The PSP SERIOUSLY needs a resident evil game......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

5telio5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 5telio5
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

I mean come on. We only have silent hill origins as a survival horror game on the psp. I think they should make an old school RE game but I wouldn't mind if it was RE4-like, I just want to see a familiar RE face on the psp !!!!!! What do you think?

KingStoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KingStoph
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
I was thinking the same thing Yesterday. Would be Awesome indeed
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
I'm kinda surprised that the PSP didn't get any while other handles do, the PSP is a great hardware and a RE game will be awesome for it.
Duffman_X86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Duffman_X86
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

An RE4 style game would work on the psp (using analog for movement and aiming) but i'd like to see it maybe RE 1,2 or 3. That would be awesome if we can play them games again like RE4. Maybe even RE0

HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts

Yeah, PSP needs some Resident Evil. In fact, the PSP would be perfect for such a game. You know, RE4 uses only one analog stick, and so does the old ones. But honestly, I think the old fixed cameras is much more fun than third-person.

But either way, I'd love to see a whole new Resident Evil on the PSP.

zbeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zbeb
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
Resident Evil for PSP would be awesome! With the Resident Evil 4 controls, wow. it would be amazing!
Avatar image for NirvashTypeZero
NirvashTypeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NirvashTypeZero
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i think its because the PSP is selling badly. there arent many game sales on the psp so the companies won't bother with making a game that sells poorly. i think thats the reason why rockstar games wont make SA stories i read before.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Resident Evil 2 with RE4 controls! That would kick all kinds of ass, hell if that was announced and I didn't have one already It'd make me buy a PSP.
echo32gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 echo32gamer
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
Same here. I have questioned that yesterday here in the forums. I don't see any reason why there is no sign of a RE game in the Sony PSP library. Silent Hill was a fun game, but the survival horror king is Resident Evil. Its who started the craze. I hope that Capcom is seriously reading this, and hope they are thinking of taking our suggestions if not already working on a RE project.:evil:
emujames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 emujames
Member since 2005 • 764 Posts
i thought psp and psp games sales had skyrocketed...
mocoloco97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mocoloco97
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

I'm a good example of those skyrocketing sales. I bought my PSP less than two weeks ago because the price has finally become reasonable and I wanted a chance to play the kinds of games they don't have on the DS. I'm keeping both systems because both have great games and I like to have a choice when a game comes out for both systems - now I can own the better version no matter which one it is. It does seem kind of stupid that the DS at least has a port of the first Resident Evil while the PSP has nothing. Survival horror games should be a no-brainer for the PSP. Maybe with sales on the rise the PSP may finally get an RE game before the next generation of handhelds comes along.

Moco Loco

weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts

a question that has been lingering on my mind for quite a while has been brought up!good work!anyway,yeah I agree with those who post in this thread that RE should be in the PSP..but I think RE4 style would be a bit harder to implement,maybe,cos I dun feel so comfortablle with the anoalog stick to aim..but anyway I really hope to see a cool one like what they did to RE4..seriously I think CAPCOM should listen to us gamers sometimes..not just busy finding ways to rack money and ignore our grouses!I played it last on 2005, on the PS2 and till now I still find it memorable..just hope that they will seriously consider creating one exclusive RE game for the PSP!

by the way,psp sales really have improved a lot!most of my friends have alrd own a psp!good job SONY!now I wan more great games!!

echo32gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 echo32gamer
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

The only other option to getting a RE game maybe to MOD your psp and download the RE port from the Playstation store via your PS3. Or play a homebrew style psp game made by a fan of the series. If Capcom is trying to avoid anyone copying the games, there should be something built that would make it hackproof, I have run out of other options.

Seems hopeless.....

Chuuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chuuster
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts

hopefully those companies are replanning to give us those games now that they've seen GOW and FFCC

Personally I would be excited to the max if they made: Resident Evil(maybe a port or a new adventure), another Silent Hill(doubt that..), COD Modern, Super Smash Sony Bros(lol), DMC(port, or new), A frekin SIMS game(zoo, theme park, town, etc), Dragon Quest, and some original games like pokemon was on gameboy. I think the shooters should have the controls of Syphon Filter(psp)

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
Play the Miami Vice game and pretend you're shooting zombies instead of drug dealers. Miami Vice is the only PSP game that plays very similar to Resident Evil 4.
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

i think its because the PSP is selling badly. there arent many game sales on the psp so the companies won't bother with making a game that sells poorly. i think thats the reason why rockstar games wont make SA stories i read before.NirvashTypeZero

Dud, it outsold the wii in japan!

The WII! IN JAPAN!

5telio5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 5telio5

After listening to you guys I think it's time that I post too. Thanx for the comments. Anw PSP sells pretty good y'know? And many major game franchises have gotten at least one game on the psp. Silent Hill, ratchet and clank, syphon filter, god of war, final fantasy... should I go on? Now, whether it should be an old school RE or a new school RE..... Well, none of them are a bad idea, but I'd like to see a refreshing old school RE. But if we view the subject from a realistic perspective, capcom will probably make a new school RE4-like game. Just look at RE DS's sales and RE4's sales. I know they are on different consoles and the ps2 is of greater range than the ds but let's be true; new school shooting REs attract more people than old school tank like controlled REs.... Though I like old school better NOT saying that new school sucks. Anw I don't want to blabber more so Capcom, if you hear us, PLEEEEEAAAAAASE MAKE A NEW PORTABLE RESIDENT EVIL GAME!!!!!!!!!

