employee *Hyuk, I'm gonna get people out of buying a $600 system, its for the best* Yeah, why not lose money for the store. :roll:

Well, good job.

amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

myxylplyx

I salute you !!

WindyCityFlyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WindyCityFlyer
Member since 2007 • 308 Posts
Good job!
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Good deal, you should have also mentioned that the PS3 can also upscale PS2 titles now. As for the salesman, yes, you should have dropped him a little message.Prinze

exactly a smack in the face with a nice moist steamy paper bag filled with brown "reality" would've gotten your point across to him.lol

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
we need more good sumaritans like you. great job. shouldve intervened and make the sales guy embarrased
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
Way to go Donny!!!
newgames128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 newgames128
Member since 2003 • 175 Posts
There are probably many biased salespeople in electronics stores who are fanboys themselves, neglecting their greater responsibility which is simply to sell products. Fools.
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts
Somebody get this guy a cape and tights lolssss, seriously though... good job on doing this good deed U truly did a favor to thatperson by telling him the facts about the system, otherwise that salesperson basically had stolen all the fun and some great times from that coustmer by just lying to him but YOU saved him, KEEP IT UP!!
imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 imnotacrook
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts

My boss told me he was at a Wal-Mart and one there ads said that PS3 was the "ONLY" console with backwards-compatibility.

Either way, bad advertisemet can leads to a terrible disadvatage to the consumer who making a choice on a console.

GerrywithaG15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GerrywithaG15
Member since 2007 • 999 Posts

myxylplyx

nice, the world is a better place today

schesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 schesak
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts

Fortunately clueless sales people don't usually have any bias and really are just.. well, clueless.

Great job actually taking the time to talk to the folks and straighten out the facts. A lot of people wouldn't have taken the time to do that, you know.

There is, really, a lot of misinformation out there about the PS3, sadly.(Hence my current sig.) I have talked quite a few people I know into buying one just by talking about mine.. I hear "Oh, I didn't know that!" a lot when I talk about it.

i_DUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 i_DUB
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
Those people at best Buy don't know anything. I go there and ask them things just too miss with them
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts

Might be a lil off topic but I am no longer a customer of BEST BUYS b/c my friend recently bought a SONY laptop from them and it kept crashing and such so he tried to return it and they said nothing is wrong with it and that if u return it then there will be a RESTOCKING FEE which was like $200, my friend fought with em like for an hour but nothing so he had to keep it, They had said nothing bout the FEE when the purchase was made, all they said the time in which he could return it, BTW he was even ready to exchange the same type of laptop but they did not agree and he now has akrappy laptop worth more than $1200.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
has the world fallen into a pit of lies? where unrully ways of competition seeks its way by even customer service .. lies?!

or have i been sleeping under a rock.. and people have been corrupt since the start?!
wait what am i saying.. corporation.. corruption.. close enough nvmd..
thats business i guess -_-
but gj hopefully people will get more educated about these systems..
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
Though sony did say that in some time in the future, ps3s in america will go to the software backwards compatibility in newer systems. Since everybody gets the same firmware basically, I could see how. I don't know if they've scrapped the idea though, since I'm sure it said they'd start in may and its way beyond that.
namcoman67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 namcoman67
Member since 2003 • 633 Posts
gamestop workers are bias. i never ask about videogame things at best buy. i think for me i am just going to buy a PS3 online that way nobody will try to convice me to buy a 360. i wish people would get informed before they ask people things. everytime i want to buy something even if it has nothing to do with videogames. i always do my research and see the pros and cons of the other products. i go for the product that fills my needs or what i want out of it.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

that was very kind of you.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Cool, but I would have told the salesman too.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts

Great job. To bad the sales people have no clue about there job.jimm895

...their job*

Also, good job man. I have no idea why people still think they can't.

killerkane246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 killerkane246
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

hey sounds like the same salesman from the other post.

lol

PSN: killerkane246