Soooo I guess European PlayStation users get ANOTHER incentive.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

Well if it wasn't an insult enough to throw in the best free games US PSN+ users get last month "actually for a few months straight now" into the EU store "Ignoring Mortal Combat, LIMBO, and the plethora of WAY better deals on games people actually want" They get their own online store that they can browse and buy games straight from their PC. "which beats searching on that horrid lagging mess they call a store on the PS3".

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/games

I am at my limit with PlayStation, I honestly thought buying one was a good idea but boy was I wrong, there hardly seems to be any good deals other then a few Sega games and to top it all off.... NBA JAM???? Who wants that game??? WHO???

If that doesn't enrage you enough how about that nice 25% discount they are offering for a year of PS+ which in USD would cost $39.54 But hey at least we get Music Unlimited for $12 a year right??? Too bad its garbage and not even worth a dollar, Pandora rips it to shreds and its free.

I also have noticed that the Japanese and European PSN store has a HUGE plethora of games "ESPECIALLY GREAT LEGACY ONES" That we simply don't get.

I have already spent allot of money on the PSN store already and I don't care if the games get locked out when my PS+ gets canceled, I WONT be renewing it again ever.. Actually im considering selling the PS3 all together its really inferior to Steam and I stick by my word "AND THAT'S SAD being that valve isn't even in the hardware market yet" although I admit there is a FEW games ill miss like PlayStation Allstars but its just NOT WORTH IT. Sony, you are just one huge let down and as soon as people start looking at what PlayStation+ for what it is in the US "A huge gimmick" Then maybe you will start to make better business decisions but until then, I hope you all enjoy paying $49.99 a Year for games that have been in the bargain bin for nearly a year and a half and the more expensive then Amazon discounts on games that "no one that I know atleast" wants.

I apologize to anyone this offends, this is just my 2c and I had to get it off my chest.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

LOL PSN+.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

So...you bought a PS3 just for PS+ ?

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrooperManaic

No. I just feel its a huge ripoff. Also there is allot of things that influence my opinions.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Comparing PSN to Steam is useless as is this post. If you have the PC rig to play all the multiplatform games lag-free then knock yourself out. What Valve is doing with their sales is a different animal altogether. Should things on the PS store be cheaper? Absolutely. Coming here to complain about how your $5-a-month on Plus is not satisfying you and allowing that to ruin your PS3 ownership won't garner much sympathy. When the Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, Beyond: Two Souls and God of War(to name a few) come out you'll be loving your PS3 again . . .

waytocupok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 waytocupok
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
i think so, I just feel its a huge ripoff. Also there is allot of things that influence my opinions.thanks for your sharing,
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
NBA Jam is dope, also QQ.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Boo-f*cking-hoo.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts
Idk it hasn't seemed interesting enough to me to purchase PSN+. I'm not sure how it works but if I loose my games when I don't pay for it anymore I won't ever get it.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

If that doesn't enrage you enough how about that nice 25% discount they are offering for a year of PS+ which in USD would cost $39.54

TrooperManaic

indifferent.gif

What you've failed to mention is that an annual subscription for us (in Australia at least and based on current exchange rates) usually costs US$73.30. Even with a 25% discount we're still paying the equivalent of US$54.96.

How much do you normally pay? $49.99? rolleyes.gif

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

Europe definitely gets at least 30% more value out of their subscription though. North American PS+ should go on sale but it hasn't yet. Either way, it's worth the $4.17/month that it breaks down to. Here's a list of all free-to-play games available since the start of the IGC, taken from cheapassgamer.com. It's missing NBA Jam: On Fire and Chronovolt, added this week.

June 2012 - 12 Games
Choplifter HD - PSN - 6/5/12
Hard Corp: Uprising - PSN - 6/5/12
Infamous 2 - PS3 - 6/5/12
Just Cause 2 - PS3 - 6/5/12
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - PSN - 6/5/12
Little Big Planet 2 - PS3 - 6/5/12
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - PS3 - 6/5/12
Saints Row 2 - PS3 - 6/5/12
Sideway NY - PSN - 6/5/12
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - PSN - 6/5/12
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - PS3 - 6/5/12
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone - PSN - 6/5/12
PS3: 6 - PSN: 6 - PS1: 0 - Minis: 0

July 2012 - 5 Games
Gotham City Impostors - PSN - 7/3/12
Hot Shots Golf 2 - PS1 - 7/17/12
International Track and Field - PS1 - 7/17/12
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - PSN - 7/3/12
Renegade Ops - PSN - 7/3/12
PS3: 0 - PSN: 3 - PS1: 2 - Minis: 0

August 2012 - 5 Games
BloodRayne: Betrayal - PSN - 8/14/12
Outland - PSN - 8/14/12
Ronnie O'Sullivan's Snooker - Minis - 8/28/12
The Walking Dead Episode 1 - PSN - 8/7/12
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - PSN - 8/7/12
PS3: 0 - PSN: 4 - PS1: 0 - Minis: 1

