The real reason the ps3 version of VF5 doesnt have online play!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bue255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bue255
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

**Originaly posted by me in another topic**

Ibelieve the real reason the ps3 version of VF5 doesn't have online, is that Sega fears online VF would lure people away from the VF arcades in Japan. Sega themselves have stated that the reason the 360 version of VF5 isn't coming out in Japan, is that don't want it to be a competitor to the arcades (arcades which they are making a killing on).

Since ps3 games are region free it would have been pretty pointless not to release VF5 in a specific region, as people could have just imported the game anyways (the fact that Japan is the ps3's biggest marked would also be a factor), so instead they decided not to make the game online on ps3 and started all the rumours about it "not being possible".

This would also explain why there have been no patch released for the ps3 version.

Of course this haven't been proven at all, it's just my little conspiracy theory.

matt_dangelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 matt_dangelo
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts
ok well...ps3 is getting vut out of the loop alot lately..i hope sony will do something about it
Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts
Yeah, sony should demand a patch even if its only for the North American region for now. We don't have arcades here anymore like in asia, give us something to do online Sega.
bue255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bue255
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts
Making a patch that would only work in North America would be next to impossible, anyone from Japan could just go to the american PSN and download it without a problem. The thing they could do, would be to ban all japanese IPs, but that would be the same as admitting they're only in it for the $.