Iron Maiden Listener

RE Addict

"That is not dead/ Which can eternal lie/ Yet with strange aeons/ Even death may die" - H.P. Lovecraft

juanilloaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 juanilloaf
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
dude i really agree!!! RE would be a blast!!! we demand RE game for PSP NOW!!!! :P
FearBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 FearBoo
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts

maybe they will make RE5 :) for the psp

like lucas arts whant to make the new star wars

Avatar image for BlackPhoenix103
BlackPhoenix103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 BlackPhoenix103
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I agree on this one, there are'nt many great shooters on the PSP and RE is a great series and should be easy to port.
dr_wags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dr_wags
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Perhaps Capcom will announce RE titles for PSP at E3. I would be in line to pre-order ASAP.

jordan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jordan123
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

Im sure they will make a resident evil game on the psp at some point. Hell they made one for the ds. So I think its just really a matter of time.

juanilloaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juanilloaf

Im sure they will make a resident evil game on the psp at some point. Hell they made one for the ds. So I think its just really a matter of time.

jordan123

yeah, how come they make one for ds and not for psp, that really sucks

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

I think it'll be more likely that we see direct ports of the original psx RE titles as downloadable content via the Playstation store... At a hefty price, of course.

juanilloaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juanilloaf

I think it'll be more likely that we see direct ports of the original psx RE titles as downloadable content via the Playstation store... At a hefty price, of course.

volume_three

i think i would be better if sony developes a converter for psx games to psp game, because i think its not fair that i need to buy a game i already have for psx just because i want to play it on my psp

juanilloaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 juanilloaf

volume_three

i think i would be better if sony developes a converter for psx games to psp game, because i think its not fair that i need to buy a game i already have for psx just because i want to play it on my psp

juanilloaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juanilloaf
ooops! i posted twice sorry
fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fartmixer26
Member since 2008 • 830 Posts
they should make it like the old games cuz i like silent hill but i think the res evil games are scarier, plus the res evil remake on gamecube was really good and would be cool to play on psp, or an original title
5telio5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 5telio5

Co op play will also be quite interesting you know. Capcom blew that chance with RE0- that was one of the biggest missed chances of all time (NOT to mention devil may cry 4's co op possibilities)-. Just imagine a co op old school RE game. That would be OVER THE TOP!!!!! Thoughts???

Iron Maiden Listener

Resident Evil Addict

flip13lolb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 flip13lolb
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts
I belvieve there was a petition to get the gam on the psp type resident evil psp in on google and sign
cjothom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cjothom
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts
I agree! It would be amazing to have a RE game for the PSP.
Rammaster2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Rammaster2
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
I've been waiting for a RE game since I got a PSP. Come on, they have Silent Hill and don't have RE.
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
well i wouldnt be surprised to see re4 psp edition:now with........nothing new but we know everyone will buy it!
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

Co op play will also be quite interesting you know. Capcom blew that chance with RE0- that was one of the biggest missed chances of all time (NOT to mention devil may cry 4's co op possibilities)-. Just imagine a co op old school RE game. That would be OVER THE TOP!!!!! Thoughts???

Iron Maiden Listener

Resident Evil Addict

5telio5
I agree, the possibilities.....*drools*......are astonishing.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I'd definitely check out a Resident Evil game on PSP, as long as it wasn't one of those on-rails shooters.
I1yodsyo1I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 I1yodsyo1I
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
I want a RE game for the PSP, but I personally don't want it to be a port like RE for the DS.
Ted_Bundy000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ted_Bundy000
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts
Oh hell yes the psp needs a resident evil game. Not the new third person view though. The classic pre-rendered backrounds would be more logical for the button lay out of the psp.
5telio5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 5telio5

Hey guys, what if you spread the word around and all of us Resident Evil Addicts send emails to Capcom so that our prayers will be heard??? Do you think that it would work??? I think let's all unite our power and give it a try!!!!!

Iron Maiden Listener

Resident Evil Addict

FearBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 FearBoo
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts

I actualy had the PSX port of RE1,2,3 on my PSP

zombiefruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zombiefruit
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
The controls are already bad enough, lets not showcase that problem. If they made a re4 port, ok.
Avatar image for deactivated-61f554adcef90
deactivated-61f554adcef90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 deactivated-61f554adcef90
Member since 2005 • 8056 Posts
Wel the Petition didnt got afther a while any answer , so Im hoping that we will see at least a new Capcom announcement for the PSP this year . Monster Hunter Portable 2G just broke Super Smash Brothers Brawl first week sales , becoming in Japan the fastest selling game this year , so I do bealive that Capcom will bring a new game for the PSP . The question is wich ? It could also be DMC or an entirely new IP , or both + Resident Evil ... but man I want RE for my PSP :D
InquisitorCrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 InquisitorCrox
Member since 2006 • 617 Posts

An RE4 style game would work on the psp (using analog for movement and aiming) but i'd like to see it maybe RE 1,2 or 3. That would be awesome if we can play them games again like RE4. Maybe even RE0

Duffman_X86

You know that there are "unofficial" psone ports for all those 3 titles and the gun survivor, right?

There was a torrent named "resident compilation" and that was the reason, that mademy turn "outlaw", i am a hardcore Resi fan, actually, this series was the reason i became a player, so i wouldnt miss the chance to have them in my psp, the graphics are cropped just a bit but... who cares??