September 2012 - 4 Games
Borderlands - PS3 - 9/4/12
Double Dragon Neon - PSN - 9/11/12
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - PSN - 9/11/12
Starhawk Single-Player Campaign - PS3 - 9/25/12
PS3: 2 - PSN: 2 - PS1: 0 - Minis: 1

October 2012 - 3 Games
The King of Fighters XIII - PS3 - 10/9/12
NFL Blitz - PSN - 10/2/12
PayDay: The Heist - PSN - 10/16/12
PS3: 1 - PSN: 2 - PS1: 0 - Minis: 0

November 2012 - 10 Games
Classic Sonic Bundle - PSN - 11/20/12
Dungeon Defenders - PSN - 11/20/12
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - PSP/Vita - 11/20/12
Gravity Rush - Vita - 11/20/12
Jet Set Radio - Vita - 11/20/12
Quantum Conundrum - PSN - 11/13/12
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - PS3 - 11/6/12
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita - 11/20/12
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita - 11/20/12
Wipeout 2048 - Vita - 11/20/12
PS3: 1 - PSN: 3 - PS1: 0 - Minis: 0 - PSP: 1 - Vita: 5

December 2012 - 4 Games
Anomaly Warzone Earth - PSN - 12/18/12
BioShock 2 - PS3 - 12/4/12
Rochard - PSN - 12/11/12
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - PS3 - 12/11/12
PS3: 2 - PSN: 2 - PS1: 0 - Minis: 0 - PSP: 0 - Vita: 0FriskyTanuki

It's possible that 0 games have appealed to you since you've subscribed, but it is ridiculous to call it a ripoff.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts
Idk it hasn't seemed interesting enough to me to purchase PSN+. I'm not sure how it works but if I loose my games when I don't pay for it anymore I won't ever get it. arcangelgold
You only lose the "free" games that you get access to via your PS+ subscription. You don't lose any games that you actually purchase.
Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Killzonage
Member since 2012 • 397 Posts
LOL complaining at nothing. I wanted NBA JAM, game is fantastic.
porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Idk it hasn't seemed interesting enough to me to purchase PSN+. I'm not sure how it works but if I loose my games when I don't pay for it anymore I won't ever get it. arcangelgold

The payoff is a gradual thing. You won't see how benefitial the service is until a few months in when your collection starts to grow. The only drawback to Plus is that newcomers don't get access to all the games that have previously been offered for free. Other than that it's similar to any subsciption service like Netflix as you do see anyone complaining about not owning(or having access to) the content when they stop paying for it.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

EU PS+ users like us have been enjoying alota juice since we joing the PS wagon, you be jelly now mate :p

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Troll thread?? They have given away so many FREE games, how can you complain about NBA Jame? What about Bioshock, Little Big Planet 2, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc etc.. they have given away a heap of free games. Why complain about what the EU store gets? Who cares? Sure they might get something awesome, but we get great things too. Stop complaining and go play your free games! If you don't like it, don't buy PSN+. Trade your system in and move on to the Wii U. The rest of us will enjoy our goodies every month.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

1 Euro = 1.32 $

meaning you pay games 32% cheaper, I'll get that instead of 3 good games on PS+

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
This is one of the few times EU gets an advantage over NA with something PlayStation related. If I had a really small violin and knew how to play it...
Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts

The payoff is a gradual thing. You won't see how benefitial the service is until a few months in when your collection starts to grow.porkchopxp
I got a PS3 (again) for Christmas. I signed up to PS+, so far I have got Infamous 2, RE5 Gold, Vanquish, Mortal Combat, Bioshock 2, R & C All For One. These are all games that I would definately have bought. IDK how much these games would have cost me but it's a lot more than a year PS+ subscription. Also I get plenty of 'kiddie' games for my kids. The only downside is that I need a bigger hard drive. For at least a few years, USA PS+ subscribers got way better content and offers so it makes a change! So instead of whining about it being a 'huge rip-off' on an internet forum, why don't you blame yourself for being stupid enough to sign up to something before doing your research?? "I also have noticed that the Japanese and European PSN store has a HUGE plethora of games "ESPECIALLY GREAT LEGACY ONES" That we simply don't get." Why don't you register a European or Japanese account then? BOO HOO I'm considering selling my PS3 because Europe & Japan get better PS+ content? Did you not get enough cuddles from your mummy when you were younger or something?

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TrooperManaic

And I now remember why I don't come to these forums. I haven't seen an intelligent informal response since the PC forums, except maybe 2 other people here. There something to be said about that.

So instead of another mindless robot throwing my money into another "basically" gashapon. Ill continue to buy my games on Amazon where the REAL deals are.

Also I find it HILARIOUS how much Dark Souls cost on PSN, I bought it for $5 at Gamestop yesterday and they consider that a sale... Pitiful.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

And I now remember why I don't come to these forums.TrooperManaic

dats good

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

Is there a list of what games/freebies have come out in the different territories? I feel like we've gotten some pretty good stuff too. And it seems like we get stuff first; more often than not.