Sony's living in the past.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for spikeydude97323
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spikeydude97323
Member since 2003 • 1286 Posts

Every big title coming out this year is single player only. Thats great for the people who enjoy a great, in depth story but these days the majority want competitive online gaming aswell. We are paying big bucks for these consoles and games so we deserve more for our money.

Look at the big titles on the 360 they have Co-op mode online, Ranked gaming andNon-ranked gaming aswell as a single player. Every big title on the ps3 seems just to have single player only: Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair,Uncharted (which could have awesome mp imo) Or Multiplayer only: Warhawk, Eye Of judgment, Socom Confortation ( which usually has awesome sp too) Sure theres a few exceptions but not many.

Hopefully this will all change in 08 with Killzone 2 and Metal gear plus LBP (I hope) But this year it looks like sony hasn't really evolved much from the ps2 whereas the 360 has really stepped the next gen up in terms of online functuality.

SHootER_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SHootER_FAN
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
mutiplayer has always been sonys weak spot, they keep saying there gonna try and make it better but they i think they just say that so they don't lose there fans
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts
Thank god as far as the technology is concerned they are way ahead of the competition.
SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts
I never cared about Online play just single player games. So it is fine bu me.
SHootER_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SHootER_FAN
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

aslong as a game has offline multiplayer i'll enjoy it rather play with a person sitting next to you then online

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

Every big title coming out this year is single player only. Thats great for the people who enjoy a great, in depth story but these days the majority want competitive online gaming aswell. We are paying big bucks for these consoles and games so we deserve more for our money.

Look at the big titles on the 360 they have Co-op mode online, Ranked gaming andNon-ranked gaming aswell as a single player. Every big title on the ps3 seems just to have single player only: Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair,Uncharted (which could have awesome mp imo) Or Multiplayer only: Warhawk, Eye Of judgment, Socom Confortation ( which usually has awesome sp too) Sure theres a few exceptions but not many.

Hopefully this will all change in 08 with Killzone 2 and Metal gear plus LBP (I hope) But this year it looks like sony hasn't really evolved much from the ps2 whereas the 360 has really stepped the next gen up in terms of online functuality.

spikeydude97323

First off: speak for yourself. I'm more of a single player type of guy and I know a lot of people are. That being said. Haze is coming exclusively made by Free Radical: the absolute kings ofMP gaming. Or did you forget the multiplayer of Goldeneye64 which was the best ever. Then we have MGS online coming soon. We have several sports games we can play online. We'll get the best racing game in existence to play online next year. I don't really see a problem. If you're only interested in online shooters: sell your PS3 (and miss out on Haze, but hey, your loss) and keep playing your 360.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

"majority want competitive online gaming"?

wow, what a claim! any numbers to back yourself up?

or do you mean "repetitive online gaming"?

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
All the games that got Co-op and online multiplayer seems to be Shooters. Very few other genres have that.
campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

"majority want competitive online gaming"?

wow, what a claim! any numbers to back yourself up?

or do you mean "repetitive online gaming"?

lhbchen

I don't know about the majority but everyone playing and enjoying Warhawk will tell you they like online play.

Its fair to say if you gave most people the option of having competitive online gaming then they will take it even if they dont use it very often. Its better thannot having it.

walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
I prefer Co-op campaign mode over mulitplayer versus ANY DAY of the week. I think games need Co-op over the net *Cough*HAZE*Cough* and a decent story rather than online modes that turn out being the same thing over and over. That's why I'll be getting UT3, assault mode and the improved "onslaught mode" (They call it something else) Because Team Objective is also a lot of fun!
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

I like online gaming. I mean one of my greatest addictions was Jak X online.... BUT I always liked better a well build and with a dept story SP.

