switching from hd to standard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

22SNYPER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 22SNYPER
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts
Taking ps3 to friends house and need to know how to switch from hd to reg. at his house. I tried before and all we got was blue screen.
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts
well what cables are you using. First you gotta ajust your settings at your house to standard before you take it to your friends house cause it will not work when you go there. That is your problem i think because I had the same one
Noobenator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Noobenator666
Member since 2006 • 98 Posts
make sure ur ps3 is in standby. then hold the power/reset button until you hear it beep TWICE. then it is reset to its minimum setting.
darkties20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkties20
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts

you need to go to the video and audio settings and switch them back to the regular av/multi connection before you go to his or her house cause the ps3 is already set up for hd and you cant do anything to change it on a standard tv, i had this same problem at my house when i would play on my uncles hd tv before i had one of my own, now that i have one i dont have the problem but i know what youre talking about, hope i helped some

Proud PS3 40 gb owner PSN ID : darkties19

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

make sure ur ps3 is in standby. then hold the power/reset button until you hear it beep TWICE. then it is reset to its minimum setting.Noobenator666

Actually what that does is has the PS3 find the optimal setting, so if you had it set up for sd and move to hd it should work too.

Noobenator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Noobenator666
Member since 2006 • 98 Posts

[QUOTE="Noobenator666"]make sure ur ps3 is in standby. then hold the power/reset button until you hear it beep TWICE. then it is reset to its minimum setting.The_Rick_14

Actually what that does is has the PS3 find the optimal setting, so if you had it set up for sd and move to hd it should work too.

oh okay. had it mixed u

jusmurph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jusmurph
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts

[QUOTE="Noobenator666"]make sure ur ps3 is in standby. then hold the power/reset button until you hear it beep TWICE. then it is reset to its minimum setting.The_Rick_14

Awesome. Thaks for the info