The PSP & school: do the two mix?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scarker
Member since 2008 • 1433 Posts
I'm thinkin', when I'm getting my PlayStation Portable, I'd use it for school as well. Mainly for before school and after when I'm going to and going back home. Have any of you ever used a PSP inside the school? During lunch? During classes? Has it ever been stolen? Any personal policies you guys have for the security of your PSP at school, or public places? Any interesting experiences you've had with your PSP at school?
FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

I'm thinkin', when I'm getting my PlayStation Portable, I'd use it for school as well. Mainly for before school and after when I'm going to and going back home. Have any of you ever used a PSP inside the school? During lunch? During classes? Has it ever been stolen? Any personal policies you guys have for the security of your PSP at school, or public places? Any interesting experiences you've had with your PSP at school?Scarker

I always brought mine to school to listen to music during calculus lol

Mine has never been stolen because it is always on my person.

My only tip for you if your gonna bring it to school is ALWAYS KEEP IT ON YOU.

Never leave it in a locker or out for everyone to see unless your using it.

arctrooper48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 arctrooper48
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Well, for me, I can pretty much play my psp in any of my classes, as long as I have my work complete. Just, as said before, not let anyone use it/touch it/ look at it. Also, be careful, you can easily break your psp (if in a bookbag) or lose it (sliding out of yuor pocket).
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

Main advise, get a hard case

Mine was in my backpack once, and a friend threw it from a chair, then I told him my psp was in there, and he got pale LOL, Me and some friends started saying that he would have to pay for it if it was damaged and stuff like that hahahah, but I knew it was ok because of the Logitech playgear pocket I bought. And of course it was.

Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts
I used my psp for music all the time before i got my ipod. I wouldnt try playing games with it though during class :| . Also if your using it to listen to music dont set it on your desk, teachers will think your playing games, just keep it in your pocket while listening.
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
Man, alot of you guys are lucky that you can listen to music and play games in school, our school is way more strict. Unless we're told we can, we can't have our phone, ipod, etc. out or we get in trouble and it gets taken away. So I just listen to my ipod or sometimes play my PSP on the bus on the way to or back from school.
JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts
Yeah, my crazy strict school doesn't allow any electronics out during class periods, but during lunch (and in the music room where rules seem to be thrown out the door) I sometimes use my psp. It has never been stolen since I always keep it with me. I wouldn't recommend ever leaving an expensive item out of your reach or eye site at school, but maybe that is just my school. So yeah, I think that school and the psp mix.
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

i used it at school.

but my school has way to much rules for it.

the only time i could take it out and use it in front of the techer was on finals.

also i never kept my PS in my backpack. i dont know why anyone should do that.

and if i did took it to school i never dress out for gym or PE what ever u guys call it. cuz i know i will be taking a big risk by leaving my PSP in my locker. i just never dress out. also i always kept it in my pocket. and when i took it out i always had the wrist band around my hand just in case some one stupid wants to steal it out of my hands. they will have to take me with them

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

i used it at school.

but my school has way to much rules for it.

the only time i could take it out and use it in front of the techer was on finals.

also i never kept my PS in my backpack. i dont know why anyone should do that.

and if i did took it to school i never dress out for gym or PE what ever u guys call it. cuz i know i will be taking a big risk by leaving my PSP in my locker. i just never dress out. also i always kept it in my pocket. and when i took it out i always had the wrist band around my hand just in case some one stupid wants to steal it out of my hands. they will have to take me with them

acsam12304

So you were willing to get a low grade in PE for the sake of your PSP?:lol: Your Gym teachers must have loved you. What is wrong with keeping your PSP in your backpack? My bag never leaves my side.

k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
a friend of mine used his psp in our computer graphics class all the time but that was only because us and like 2 others always finished the projects early and were waiting for the rest of the class to catch up, if your teachers cool he/she might let you play it and if they tell you to put it away without taking it than your somewhat lucky
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
yeah always, during break or last year in some of my classes the teachers were cool and when we were finished class work we could do w/e
ssjtrunks04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ssjtrunks04
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

I'd say play it during class, but teachers are still Nazi's about that and will take stuff away, they say "you'll get it back after class" funny how most of the time you never actually get the items back. I remember when I used to be in school, I lost so many items that way.

snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts
The whole stolen thing depends on where you live really or the people in your school. I know a lot of people that use them in school. I have one teacher who brought his in one time and played while we did homework lol.
ClassicPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 ClassicPlayer
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

I'm thinkin', when I'm getting my PlayStation Portable, I'd use it for school as well. Mainly for before school and after when I'm going to and going back home. Have any of you ever used a PSP inside the school? During lunch? During classes? Has it ever been stolen? Any personal policies you guys have for the security of your PSP at school, or public places? Any interesting experiences you've had with your PSP at school?Scarker

I bring it in on days when I have Art and ICT, thats about the only time in school really. What I suggest is get a PSP Carrier case, or something to protect it a little so it don't get smashed or scratched, and always keep it on you, don't "lend" it to anyone.

reddeadrover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 reddeadrover
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
God u lot are all lucky. My teachers would go compltely nutz if we got our psp's out during class work finished or not regardless. We arent aloud our ipods or mp3s either. But as im a rebel:) itook mine in for the lunch hour, dont lend it to anyone and make sure you have a HARD CASE for it coz my school corridors get bumped around a bit and i went to take my psp out and coded arms usd had come out of the psp and was snapped in 2!
Nebii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Nebii
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i use my psp all the time at school
i normally use it before school+lunch time

when i play in skool its usually time-killing games like WTF and Metal Slug

And for security... i always have my psp in my pocket or in my girlfriends bag
id never leave it anywhere else ^^

twilight_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 twilight_69
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts

I play games on the bus to and from school. i always keep it on my person, but if i have gym or something ill leave it in my locker (not the gym one) but make sure its locked. Dont play in class though, always risky.

Hard case isint a bad idea either, although it takes up alot more space

EvilFlanders88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EvilFlanders88
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
I never take my psp to school... I just take my ipod. I did nothing in atleast 5 subjects last year and got 777 in my SAT's. My school are really strict on EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. No electronics of any type. Not even aloud to listen to an ipod on low volume at lunchtime. Guess why? Cyber bullying. It's pretty pathetic to take away any electronic device they see and get your parents to come in and collect it. Thats the same wth any tops,jumpers,hoddys etc. You have to get your parents to collect them. They even give you a detention if your top button is undone... wtf??? I go to a british school and I hate the school I go to.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
i keep mine in my pocket
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
I never brought it there. some guys in my class are really annoy me. like we had the christmass party and brought my mobile with it and told me can i use it to play with it a million times and punched him in the stomatch. i recommend dont go to school with it.