Sony / PS Never Again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmie029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jimmie029
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Just want everyone to know that if you remove your CC from your account, your PLUS account will be disabled regardless if it's within the 12 mos. When you add the same or another CC, they will bill you for another 12 mos. When you request your money back, you will not get it if you are outside of the refund window even if your original account was never expired. Apparently Sony needs the money enough to charge me for to memberships within 7 pos and not refund one. Look out don't tlet this happen to you!

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Are you sure it wasn't just the automatic renewal that was cancelled? Your remaining PS+ days shouldn't have been taken from you as far as I know. Once the subscription is fully paid for, you should get the amount of time you bought. If it did actually remove your PS+ benefits, then call customer support because there's no way that should be right. Unless maybe you received a refund or partial refund which I highly doubt.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@jimmie029: That's false information.

jimmie029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimmie029

No, not false. The Sony CSR that I was chatting with agreed and confirmed my PLUS membership was recharged and he told me that because it was last month (outside their "window") they would not refund the money. I asked to speak to speak to a manager and was only offered chat which I agreed to. He told me the exact same thing. There was nothing he could do abut it.

I only play one game, COD. I always pre-order the game and include the plus membership in full when when I buy it so it was good through Nov. The is not false and I'm not sure what you're bases is for claiming this false.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12

@jimmie029: Turn off automatic-renewal and you're fine.

Also, ONLY play 1 game and that's COD... LOL

jimmie029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimmie029

@GTR12: Not sure where your going wit this but yet you find everything I say unbelievable? or funny? Ohhh I get it, you work for Sony.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

This still doesn't make sense to me. So you had PS+ and removed your credit card. You then added another credit and somehow your remaining days vanished.

I just can't find anything that supports this happening, namely removing your payment method and it killing your membership right then and there. The only thing that should get disabled is automatic renewal.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12

@jimmie029 said:

@GTR12: Not sure where your going wit this but yet you find everything I say unbelievable? or funny? Ohhh I get it, you work for Sony.

Uhhh no, but what you say doesn't sound right, PS+ doesn't auto-disable when you remove a CC, you're the 1st, nor does it auto-renew when you add another CC (unless its expired and you have automatically-renew turned on).

GMBluth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GMBluth
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

This still doesn't make sense to me. So you had PS+ and removed your credit card. You then added another credit and somehow your remaining days vanished.

I just can't find anything that supports this happening, namely removing your payment method and it killing your membership right then and there. The only thing that should get disabled is automatic renewal.

Yeah, this. I've removed CCs and let the expiration lapse on them. There's no system in place for it to bump your subscription. That's not how the system works.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@jimmie029 said:

No, not false. The Sony CSR that I was chatting with agreed and confirmed my PLUS membership was recharged and he told me that because it was last month (outside their "window") they would not refund the money. I asked to speak to speak to a manager and was only offered chat which I agreed to. He told me the exact same thing. There was nothing he could do abut it.

I only play one game, COD. I always pre-order the game and include the plus membership in full when when I buy it so it was good through Nov. The is not false and I'm not sure what you're bases is for claiming this false.

Do you have proof? Can you make the call again and record the call for us?

jimmie029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jimmie029

@Coolyfett: I regretfully closed the chat window without taking a screen shot first. They would not give me number to call only transferred the chat window from one person to another. I'm dumbfounded over the whole thing and I can tell you that I will not give Sony one more dime! I purchased and pre-paid for the plus membership at the same time I pre-ordered the game. The only thing I have is a receipt they emailed me charging me again for another plus account. I know it's only $60 but it's the principle now.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I've deleted credit cards from my account and this never happened to me.

If you had this experience, I'd call my cc company and ask for a refund.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Best way is someone here trying it and see how it goes.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

This is really poor management by Sony but the reality is you as customers have allowed this environment to form. Payin gfor an online servcie while already paying for a broadband subscriber? lol

hatecalledlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 hatecalledlove
Member since 2004 • 1383 Posts

I've had 4 or 5 different cards on my system, recently got a PS4 Pro and switched the cards on it before putting in a 12 month PS plus card on my account - Switching cards didn't charge my card or automatically renew my subscription. I've literally never heard of this happening over the last 11-12 years with the PS3 and PS4 and going through multiple cards.

Sounds fishy