If a game has a great SP, I'm good with it. But online MP is always welcome :)

Has for uncharted having MP...I think it would spoil the "magic" of the game.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I'm mostly a solo player, only online experiences were MMORPG on PC (City of heroes, Everquest 2). PS3 games I bought are : Genji 2, Marvel ultimate alliance (forget the online mode), Heavenly sword, Harry Potter 5, Enchanted arms. I'm waiting for : Folklore, Clive Barker's Jericho and Eye of Judgment. So the only game I'm going to play online is Eye of Judgment ... not a FPS or MMORPG!

There will be some online FPS, maybe some MMORPG, but I think it's healthier to play alone or with "real" friends at home, than with "virtual" online players that most often play worse than the computer and can insult you, kick you out of games ...

GlavinChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GlavinChris
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts

I got a question for the OP, what games that are going to be like that that sony doesnt have? I mean, doesnt the PS3 have games like COD4, UT3, Haze, MGO, Resistance 2 (in the future) Virtual Fighter 5 online, tekken online, all of those sports games etc etc Thats a pretty mighty list for a company that is just getting into the online play if you ask me...

-The Glavin

darkusse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darkusse
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
I honestly prefer online gaming.. especially considering how short the offline modes are..
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

Thank god as far as the technology is concerned they are way ahead of the competition.el_rika

exactly...

guanuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 guanuma
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts

spikeydude97323

Not all games should have online capabilities, why? well there are games that are not design for it, it just woldnt make sense. Why would you want God of War with online? or Ratchet and clank? or Final Fantasy (im not talking about the mmorpg ones)?

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="spikeydude97323"]

NielsNL

First off: speak for yourself. I'm more of a single player type of guy and I know a lot of people are. That being said. Haze is coming exclusively made by Free Radical: the absolute kings ofMP gaming. Or did you forget the multiplayer of Goldeneye64 which was the best ever. Then we have MGS online coming soon. We have several sports games we can play online. We'll get the best racing game in existence to play online next year. I don't really see a problem. If you're only interested in online shooters: sell your PS3 (and miss out on Haze, but hey, your loss) and keep playing your 360.

Agree with GoldenEye 64. That was one of the best for its time.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'll second that, Golden Eye was excellent.

On the topic, I'll also be in the category of single player experience. To me, story is the main reason to play good games. I don't really mind online that much.

I'm a veteran of MMORPG's, however it can only last for so long with very repetitive and eventually boring feeling. You play what you enjoy, true that.

In fact majority of people prefer Single player in my opinion. Right now I'm speaking for myself, but after 50 hours a week work, I'd rather jump on the bed to push a story forward a bit and play for hour - two then anything else.

Some games are good to be bundled online, for example - Resistance. I finished single player campaign, an hour Online time to time keeps me happy.

Then again, I don't see Heavenly Sword which I really enjoy re-playing every so often to be online based.

Many people don't have high speed Internet, it costly you when you add other house chores to it, let alone many hours a day to be competitive online. That, my friend is majority :)

envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts
I truly enjoy playing single player games more than multiplayer games that are online. Multiplayer games are great when you're playing it with friendswho are with you. The interaction & trash talk is much more fun. Online is well...... meh. But then to each his/her own choices.
PS2Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS2Hawk
Member since 2003 • 4180 Posts

I can see co op in Uncharted at some points but mentioning other games is just stupid.

shavemylemur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shavemylemur
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

online for me is just the same as playing an arcade mode or single player if no one is in the room with cheaper tatics by the other players- but offline multiplayer- that can extend the life of the game- i still play timesplitters 2 with my friends- its only good if they in the room

Madyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Madyson
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

NielsNL

Lol i second that...

Seriously speak for yourself OP, i enjoy games that have both on/offline feature.

Online isn't a must for me to enjoy a good game.

If you haven't noticed most online games are FPS which is the same sh!t but different day.

They all are the same just a different facelift and name and no depth to it.

If you're into killing people/aliens or w/e over and over you can do that the best on a PC.

PS3 on the other hand have games with depth and style, so does the 360 but their spot in the light die faster compared to PS3.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

Personally, I play single player games more.

