the first red faction or the second?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bboykoolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bboykoolade
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

Should I buy the first red faction or the armagedon one? which one is better? I want to get the red faction one only because its cheaper but i also dont know if the armagedon one is any better. which one should i get?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
guerrilla. and its 10 bucks on psn right now
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts
Guerilla is awesome, but i haven't played Armageddon. I would go with Guerilla though since it's cheaper and has better review scores.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'd say Guerilla. Apparently it's really cheap now, but ignoring that, the game is simply one of the most fun you can have, and is one of the few games that gives you an open world to blow up tons of stuff in. From what I've read it seems the newer RF isn't as good and is less open world.

vette68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 vette68
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

Have you actually played the first red faction on ps2? I gotta say that one was the best by far, the fourth one Armaggdon had the best graphics out of all of them, I suggest if you havent played any of the series you might wanna go back and play the very first one....second one wasnt really great at all... Guerilla was outstanding and armeggedon was great but the storyline was sorta "differently new" and kinda missed the point of what the game is really about. Overall it was a very good game though and very much worth renting.

vette68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 vette68
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

And yes everyone else is correct, Gureilla was an open free roam game where Armegeddon was more of a campaign go straight through type.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#7 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Red Faction: Guerrilla is a lot better than Armageddon, plus it's cheaper.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Have you actually played the first red faction on ps2? I gotta say that one was the best by far, the fourth one Armaggdon had the best graphics out of all of them, I suggest if you havent played any of the series you might wanna go back and play the very first one....second one wasnt really great at all... Guerilla was outstanding and armeggedon was great but the storyline was sorta "differently new" and kinda missed the point of what the game is really about. Overall it was a very good game though and very much worth renting.

vette68

I definitely liked those games (PS2) better than what the series has become on this gen of consoles. Still have 'em!

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#9 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Guerrilla is the best one to get as it makes better use out of the Geo Mod engine and you can blow more things up. I enjoyed Red Faction Armageddon but the caves are so repetitive at least with Guerrilla you have a massive area with plenty of places to destroy. It's a shame THQ has told us that no more Red Faction games will be developed. The problem with Volition the company didn't listen to the fans the open world format was a success why change it into a linear style game with cave after cave. I also think one of the other failers of Armageddon was cutting out the competitive multiplayer. Get Guerrilla it's cheaper and it's better.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
its technically the 3rd and 4th red faction game... anyways... i havnt played armageddon but i think that would be the better game.. guerrilla was very tedious and bland in terms of variety and environment.. lots of tedious driving with a boring setting to drive in. fantastic gunplay though
killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

go for the first one, coz its cheaper and has more free raoming elements and side missions. The second one is not worth getting the story is too short!!

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Should I buy the first red faction or the armagedon one? which one is better? I want to get the red faction one only because its cheaper but i also dont know if the armagedon one is any better. which one should i get?

bboykoolade
The first red faction game isn't on PS3.. its on PC. Red Faction: Guerilla is on PS3.. and its a lot of fun!
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

[QUOTE="bboykoolade"]

Rattlesnake_8

The first red faction game isn't on PS3.. its on PC. Red Faction: Guerilla is on PS3.. and its a lot of fun!

The first RF was also on the PS2.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I really loved Guerrilla, I'd highly recommend it especially if it's cheap. Haven't played Armageddon, though the demo didn't do much for me.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

If you like GTA type games that allows you to destroy a lot of stuff then Guerrilla (actually the 3rd Red Faction game) is a better choice. Although it is basically GTA on Mars...get in car...drive to way point...do mission...return to base...rinse and repeat.

Armageddon is more of a Third Person Action Shooter. I really like both, but Armageddon is my choice of the two. There is a lot more exploring in this one, and it never got boring..tons of monsters always attacking. Just about the time you caught your breath there would be more. Lots of vehicles to drive, and the magnet gun is awesome, and a lot of fun to use.