Also, all major titles coming are single player? I can only think of two major exclusives that are single player.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
First the xbox did not make it because they concentrated on-line to much and only 2 million out of 30 million were on-line. so the rest had to settle for fable and ngb. i mean sony nows that more single players out there. sony make sure that there is anuff of both worlds. third party makes mostly on-line games look at cod 4 rumor has it that it will be 4 hours long for single player. it sucks that the single player guys get shafted. look at bioshock one of the best games for 360 yet does not have on-line. it is so great because the dev consintrate on single player to make the game better. so why would sony make on-line after on-line when third parties have it. i bet single player games will sell more this gen as well as the last gens.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

personally I like them both due mainly that I'm the only one of my friends that has a PS3. Multiplay is hot but if they are not good at it since they don't play it, it is not fun.

SouL-AsyluM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SouL-AsyluM
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
sometimes you need a single player game... i wouldnt want to own a system where all the game are online, that i cant take some time for myself and enjoy a good story or presentation. Sure alot of people enjoy online play, but Sony is playing smart... why would you want 40 games focused on online play when only 4 or 5 will be good and will be played.
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 spikeydude97323

I understandthere are alot of people who enjoy indepth single player games, Iloveplayingfinal fantasy'sand metal gear solids but if sony wants to win this war they need some games which offer great SP & MP. Like I said before this generation is expensive, too expensive for some gamers atm.

An averagesingle player game can last 6 hours, Is that really worth £50 imo not really. Final Fantasys are different as they are extremely long and have plenty of other things to do, same with grand thet autos but Heavenly Sword is just far too short. Ratchet and Clank & Uncharted could of easily had a really decent MP, I loved playing through ratchet and clank 3 then getting to play MP online with friends for months. It made the game last much longer.

I think Sony should create a title which changes the ps3's image of being a Single Player experience as online MP is so huge these days, they are missing out on a big percentage of gamers.

Magatsu23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Magatsu23
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts
multiplayer competitive is good, but i already have my pc for that. on the console i just like coop and a nice, elaborate single player game. online MP is a bit overrated in my opinion. it is good, sure, but it is not everything.
GlavinChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GlavinChris
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts

I got a question for the OP, what games that are going to be like that that sony doesnt have? I mean, doesnt the PS3 have games like COD4, UT3, Haze, MGO, Resistance 2 (in the future) Virtual Fighter 5 online, tekken online, all of those sports games etc etc Thats a pretty mighty list for a company that is just getting into the online play if you ask me...

-The Glavin

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sokol4ever

Why does it always has to be a War between consoles?

I don't care for it, nor I ever did. I play games on Play Station because I enjoy them, I have fun with them since PS1.

Even if PS3 is the bottom of the crew in future, it provides the games that I enjoy. Some of you people need to think outside of the box.

Aren't games supposed to be fun? Aren't you supposed to kick back and enjoy Gears of War, Mario Strikers, Heavenly Sword and not complain about it?

I'm sick of most immature mentality most of this threads provide this days. And it's not a personal opinion either. It's ignorance and media brainwashing of the people who make such posts.

Games are made to be fun, you play them for fun. No matter which console. Sink it in for once.. and stop fighting over it.

If you don't like the certain console, who the hell is making or forcing you to play on it??

Eh, what's the point...

SouL-AsyluM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SouL-AsyluM
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

I don't care for it, nor I ever did. I play games on Play Station because I enjoy them, I have fun with them since PS1.

Even if PS3 is the bottom of the crew in future, it provides the games that I enjoy. Some of you people need to think outside of the box.

Aren't games supposed to be fun? Aren't you supposed to kick back and enjoy Gears of War, Mario Strikers, Heavenly Sword and not complain about it?

I'm sick of most immature mentality most of this threads provide this days. And it's not a personal opinion either. It's ignorance and media brainwashing of the people who make such posts.

Games are made to be fun, you play them for fun. No matter which console. Sink it in for once.. and stop fighting over it.

If you don't like the certain console, who the hell is making or forcing you to play on it??

Eh, what's the point...

Sokol4ever

amen.

Magatsu23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Magatsu23
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

Eh, what's the point...

Sokol4ever

couldn´t agree more. and when you think about it, you are completely right. the media is keen on continuing the war, by publishing stupid and unthought numbers and comments (just check out GS lineup of recent news). we just play what we want to play. it is not like the companies fight for us. we just have to do and support whoever we prefer. or else this war is becoming more and more like religion when you think about it o.o

spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spikeydude97323

Eh, what's the point...

Sokol4ever

War between consoles is very important, Competition is the reason why these companys go all out trying to persuade usto by their console and software. If there were no competition sony wouldn't put so much effort into their first party titles or their firmware updates as they would be the only console on the market. Also like right now in forums people compare and contrast features and differences in consoles and games. Developers do read and research in certain forums which gives them an insight in what people want.

Theres nothing immature about this thread its totally a valid point. These £50 games could include MP we all know theres enough space, sony go's on and on about blu-ray. Obviously games like Heavenly sword can't really have Online MP but it could have leaderboards orsplit screen co-op something to make it last a bit longer. All im saying isps3 online is a bit crap atm. I like playing warhawk alot (wish people would talk a bit morethough) I blast through theseSP games andhave to wait ages for the nextone.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
Sony always had a huge variety of game genres, and many game genres are not possible in multiplayer, or they would just suck. Games like Heavenly Sword wouldn't work online. Games of this genre need to offer a lot of unlockables, like NGS and DMC does to give more value to a short game. HS lacked that, and this is why it was so short. DMC3 was also VERY short, but at least there was weapons to upgrade and new costumes to unlock and getting everything could take you over 20 hours.
barrett33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 barrett33
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

uggg this is why i fear america(im american so dont talk about how your grandpappy punched ossama in the face)is killing video games. people cannot appriciate a game with a begining middle and end anymore. expecially if your not just running around blowing stuff up. lets face if it is not a FPS and doesnt have online then it gets poor reviews. but if its a multimillion dollar exclusive of just another sequal FPS it gets a 10. we do not reward creativity enough. i think online is great and i love online fps but there is more out there and just because a game has no online doesnt mean its less of a game cuz it doesnt. like R&C, for some reason the biggest complaint i hear about it is "why is there no online" and i have to say BECAUSE IS A PLATFORMER. let it be what it is, no one expects for mario to have online play but if we gave mario a gun(super mario sunshine??? whater gun fight haha)then its an outrage that there is no online play. ok well thats my view of things.

barrett33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 barrett33
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
and 1 more thing sony actually does have some good online games. even if there network doesnt restrict you like xbl. have u played socom for ps2. i owned all systems last gen and i have a good pc and let me tell you that socom was and still today is my favorite multiplayer game.
alt_version

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 alt_version
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts
And yet some of the Boxes biggest games are single player.... Bioshock, Oblivion ..... Just saying. I don't think single player games are living in the past. Personally I find the campaign missions to almost always be the best part of games, multiplayer is nice, but it does not make or break any game for me, mostly because you can ignore it and still get what the developers wanted you to get from the game. Co-op is my favorite, any game that supports fun and original co-op gets a shiny gold star. Good story lines seem to reside almost exclusivly in single player games these days, Rainbow6 was very cut and dry and was a cliff hanger, Halo is now just copying and pasting old story sequences from 1 and 2 into 3 and gears of war was fun and exciting, but they really didn't explain anything to you about what was going on, The Darkness pulled off a good story but a really uninvovled multiplayer that seemed tacked on and Ghost Recon was along the same lines as Rainbow6. Honorable mention goes to Half Life 2 which is all around fantastic. All in all multiplayer doesn't make a game and the fact that some games don't have it doesn't mean that they are "Living in the Past"
graze81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 graze81
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts
Some games aren't ment to be online. I hate games where the online seems to be tacked on it for the sake of having it. Not every game needs to be online. If you can find a way to include online but not make it seem like some have assed thing, I'm all for it.
legend_maker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 legend_maker
Member since 2005 • 250 Posts
wow are you dumb? sony isn't living in the past, have you ever thought the maybe the past is a great way to go? look at how many amazing games were made in the past. i think the past is a perfect way to build on games today. and another thing fps games get so boring. play for 8-9 hours with boring storylines where you just go around and shoot people or monsters or something, people need to open up there minds to games that are more interesting unless all you truly like is fps games.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sokol4ever
[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

Eh, what's the point...

spikeydude97323

War between consoles is very important, Competition is the reason why these companys go all out trying to persuade usto by their console and software. If there were no competition sony wouldn't put so much effort into their first party titles or their firmware updates as they would be the only console on the market. Also like right now in forums people compare and contrast features and differences in consoles and games. Developers do read and research in certain forums which gives them an insight in what people want.

Theres nothing immature about this thread its totally a valid point. These £50 games could include MP we all know theres enough space, sony go's on and on about blu-ray. Obviously games like Heavenly sword can't really have Online MP but it could have leaderboards orsplit screen co-op something to make it last a bit longer. All im saying isps3 online is a bit crap atm. I like playing warhawk alot (wish people would talk a bit morethough) I blast through theseSP games andhave to wait ages for the nextone.

Competition and war are two different meanings and values. You think 50$ is expensive? How about 90$ for Super Nintendo and old Cartridge gaming?

I guess you forgot old days where games were very VERY expensive to buy. However, games were fun! No one cared to slice each others throat. There was competition, healthy competition - not wars like today.

It's perfectly reasonable you say? Re-Read your own post once again, you're asking and literally "telling" Sony to improve itself, when hundreds of websites and media do that on regular basic.

Take a good and hard look at Wii and DS and tell me it's not fun.

I'm sorry to say this and I hope you don't misunderstand me for offensive, as I'm really not meaning it - but you, my friend are "tool of the media".

Have you ever though that not every article on forum, Internet or Tv is true? If someone told you Super Mario is just for kids and is boring game from review point, will that mean you now represent those words?

Most people are "educated" by media and that's how they live their lives.

Until you start to appreciate your own thoughts and make your own judgemental decisions you will not understand.

Competition is good, War is not. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo all compete with each other. However, everyones opinions are different.

This thread seems to turn into yet another System Wars, as it seems some of us can't agree on some simple issues.

The bottom line is: Games are made for fun factor, not to strike offensively your friend next to you because "you heard/were told/read" that particular game is better.

It's your money, and I do agree with you that next generation games should offer more content for online and offline, you have a valid point there.

Again, we should enjoy our games, not worry how multi billion dollars companies run their business. It's up to us to buy their products - if we find value to it. :)

Maxsimus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Maxsimus_basic
Member since 2002 • 85 Posts

NielsNL

Think its funny how so many ppl doesn't realise that the pc had far greater mp than any console game. Goldeneye the first great mp game? please! I played goldeneye alot and granted it is a good game and all it has awfull mp. The controls are chuppy you usually only play 1vs1 in big maps. and the aim is so slow that you will fall asleep while trying to shoot your target.

In 1996 Quake game out and it featured co-op + deathmatch against multiple other players. the same did doom and doom two which was released in 1993 and 1994. However the real farther to the whole mp genre was Quake 2 released in 1997. With sharp controlls and fast gameplay. In 1999 it exploded with Counter strike. and later Unreal Tournament and Quake 3: arena.

It just strikes me that so many console players doenst realise that the pc had great mp nearly a whole decade before the consoles (and yes i own a highend pc, an Amiga 500, an PSX and an Xbox 360). Anyway goldeneye great game. but bad mp especially compared to its pc rivals ;)

Game_Lover500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Game_Lover500
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts
Well, all the people who like multiplayer than SP, I know have got an Xbox 360, I have both
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 spikeydude97323

Competition and war are two different meanings and values. You think 50$ is expensive? How about 90$ for Super Nintendo and old Cartridge gaming?

I guess you forgot old days where games were very VERY expensive to buy. However, games were fun! No one cared to slice each others throat. There was competition, healthy competition - not wars like today.

It's perfectly reasonable you say? Re-Read your own post once again, you're asking and literally "telling" Sony to improve itself, when hundreds of websites and media do that on regular basic.

Take a good and hard look at Wii and DS and tell me it's not fun.

I'm sorry to say this and I hope you don't misunderstand me for offensive, as I'm really not meaning it - but you, my friend are "tool of the media".

Have you ever though that not every article on forum, Internet or Tv is true? If someone told you Super Mario is just for kids and is boring game from review point, will that mean you now represent those words?

Most people are "educated" by media and that's how they live their lives.

Until you start to appreciate your own thoughts and make your own judgemental decisions you will not understand.

Competition is good, War is not. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo all compete with each other. However, everyones opinions are different.

This thread seems to turn into yet another System Wars, as it seems some of us can't agree on some simple issues.

The bottom line is: Games are made for fun factor, not to strike offensively your friend next to you because "you heard/were told/read" that particular game is better.

It's your money, and I do agree with you that next generation games should offer more content for online and offline, you have a valid point there.

Again, we should enjoy our games, not worry how multi billion dollars companies run their business. It's up to us to buy their products - if we find value to it. :)

Sokol4ever

I started gaming when the playstation came out so no I don't remember , My limit for a computer game is £40. Guitar hero and all other expensive games I play round my friends. Ok mabey I was out of order to call sony old fashioned but at least I state IMO unlike you pal. People are allowed to have opinions thegermans lost the war remember.

If im a "tool of the media" why did I buy a ps3 when every website told me not too? because I liked the look of resistance and Heavenly sword. Why did I buy Heavenly Sword when every review site said rent? becauseI wanted to see for myself unfortunetly I should of listened because Iblasted through it in 1 evening.I buy whatI want notwhat the media tells me nor doI believe everythingI read but these huge titles for this year on the ps3 dont have online play which really blows imo. Uncharted could of had an amazing online experience andI know ratchet and clank could of because I played the hell out of 3 online.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
The PS3 has many of the kinds of game you're saying it doesn't have. Go away Troll.
MOM-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MOM-D
Member since 2005 • 5222 Posts
Yeah I love online gaming. Sony does need too step it up.
erv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 erv
Member since 2003 • 105 Posts

Just wait for socom's onlinemultiplayer...

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

Ok I am a gamer I love good games on any system and I say multiplayer is only good in its right place but what I think the point of this thread was sony don't even have online leader boards or things likethat not just multiplayer that its always nice to know how you ranked in the world.

the other point I would like to make is all you people that have PS3's on here and moan that you don't like online multiplayer because of trash talking and playing people that are new to games and are too easy for you to beat, well what do you think HOME is going to be like? there will be trash talking galore and noobs all over the place yet the majority of people hype that.

DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

I guess its all good as long as everyone doesn't - "all of a sudden" LOVE multiplayer online - that is, when its actually available:)

I agree with the post maker, X360 is way ahead in this regard 1000%. I guess most people DO prefer online games, just look at PC and X360 owners - and how many are online. For those that haven't experienced online, maybe you wouldnt be able to appreciate, but considering how SHORT most Campaign's are, online is a must for the modern gamer who has SHELLED OUT BIIIIG money.

Gears of WAR is a perfect example of Online gaming and Single player campaigning - at its absolute greatest.

NBA LIve 08 on PS3 on the other hand, I cant get an online game to save my life it seems - and the once I have it lagged like crap.

This is just my experience/opinion

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
I prefer an engaging single player experience along with a great online multiplayer, but these days its one or the other.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I'd gladly take engaging single player over MP full of ignorant children any day.